Black Relationships : "I Been Round the Block, Baby:" would You Say so?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by river, Jan 17, 2006.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I've noticed many of the brothers here have no problem indicating that they've been sexually intimate with several women.

sisters how do you feel about telling people how often you've been around the block? would you type a sentence that begins "I've been with men who..." and think nothing of it?

Are our qualms double standards that we need to get over or are they the virtues of modesty we should cherish?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i have been with everybody.........at least once............ :slobber:

3. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I know you're asking the sistaz but let me get a plug in right quick...

It may seem unfair, but there's a natural explaination for the double-standard that exists in nearly every culture around the world.

For a man to be virile in bed and have many women is seen as attractive because it makes him look powerful both physically and financially.

Women look at him and say:
    "If he's got them many women flocking around him, he must have SOMETHING they want....I'm gonna find out what it is!"

On the other hand, if a woman is very sexually active and is known to frequent many men, it makes her look whorish because it's not natural for a woman to have that large of a sexual appetite.

Men look at her and say:
    "Why can't she control herself, I bet so many men been up in her...her stuff gotta stank"

Men have an overabundance of testosterone that makes us super aggressive and super horny...so there's a natural explaination for our promiscuity.

Women have only trace amounts of testosterone so by nature they shouldn't have a large appetite, unless they have a tumor or some sort of psychological problem driving them to seek many men.

Just think about it.....

When you see a young lady who sleeps with every man who comes her way, you don't call her a dog and praise her behavior.
    You feel sorry for her and just KNOW she has been abused or damaged psychologically in the past.
    You know something is wrong, it's not natural for a woman to be that way.

If a young man does it, you smile and shake your head..maybe call him a dog...but you don't see him as a victim.

Now I'm not justifying the promiscuity of either men or women.

But testosterone makes all the difference.
    And because people aren't taught about the chemical differences between men and women, they think we should act and think the same and therefor be held to the same standard.

4. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I don't have a problem telling a man I'mdealing with how many if he asks.
    We go through relationships just like men.
    We sometimes want what we see too and nothing more!

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    um, it's a little more complex than that.

6. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    James

No he not.....

Testosterone is the first and last of it.

7. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I don't necessarily agree with most of what's stated thus far.

I believe that women and men can control their actions regardless of this "natural" tendency to participate in sexual activities. I don't buy the whole testosterone argument. I believe that high levels of testosterone bring out in men male features among other things but not an overwhelming desire to have sex with mulitple women. If it indeed does make men desire sex more often, can we not get that from one woman? Of course, we can. However, we choose to pursue multiple women out of ego. That's my take on that.

I don't necessarily believe that women nor men should brag about their multiple sexual experiences. I wouldn't dare ask a woman how many partners she has had in the past. The only things that matter to me is whether she truly loves me, has my best interest at heart, is committed to a relationship with me and has a relationship with GOD...among other things. You can't change the past...so why ask such questions. Just make sure you and your potential sex partner get checked for stds and still use protection if you desire not to have children. Only abstinance can prevent pregnancy with a probability of 100% but at least you tried to prevent it with some type of contraceptive.

People who make "sometimes" ridiculous arguments as to why they've had many sexual experiences are avoiding responsibility for their actions. They simply choose to participate in such activities. Was it wrong? In ways, it could have been. Engaging in sexual activities when you are married or with a significant other, the other person is married or with a significant other or whatever unwritten rules determining a person is off limits for sexual activities is wrong. Just own up to what you do. The world will be a better place.

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    The last time I answered a question like this I got in trouble, so I'll just co-sign what Money said!

9. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    thanks pan you know us women you say something wrong and well swarm on ya like beezzzz on honey. hahah!!!!1:kiss1:

10. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Yes, I've been "stung" quite a few times in the past!