Black Poetry : I Don't Care About America

Da Street So'ja said:
this republic is truly NOT of the people

What I mean...... is that when I was young I looked to hiphop and found a type of peace..... "brown skin woman your a queen and not a ***".. "self destruction"... "be a father to your child"... "sister..sister".....

I felt impowered... we had a voice.... it became strong!.....

now what does our voice say... "i'm in love with a stripper"..."clap your hands if you got a bank roll".. "to the window to the wall .. till the sweat ..now skeet".......

but guess what... sisters' in the hood statistically are the most diagnosed with HIV... brothers still killing each other... glorifying a life that can never ever love you back.... our families are broken... and all I hear is bling bling, b****, sex .. kill etc.

we still oppressed, and we have our part in that......

SO I'M ANGRY.... VERY ANGRY... BECAUSE I GO TO WORK AND THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH BIGGEST PROBLEM IS WE CAN'T WEAR JEANS TO WORK...

MY PROBLEM... ONE MISTAKE AND I CAN'T TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY... I'M BACK TO THE BLOCK WERE THERE'S HEROIN NEEDLES AND THE STENCH OF POVERTY ALL OVER...

I HAVE A SON... THEY WANT TO LOCK HIM UP.. THEY WANNA SEND HIM TO FIGHT IN WAR .. (EVENTUALLY).. THEY WANT HIM TO BE A WOMAN BEATER... A DRUG DEALER...

HE AIN'T SUPPOSE TO MAKE IT...

HE WILL... IF IT KILLS ME....

"A MAN HAS NO REASON TO LIVE... UNLESS HE HAS SOMETHING THAT HE WOULD DIE FOR"....

AND FOR YA'LL MY PEOPLE ... I WOULD DIE..... BUT AMERICA CAN GO TO HELL ON THE HELL EXPRESS BECAUSE IT'S SYSTEMATICALLY SET UP TO MAKE MY LIFE AND YOURS A LIVING ONE"...........

PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM ME CAUSE I'M THIS ANGRY BUT EVERYBODY THAT IS OPPRESSED SHOULD BE ANGRY.. AND USE THAT ANGER TO MOTIVATE THEMSELVES TO BE EVERYTHING THAT THEY SAY YOU CAN'T BE!

Well, if it's that bad and you are that disappointed, perhaps you should consider leaving. Go live in another country that you beleive will give you the happiness that you deserve and desire. You do have that option since it appears you are bitter and unhappy. Just sayin'......

Who are you to make such a suggestion, and upon what basis?

This is poetry and carries tremendous literary freedoms related to prose, Xeon.

PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM ME CAUSE I'M THIS ANGRY BUT EVERYBODY THAT IS OPPRESSED SHOULD BE ANGRY.. AND USE THAT ANGER TO MOTIVATE THEMSELVES TO BE EVERYTHING THAT THEY SAY YOU CAN'T BE!
Yes indeed my sister, channel that anger into a source of energy that will fuel your engine and take you to where ever it is that they say you can not go!!!!! Power to the those who will seize it....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back