Black People : " I can't believe what I'm hearing "

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Romantenor, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Romantenor

Romantenor New Member MEMBER

Master Plumber
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was watching T.V. and a black woman said that if an Arab came up to her and ask a question, she'd be so angry she wouldn't know what to do, she said we need to send them all back home. I read a comment stated by a black man saying we need to shoot them (Arabs) all. Well I could believe the white man saying something like that, because for years they have been telling us to go back to Africa. To hear my people speak the same evil words of the white man disappoints me deeply, what happened, did we suddenly forget our history and how we are still being treated in this so called free land, how can we as black people form our lips to discriminate against an whole race of people because a handful of them are evil. We know better as a race better than any other race how sterotype we are, if one black commits a crime we're all labled as criminals. I feel deeply saddened for all the lost lives committed in that attack, black, white, chinese, japanese, arabs and hispanic. But please don't become like them, for we are a much better class of people than that, don't blame the whole Arab nation for what a few of them have done. peace...Romantenor P.S. remember, the only true people with an American address is the American Indian, only they can truely tell you to go home. romantenor

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Romantenor ... :wave: ... Thank you for joining us.

I agree, I too have heard disparaging remarks like you've described above and it saddens me. I saw a few pieces of news where the children were scared to go to school, people standing outside their house in mass, waving flags and chanting ugly things. Gosh, it really did make me think of the cross burnings, lynchings, discrimination our folk had to bear. I can imagine the fear that is in their hearts, having to live amongst folk who hate them ... just because. Unfortunately, some of us are right in the midst of it, despite our own history (and future, if history is an indicator of it).

Thanks for joining this forum, starting this discussion and sharing your views on others. You are most appreciated.

Destee

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Amen, Brother! Your words ring nothing but truth!

And we've been here over 400 years and haven't been able to "go Home" yet.

And :birthday:

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    why we love those that do not love us?

arabs have done the same dirt to black people that the white man has.

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

*Oh, Lord*

Well, start a new thread, Brother James and title it "Why Can't I Hate Arab People?"

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    sounds like a plan....

why are black people always showing such love to people who oppress us?

7. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Sorry, but I have no love for arabs either. Not because of any "terrorist" thing, but because of how many stores and beer/liquor selling gas stations that they have put in my home. A city that's 90% black, and they have all but taken over every neighborhood store.
    Then, they not only don't want to hire any blacks to work in them, but they treat us like dirt when we come in; watching us, throwing change at us yet placing it in white people hands, even keeping pennies in the change if you don't ask for them. I won't even go into how high prices are in them. Yet, right across the bridge in a city that's almost totally white, they don't have any liquor stores there, and barely have a presence there.
    No, I have not forgotten how we were nor are treated by whites. But I will not close my eyes to how other races treat us as well.

8. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

wow.

Well, that's a VERY good question, Brother James. :lol:

I've sometimes wondered the same myself. :cool:

9. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    lmao , ok, That was funny..........

10. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    I agree wholeheartedly. It's a shame how we adopted dam near everything from our oppressors and imitated them down to the "hate".

Even the native indians came from the same home. I pray that one day we stop all the negative hype with the excuse that : " They did it to me" , So it's ok for me to do the exact same thng to another race." Wrong is wrong for all. At this stage of the game, we are all mixed with something.

I love my blackness deeply and my race , but that does not mean I must "hate' anybody. I hate the eurocentric system. Never one race of people.

You're wise, And Welcome