Audio Video Web Conferencing : I cant get in

Discussion in 'Audio Video Web Conferencing' started by Caribbean_Voice, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Caribbean_Voice

Caribbean_Voice Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I am fairly new to the site, but, everytime I want to get into the voice chat, it won't let me log in....I get up to the start voice chat button, then.....NOTHING...if anything...I want to talk TODAY...someone who's good with computers....please help

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    Hello Caribbean Voice and Welcome Again !!! :wave:

Your browser may be set to not allow you to accept the plugin required for voice chat to work. Let me tell you what may help. Try this ...

1. On your browser, notice at the top that it has the menu bar that says ... FILE ... EDIT ... VIEW ... FAVORITES ... TOOLS ... HELP.

2. Click on TOOLS ... then choose ... INTERNET OPTIONS.

3. A new dialogue window opens, from there, click on the SECURITY tab.

4. In the middle of that window (toward the bottom) you'll see ... CUSTOM LEVELS ... click on it.

5. You'll then see options for ACTIVE X plugins. Make sure that they are all ENABLED (there are about 5 or 6 of them).

6. Close those windows and try coming in again.

7. After you get in ... you can go back and mark those options DISABLED or PROMPT.

Let me know if this works for you.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. Caribbean_Voice

Caribbean_Voice Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sister Destee....I tried last night again and did what you said...and I just tried again...It still doesnt work... :(

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I'd a pb with the chat too but i'm using another computer and...i can get in but i can't hear anyone or say anything!!!Anyway do ur best to be in...itz kindda cool

5. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    hmmm

Are you sure you're putting your Name and password in correctly?
    I sure hop we can figuer this out...
    I don't know what else the problem could be unless you have the same issues Sister Triniti had, then you would need to stroke and hoooold that button until it let you in..lol (inside joke)

6. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219

Are you still having problems eneterin in chat? If so let me know.

The chat we have now doesn't call for any additional downloading of software
    clean out your cookies/temp files and try again....and let me know how that works for you.

ChatMod
    Angel

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Flash7 System Requirements

Macromedia has tested Flash Player extensively on the following minimum hardware configurations:
    Windows
    450 MHz Intel Pentium II processor (or equivalent) and later
    128MB RAM

Macintosh
    500 MHz PowerPC G3 and later
    128MB RAM

and when "they" say "minimum", they usually mean with no other processes running in your puter at all! and that includes an "OS" that has a pretty hefty set of "minimum requirements" all by itself. toss in background virus scanners, firewalls, background "quick launch" stuff, accessibility options, background IM clients ... (i'd suggest that older hardware back down to 98SE if they still have the installation media available.) my 667MHz puter just barely gets there, and it gets sluggish in a lot of places! i noticed folks bouncing in and out last night while the forum was down, and one of them i know is well below this level. i would imagine that there are a number of people running on older hardware that just can't afford to get something "modern".

8. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Hmmmm....now I wonder who that could have been anAfrican? Well, you won't be able to use that new computer if your lights have been turned off, now will ya? LOL
    Actually, anAfrican gave me some valuable information regarding my computer. Thank you a million for that brotha! The problem is now, if I open this computer up, in an attempt to install more memory, and do something to it I shouldn't, I won't be online at all. So, we'll see what I decide to do...

9. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    actually, replacing memory in that laptop only requires opening a panel that is quite similar to the panels one opens to replace batteries in other things; it doesn't expose anything else at all. instructions, and a graphic are in the "parts replacement" pdf found from the link in that page i emailed you.

10. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I switched computers, and can no longer get into chat myself. I enabled all of the Active X plug-ins but still NADA!