Black Spirituality Religion : I AM Who?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Mar 29, 2004.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Moses: Who shall I say sent me?
    God: I am that I am. Tell them I AM has sent thee

I AM who?

God is known by who He is in our hearts and what He has done in our lives. Do you know God? How do you complete that sentence: I AM...

I AM the provider (Jehovah Jireh)
    I AM your peace (Jehovah Shalom)
    I AM your healer (Jehovah Rafah)
    I AM with you (Yeshua--that is Jesus' real name)

How has God made Himself known (in the sense of an intimate spiritual relationship not just mental knowledge and not just an emotional high) to you? Give this some serious thought. I AM...

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

That was excellent with one exception: after 400 years of bondage as well as the fact that Moses was raised in pharoah's house...what language do you think he and everybody else was speaking ?? That's right, Egyptian. In the Egyptian language the words "I am that I am" would have been "Nuk pa Nuk".
    Just a thought. Peace

3. Earthly Allure

Earthly Allure Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    The temple of Karnak, where the Earth Chylde prays
    Ratings:
    +0
    Praises to my savior/wife God.
    He said he would be your everything.
    A wife to the wifeless
    a husband to the husbandless
    a brother to the brotherless
    a sister to the sisterless
    a mother to the motherless
    a father to the fatherless et al.
    But most importantly a Friend that stick closer than a brother.
    I was truly inspired by this piece.
    God bless,
    ~Earthly Allure

4. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    The Biblical account of Exodus states that the prophet Moses was personally ordered – by his God – to initiate the great Israelite Exodus-From-Egypt Plan. At this Moses asks the rather odd question: “If I go to the Israelites and tell them that the God of their forefathers has sent me to them, and they ask me his name, what shall I say?” The celebrated and awesome reply, recorded in Exodus 3:14, is: “I AM, THAT (IS WHO) I AM...You must tell the Israelites this, that it is Jehovah the God of their forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Jacob, who has sent you to them.”

(The words "is who" were purposefully omitted by some devious Biblical translators who were appointed by the notorious King James I of England...)

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    What was the purpose for purposefully ommitting these words? I do not ask this to challenge you but to understand where you are coming from.

6. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Peace sister river:

I've often wondered what their purpose was...just as I've often wondered why several books of the Bible (e.g., the Apocrypha) that were contained in the original Hebrew manuscripts were purposely omitted when the Bible was translated into English...

According to the concordance, the last 12 verses of the Book of Mark (16:9-20) were not contained in the original Greek manuscripts. Neither were the verses in St. John 7:53 and 8:1-11...

1 John 5:7 is also a forgery, as are the words “blessed art thou among women” in Luke 1:28. The Greek manuscripts were translated into English ca. 1611, and these forgeries were inserted by the translators...

According to the Royal Masonic Encyclopedia, of the 47 men appointed by King James I to translate the Bible, only 3 understood Hebrew, and 2 of these died before the Psalms were translated...

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    All the questions you raise interest me profoundly. In my research last year I learned that many of the bookd which didn't make it into the Bible were omitted for political reasons. For example, the Epistle (not the Gospel) of Barnabas outlines the spiritual significance of observing the Saturday sabbath as the early Church did. His exhortations are beautiful in their spiritual depth and tying the sabbath into the creation not the law of Moses. But in the fourth century the council of Laodicea was doing its best to cut off all ties the Church had to Judaism including the observance of the sabbath so naturally they could not include in their cannon a book that supported the sabbath. They also omitted the books of Ephesians and Phillippians but these made their way back into the cannon some how. I am aware that there is some interest to bring the book of Enoch, Mentioned in the epistle of Jude but omitted by the Council, back. Speculation is that it was God's will to keep this book hidden and untampered with until the time ofits fulfillment so it has been hidden in Ethiopea for hundreds of years. The final verses of the book of Revelation warn us of the consequences of tampering with the scripture.

If we look at the climate in whic the words "is who" were omitted from that verse we may be able to discover why.

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    My understanding is that the Apocrypha contained books of such deep mystery that only an inner circle of clergymen were allowed to read them. As society's trust in authority broke down during the "age of enlightenment" people began to look with suspicion on anything that was esoteric and not assessible to the common man so the word Apocrypha took on negative connotations.

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    ^5 sister river...With reason's torch we search for truth...

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    With an understanding that while reason is useful in understanding or at least having some knowledge of earthly things it falls short of comprehending the greatness of God. Reason tells me that God is greater than anything I see. How can the creature be greater than the Creator. It doesn't tell me why He created me. It doesn't tell me why He lets me live when I do everything in my power to resist Him. Love, in the final analysis, is the greatest good in the universe but in order to come to that logical conclusion I have to go through the insane processes of human interaction where reason would tell me the best thing that could happen would be to wake up and find myself the only person on Earth. All my problems would disappear.

I read a science fiction novel whose title slips my mind but it was by Frederick Pohl. In this novel a scientist is trying to decipher signals from outerspace which she believes is someone trying to communicate with Earth. At the same time she poo-poos belief and faith as inferior to hard scientific knowledge. When she finally breaks the code of the signals which tell her how to build a traveling machine to reach the beings from outerspace she and her team go. Upon her return she peacocks around and tells the Christian "You see, I don't have to depend on faith. I KNOW that these beings exist. I saw them with my own eyes. I know that they...Oh my God! They exist! What have we done? And they know how to get here. What will they do to us when they get here? What have we unleashed on the human race?!"

You see knowledge without faith brings fear, not the kind of loving relationship God wants with His creation. That's why "without faith it is impossible to please God"