Black Spirituality Religion : I apologize to religious people, I must have been misinformed.

MS234

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 1, 2010
In NO way am I trying to be condescending, funny, underhanded.

I believe perhaps I could have been misinformed. I'm always evaluating and re-evaluating myself, my premise and my projection. Christianity is NOT the only religion, so when I say the word religion, I mean ALL of them.

I was told early on in life that being religious meant that one was compassionate, caring, understanding, loving, sharing and OBJECTIVE. I feel I was bamboozled. I'm realizing the fault must be with me and my insufficient understanding of what religion stands for.

I've always thought religion was much more than just memorizing some quotes from a book. Again I'm not here to be funny, I'm here to learn, to grow. If someone on this site who is religious can help me, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. Was I misinformed about religion? Does it NOT mean being compassionate, caring, understanding, loving, sharing and OBJECTIVE? If it doesn't, what does it mean to be religious and what are the rules. I would like to know so I can gain a better
understanding, and maybe I can change my views, so they don't come across as inconsiderate or insensitive.

Also I have another question for anyone subscribing to religion. I listed my five rules I follow:

1. love and compassion
2. respect (of self, life, people, environment)
3. giving without looking for something in return
4. accountability/integrity
5. righteousness and justice

Are these NOT good qualities to aspire too? Are they evil? Should I seek religion because what I'm thinking is wrong, that compassion, respect, giving and righteousness are not what I should be about?

Again ANY help in helping me understand what I should expect from religious people, will be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to understand/learn.

I apologize if I had it wrong all this time. I don't know everything and never will, but I not scared to learn.

Thanks, peace, power, love and strength.

Just a side note. Respect is #2 on my list. But if someone disrespects me, I hope they don't expect respect in return. You get what you dish out.

That last comment is just a general observation, NOT tied into a my religious statement.

No brother you are not misinformed you are simply the victim of living in the Creflo Dollar , Sweet Daddy Mccough, Bishop Long, Steve Havey generation of so called Chrsitians, and the generation of I am muslim before I am Black Ilsamicists.

Had you grown up in the 60s you would have seen that love and compassion, in the Dr King, rev Adam Clayton Powell, Rev Galamson generation, of conscious raising and community activism

now everything is selfsihnes and self centeredness and ego

No brother you are not misinformed you are simply the victim of living in the Creflo Dollar , Sweet Daddy Mccough, Bishop Long, Steve Havey generation of so called Chrsitians, and the generation of I am muslim before I am Black Ilsamicists.

Had you grown up in the 60s you would have seen that love and compassion, in the Dr King, rev Adam Clayton Powell, Rev Galamson generation, of conscious raising and community activism

now everything is selfsihnes and self centeredness and ego
Thank you for your comment and helping me to have better understanding of what I seek.
I hope some more people who consider themselves religious can add to this and help us all grow.

Thanks again.

From the problem I felt like this
http://destee.com/index.php?threads/a-word-about-the-nation-of-gods-and-earths.62434/

The goal of white supremacy is not emotional it is scientific;

to not just mess with your mind but to enter your house and tamper with everything in it till you aint recognizing it or feeling ti anymore!

Mess with Black TV,
Black radio,
Black movies,
Black religion,
Black music,
the food we eat.
even the dawgone
booze we drink.
dry up Black libraries and Black book stores,
till Donald Goines replaces Dr Ben,
and bring the community to

as Orwell's Ministry of Truth in 1984 called it Peace is war and Love is hate!

That little trick really broke up many Black families in the early eighties!

You are a Black Nationalist and a Pan Africanist when you esouse these values

you cant help but to be;
1. love and compassion

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-probelm-is-we-dont-accept-the-truths-of-our-religions.69083/

To be honest religious people should apologize to you, for not fully serving the community

In NO way am I trying to be condescending, funny, underhanded.

I believe perhaps I could have been misinformed. I'm always evaluating and re-evaluating myself, my premise and my projection. Christianity is NOT the only religion, so when I say the word religion, I mean ALL of them.

I was told early on in life that being religious meant that one was compassionate, caring, understanding, loving, sharing and OBJECTIVE. I feel I was bamboozled. I'm realizing the fault must be with me and my insufficient understanding of what religion stands for.

I've always thought religion was much more than just memorizing some quotes from a book. Again I'm not here to be funny, I'm here to learn, to grow. If someone on this site who is religious can help me, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. Was I misinformed about religion? Does it NOT mean being compassionate, caring, understanding, loving, sharing and OBJECTIVE? If it doesn't, what does it mean to be religious and what are the rules. I would like to know so I can gain a better
understanding, and maybe I can change my views, so they don't come across as inconsiderate or insensitive.

Also I have another question for anyone subscribing to religion. I listed my five rules I follow:

1. love and compassion

Are these NOT good qualities to aspire too? Are they evil? Should I seek religion because what I'm thinking is wrong, that compassion, respect, giving and righteousness are not what I should be about?

Again ANY help in helping me understand what I should expect from religious people, will be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to understand/learn.

I apologize if I had it wrong all this time. I don't know everything and never will, but I not scared to learn.

Thanks, peace, power, love and strength.

Just a side note. Respect is #2 on my list. But if someone disrespects me, I hope they don't expect respect in return. You get what you dish out.

That last comment is just a general observation, NOT tied into a my religious statement.

Welcome to Secular Humanism.

In all honesty, I think the problem there is that people don't like religion to be criticized because it's given a protected status. They also like to think of something they dedicate a significant amount of time and energy into is purely for the better, despite there being plenty of evidence to the contrary. That's just the reality of the matter.

Religions don't just say "try to be these things". They assume to have total control on the definitions of each of these words and the ways in which to be good. A lot of times they suggest things that have little to do with what constitutes as good, and unfortunately they often suggest things that a sensible person knows they are not good, but follows them anyway based on authority. They also provide imperatives for salvation that often don't really establish whether a person's reward indicates they've actually led a good life or not, especially in cases that religion prescribes cruelty and hatred as the just or good act.

They assume and assert that the criteria for these things is both external and eternal, and that a person cannot determine what's the right thing to do despite contrary to modern practice and numerous examples across time, places, peoples, and cultures.

To one side, it's just an intellectual exercise and a bit of free thought. To the other, it's offensive to question or criticize. I think this disconnect has always existed in levels of severity, even in the dialog between religions.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back