Destee's Thoughts I Don't Do Cliques

:wave: Haaaaaaaaaay Yall :wave:

Gaylee - Yes, I think with age comes wisdom to be able to discern the things that are really worthy of one's concern and the things that are not. I"m with you, in my younger days I would not have handled the same things as well. I truly appreciate you being here, the love that you give us, in both directions! Thanks for responding to this, letting the new folk know that they are welcome.

Sunshyne ... oops ... i mean elayne ... :D ... thanks for the newbie tips! I too have seen some of the poets coming in posting quite a few peaces, before ever responding to any that are here. As you know, we don't have any rules requiring anyone to post so many responses first or even limiting them to the number they can post. It is all about net-etiquette and giving love if you want some in return. Yep, good tips and I do appreciate you responding and being willing to make continued efforts to show love to the poets here. Thanks Sis.

WildFlower ... thanks for reading and sharing your input. Since you agree'd with elayne, I thank you too for being willing to make continued efforts to show love to the Family.

KLabarron ... you said it, not me! Strange Birds! heheheh :D
No, just kidd'n ... and please know that I'm not disheartened. I think I see an issue that might have needed addressing, giving everyone a chance to respond. I don't think we are at any panic levels. My concern is for the very foundation we are built on. It's all about love. It's all about us having a place to call our own, where we can be us with all of our dysFUNctions. There are no "administratively supported cliques." I just want to assure anyone who may think otherwise, Destee does not do cliques. All are welcome here. Period.

Exodus Williams ... a special thanks to you for responding. I think you are the newest Member that has responded thus far. You are most certainly welcome to be you! :)

Reason ... Thank you too for the posting tips. While we don't have lots of rules regarding how folk post, there are some things that should be considered nono's ... :) ... Thanks for all that you do to make folk feel welcome here. I appreciate your willingness to continue. I need your pennies, Thank You! :D

KLabarron ... I've never noticed you flooding the board, uuuhhhh ... till this week ... and this is your week ... so don't deny yourself ... this is the time BruhMan ... do da dadgum thang! ... This is the time! You are Our Featured Poet of the Week! :toast: Go 'head on and show out! :D I know I'm gonna when my week comes! :wink:

Sherykah ... I'm not asking you to be other than yourself. I don't want you to be $$RICH$$, besides no one can be $$RICH$$ except $$RICH$$ himself and I'm so very grateful that he's here with us! I don't think I'm asking folk to do like $$RICH$$ does, and as I've mentioned before, I never even asked $$RICH$$ to be himself ... he just was! Which makes it all the sweeter. My concern is that everyone feel welcome and a part of the Family we've built. You've done much to aid in this, often going above and beyond to help others. It's about giving what we can to others. It may only be an encouraging word or a smile, but sometimes that's all folk really want or need. Even though you've written all that stuff up there about reading and replying to those you choose, you've failed to mention that that is most. Keep up the good work spreading the love the way you do, because it's required of you. :wink:

We are living in a time when trouble is on every side, people are hurting, encouraging words and kind considerations are needed and we can give them from the comforts of our home with very little effort. Which one of us would not do this if we could? Not one.

:heart:

Destee

Everybody includin da new members of da family need sum luv, and i just wanted 2 take da time 2 honor these new poets and poetesses. We can't turn these people away, we gotta give them some luv, and i'm sendin my luv out 2 all da new destee family members and 2 da people dat made dis destee family possible. My luv goes out especially to destee, destee you're the best girl.

Aaliyahmonet:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back