Destee's Thoughts I Don't Do Cliques

Right. Right.

I dig it all... but I must admit that people who post 3-8 poems at one time are a huge turnoff for me! normally I won't even look their way, howeva I have been reading everyone and must say that there are some brilliant people on this board!

peeps who post like that cheat themselves, the readers, and other poets who are posting!!! they are cheated because from what i've noticed they are excellent poets but they dont give their work time to sink into the reader because they (the reader) may feel pressured to read them all thus missing the point of all of them or meshing them together...

Also they cheat the rest of the poets on the board who wanna be read/seen... somedays you can post a poem in the morning and it's on page 2 or 3 by evening cause 2 or 3 poets posted 8 poems at one time... that aint right. which may be why the new fam isn't getting the attention they deserve, cause we dont see it!

All in all I agree with what's been said, just had to drop my 2 pennies on it...

I dig it all
Reas

Reas - i never really thought of it like that. i really don't intend to flood and thereby block my new fam. whow - i need to consider that.

consider also - like me - i write in spurts. probably 3 -10 poems at a time. sometimes is may happen weekly cause i have challenged myself to produce 3-5 new pieces for each new show (griot has a bi-weekly spokenword show). now by many standards, that may not be good, but i like to keep a fresh edge on the show.

i certainly don't post them all, as you can see from the number of posts i have active - but i agree and will be careful not to flood the boards this week. but **** i almost did! I'll try to keep it to 1 or 2 per day vs. 10

my bad

as ex exclaimed, we all are human and tend to sometimes set in our ways. Most times when i visit here i look at the names and read what who is most familiar to me. I will make an honest attempt to not do that. I'll be an equal opportunity reader.

tps

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back