Black Spirituality Religion : I CAN RESPECT STEVE HARVEY

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Afru Shukuwr, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    LISTEN TO TOM JOYNER SHOW AND THEN LISTEN TO STEVE HARVEY SHOW ON THE RADIO. YOU CAN FEEL THE DIFFERENCE. I AM WRITING THIS POST MOSTLY FOR CHRISTIANS ON THIS BOARD.
    JOYNER HAD A CALLING TO BE FUNNY WITH SOME RELIGIOUS BS.
    HARVEY HAD A CALLING TO BE SPIRITUAL WHILE BEING FUNNY. HE SAID SO HIMSELF.
    I DONT THINK I CERTAINLY AGREE WITH ALL THAT HE SAYS BUT ALOT OF THINGS ARE JUST LOOKING AT STUFF FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE AND I DO RESPECT HIM ALOT MORE THAN MOST CHRISTIANS ON THE RADIO. THE GOAL SHOULD BE MIND ELEVEATION OF AS MANY AFRICANS THAT CAN
    ELEVATE AND NOT EVERYBODY IS GOING TO BE PAN AFRICAN. AT LEAST NOT YET.THE MORE THAT ELEVATE THE MORE THAT WILL ELEVATE.

2. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    My thoughts exactly. Truth is truth no matter who it comes from.

3. LadyLC

LadyLC Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142
    I used to listen to the Steve Harvey. I liked how he used to close out his show everyday and he used to bring the truth. You just had to get past the profanity and see that the message was the same as anyone else that brings the truth.

4. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    The funny thing about this is that while living in los angeles I didnt like steve harvey the dj, nor did I like sinbad. It was difficult for me to get into comedians pontificating and constantly downgrading rap music knowing that black comedy is not much better. However, lstening to steve since moving to texas (and yes, i do listen to tom joyner morning show) I find BOTH a lot better than most other black radio. I started to listen to steve more and found that his "calling" is REAL and there is much truth in many of his messages. And when his boy rickey smiley took a stand awhile back in the paris, texas "standoff" it made me see just how real these folks are. Besides, steve's morning team just seem more down-to-earth. But I have nothing negative to say about either one of them.

5. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    This is true

mind elevation is how our ancestors built the pyramids at Giza; along with Har-ma-ket (ShemsiEnTehuti - may correct my spelling; however this semantic truth is closer to the real deal than the word -- Sphinx which is a Greek mis-transliteation and total gross oversight.

6. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    There are alot of mistranslations by other people.
    Our African words had a purpose with our people. The sounds and tones represented something given from Allah of course. The languages were from God. They were not just thought of as a way to do business and make money for ones personal use and desires.