Black People : "I Charge The White Man"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ShemsiEnTehuti, Jan 16, 2007.

1. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Do you agree with the crux of the "I Charge The White Man" speech by Malcolm X, as rendered in Spike Lee's film? Take a look and share your thoughts...

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Even with filtering this through the climate of its time setting, yes, I do agree with the "crux" of the speech.

Actually, this wasn't a Malcolm X "speech."

It was part of a 1959 play called "The Trial" which was written by (Louis Gene Walcott) aka Louis X aka Louis Farrakhan.

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Orgena Tells true History Of Afro-Americans

Reprinted from the December, 1960 (Vol. 1, No. 4) edition of Muhammad Speaks Newspaper (Page 6)

NEW YORK, N.Y.- A capacity crowd jammed New York's Town Hall recently just off Broadway for a three-hour musical performance of the Moslem spectacular, ORGENA, featuring a star-studded Boston cast,led on by Boston Moslem Minister Louis X.....

COMPLETE ARTICLE: http://www.muhammadspeaks.com/Ornega.html

4. Cthismetalheart

Cthismetalheart Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    I think that a lot of these things are significant due to the times that they were during those times. Also I would say that the white man hasn't been put through their "justice system" to come clean about such things. Thus the need to discuss the Trial. I agree with it, but will not hold all of it against every single one of them.

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

And that is what Malcolm proposed...to take the U.S. to the United Nations.

6. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Usualy after a guilty verdict there is either imprisonment or banishment.

How much have we realy put into place regading banishment?

When will we start talking about banishing our expenditures and realy discuss providing our own food, clothing, and shelter as well as our own gas, electric and cable utilities?

There is an old folk tale :
    ONCE upon a time there was a farmer and his wife who had one daughter, and she was courted by a gentleman. Every evening he used to come and see her, and stop to supper at the farmhouse, and the daughter used to be sent down into the cellar to draw the beer for supper.

So one evening she had gone down to draw the beer, and she happened to look up at the ceiling while she was drawing, and she saw a mallet stuck in one of the beams. It must have been there a long, long time, but somehow or other she had never noticed it before, and she began a-think-ing. And she thought it was very dangerous to have that. mallet there, for she said to herself: "Suppose him and me was to be married, and we was to have a son, and he was to grow up to be a man, and come down into the cellar to draw the beer, like as I'm doing now, and the mallet was to fall on his head and kill him, what a dreadful thing it would be !" And she put down the candle and the jug, and sat herself down and began a-crying.

Well, they began to wonder upstairs how it was that she was so long drawing the beer, and her mother went down to see after her, and she found her sitting on the settle crying, and the beer running over the floor.

"Why, whatever is the matter ?" said her mother.

"Oh, mother!" says she, "look at that horrid mallet! Suppose we was to be married, and was to have a son, and he was to grow up, and was to come down to the cellar to draw the beer, and the' mallet was to fall on his head and kill him, what a dreadful thing it would be!"

"Dear, dear! what a dreadful thing it would be!" said the mother, and she sat her down beside the daughter and started crying too.

Then after a bit the father began to wonder that they didn't come back, and he went down into the cellar to look after them himself, and there they two sat crying, and the beer running all over the floor.

"Whatever is the matter ?" says he.

"Why," says the mother, "look at that horrid mallet. Just suppose, if our daughter and her sweetheart was to be married, and was to have a son, and he was to grow up, and was to come down into the cellar to draw the beer, and the mallet was to fall on his head and kill him, what a dreadful thing it would be!"

"Dear, dear, dear! so it would!" said the father, and he sat himself down aside of the other two, and started a-crying.

Now the gentleman got tired of stopping up in the kitchen by himself, and at last he went down into the cellar too, to see what they were after; and there they three sat crying side by side,and the beer running all over the floor. And he ran straight and turned the tap. Then he said: "Whatever are you three doing, sitting there crying, and letting the beer run all over the floor ?"

"Oh!" says the father, "look at that horrid mallet! Suppose you and our daughter was to be married, and was to have a son, and he was to grow up, and was to come down into the cellar to draw the beer, and the mallet was to fall on his head and kill him!"

And then they all started crying worse than before. But the gentleman burst out laughing, and reached up and pulled out the mallet, and then he said: "I've traveled many miles, and I never met three such big sillies as you three before

And the moral of the story is..................

(Dr Francis Cress Welsing stated in the "Isis Papers" that we talk about a problem, and talk about a problem , and discus a problem, and just before we get to a solution.....
    we are back to talking about the problem again)

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

And this part of the play, "The Trial," bears some semblance to an earlier publication (1829), David Walker's "Appeal."

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Malcolm was realy the foundation of the United Nations, International Racism Conference, so why did the president decide not to attend?

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

And they're still significant to THESE times today.

10. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

David Walker's Appeal (Excerpts)