Black People : I don't know what happened. Don't laugh!

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Renting the furniture I just can’t see. I was sitting here watching my TV. Then I realized it assaulted me. :teach:

My folks dancing and balloons flying. RAC is the place they are. They are buying. RAC the deep cost of credit. It will never help them. Learn to go without don’t pay the premium it won’t help your credit, in this millennium. :sand:

:eek:hmy: I went there once to rent a stereo in 1987. The process was so intrusive. I left and bought a thousand dollar stereo to avoid the hassle. It is so degrading and targeting. Built on a process for us to loose. When we going to stop supporting the mush? We know its foolish and a hasty decision. To go to RAC and miss the vision. :tongue:

We all want nice things, but your renting disaster. They charge three times the worth, of what you were after. Why my folks tied to the RAC. :cry: lol

( Rent A Center ) :madd:

Brother HODEE ... hi there ... :wave:

I do agree with you. It seems those rental businesses make the majority of their money off of us, Black folk. We are not given the same opportunities as our white counterparts, to have jobs, make big money, get loans, keep good credit, etc., so up springs an entire industry to feed off of the bad situations they've put us in.

They know we want nice things, just like they do, regardless of if we can't go in a store and buy them. So in our effort to be (or appear to be) successful, like our oppressors, we have to go this way.

I think pawn shops and bail bond companies are much like them too.

Our people should try to do without these items, if they can't afford to go in a store and buy them ... but that's obviously easier said than done, with so many of these businesses continuing to make money, hand over fist, off of us.

:heart:

Destee

our people should try to do without them? Yeah, right! Have you met the Bling-Bling generation? They sell their cars to buy rims! Hello! We live in a capitalist society. If you HAVE nothing, you ARE nothing. This is what we have been taught. Man, I remember growing up. All the kids seemed to have Used and damaged and Fila and Reebok... My clothes came from Montegomery Wards. Thehn I realized something: I had on a new outfit everyday for the first 2 weeks of school... But by Thursday, some of those kids were wearing their freshly washed Tuesday Adidas warm up suit.. again!

Rent to Own.... Where else can you get that 65" color TV for fight night that your friends destroy that you have to pay for and STILL have no TV when it's all over? Rent A Center.... Where else can you go for that pleather couch that your boy spilled a whole 40oz malt liqueor on? Color Tyme.... Get a week free when the first month is paid in full.

We ruin our credit to have things we do not need.. and the only reason we want them is because it's "the style." This generation has taken "keeping up with the Joneses" to a WHOLE new level.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back