Black People : I can't do anything for Africa so stop asking

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ManicRaider, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    I see a lot of people talking about how Africa is in need of help but I can't do anything about it. Why?

1. I don't have money to travel.

2. I'm not familiar with that part of he world so I don't know where to begin both geologically and politically.

3. I'm not sure how African Americans are viewed over there. Chances are they would see me as an outsider and would not prefer me to meddle in their business.

4. I like things to happen at a certain pace. I know that change cannot happen instantly but I like to do things where I know I would see improvement in a certain amount of time. Helping out at a local level or even a regional level could take a few years but helping out an entire continent could take decades. I'd probably die before anything begins to progress (by die I mean by old age/natural causes).

I hope I don't sound selfish saying any of this but it's how I feel. If there was a massive act of rebellion throughout all or most African countries then I would step in because I'd have a majority of those who want things to change on my side. But as long as I keep hearing about how people are laying back and having everything taken from them without a fight, I can't do anything for them.

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    you asked me for something to do with your time before and responded with a list in that thread
    (Taking Care.....)

just do those things as much as possible, I am sure your ancestors are from Africa, therfore their relatives are living there somewhere and they will apreiaite it,
    cause if you do anything positive for folks of African descent where you are, spiritualy you do it for others

If you are a deist, pray for them

if you are an atheist or agnostic meditate positive vibrations and energy and visualizations to them

they are your family

and you dont realize just from at least having the heart and concern mentioned to at least try, and have a focus to help

you have done much!

And dont believe the hype, no one is taking crap over there without a fight

You as an individual have much more then millions
    becuase you have

focus

and a heart that cares for your fellow Africans

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Most of here have a conscience and need not go on guilt trips because we don't live up to your lofty standards...

But how many different monickers do you post under here?

I'm losing count!

Duh...

LOL

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    You ask alot of questions, but you ask the right questions

You make some statements, but they expose your inner wisdom, and possible leadership qualities

You will find when you have spare time and volunteer to work with others in whatever capacity your talents and spirit leads you

something will open up in your heart and your head,
    like a piece of coal turning into a diamond

and the more you help others the more that process will occur

Like Morpheus said, stay focused; your heart is leading you on the right track