Black People : I am Sooo Stupid Sometimes it Amazes Me!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Yesterday, I went to the health club to stretch, work out on the treadmill and the like.:cardio: Well, I pass by the gym in the club and there are some brothers playin ball. These guys are late 20's tops. now, do I take my 50 year old arse and go to my workout? Noooooooo, not your boy! :nono: I go and for some bizzare reason get the next game with these young men. Now mind you I have not played in like 4 years. No cartilage in my knee, and a stress fracture in my foot. its cool to day to day get around, but to play hard games of ball? Anyway, so the "boy genius" plays 1 1/2 games and I felt pain:SuN013: I had to take a cab home. The freakin cabbie had to walk me into the crib. I could not even lay down. I spent the night iced down from head to toe, sitting in my office trying to trade a few currencies and in agony. I think I musta went through a second childhood! :insane::insane: today is worse!!! So to any of you that want to call me dumb anytime soon, I have to cop to it. Please feel free to laugh at my dumb behind. I am well worthy of it.:haha::haha:

P.S. Anybody have a Rocking Chair and a Plaid Blanket? SMH

Sincerely Yours, The Rocket Scientist

2. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE 50 AND OLDER CLUB:

Broman Im reading this and laughing all the way through it and smh at the same time ....for there go I yep!!!! But I did it a step better...now i had been driving to the broads all day long...to short to dunk so had to do some exciting things reverse, spin layup..feel me? Well these young bucks and i do mean bucks decided enough was enough.. to make the story short i drive this time they decide to take my legs out from under me on the last score of the game....i ended up with a fracture rist...but hit the winning point..

Wait, wait, that's not the last of it....i do my thing me not being a spring chicken anymore it takes me a long time to heal...all the while these buck just teasing me....ain't pride grand....well as the weeks go by i heal gat my dribble back able to do what needs to be done. Now to teach the young buck a lesson..Guess what.....same guy same situation same results....now i ask u how dumb is that??

WILL WE EVER LEARN
    I DID.... LEAVE THE GAME FOR THOSE WITH GAME

3. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    NO!!!!! We are Hard Headed!!

Whew Lawd Brother. I am crying laughing. Cause that is what I said I would not do!!! "Nah, I am not gonna be one of these guys gettin hurt playin ball when I get older"! Uhhhhhhhhhhh......... I guess that went out the window along with my common sense. SMH Oh and here is another piece of the puzzle, After I was done and walking off, one of the young brothers came over and slapped me on the back and said " You played real good for a guy your age" LOL. I did not want to tell him that my back was also hurting and when he smacked me on it, I cringed.:eek:oops: This is it for me bruh. I cant do this any more.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    get well soon.....:run:

5. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

Thank you bruh. :)

6. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Nope

But I feel your pain. You can borrow my Bionic Knee as I call it. It has helped since my knee surgery.

P.S. Play with ppl ur own age group, they don't move so fast elder:haha:

7. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

LOL!:haha::haha: OK Nasheed. I was actin like I belonged on the:bus::haha:

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Well, I leaned my lesson last summer at age 49. Trynna hoop after spening two ours in a 'Oxygen'. Class. That's O 2 training. Well, I was trying to run with no gas while guarding a SISTER who plays in college. I stole the ball from her and on the break-away went up for a laying and only hit the backboard. No legs, no lift. Put the Spaulding in storage and aint touched a rock ever sense.

And just a few years ago I coached a middle chool to two area titles and used to run every day. One thing for sure...when you get older everything takes LONGER to heal. I still got a sore shoulder from May of last year.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    HA!

Not always true. When I lived in Los Angeles and used to ball in the Men's Gym there be some of them old white dudes throwing bows and shooting hooks like John Havlichek.

Ever heard of Walt Hazzard? I used to run with Coach before he got a stroke. One thing he told me ist that alot of younger brothers these days are faster and quicker but not necessarily sound in fundamentals. When balling in Plano Mark Aguirre used to come through (probably still does) and would out shoot the entire gym.

Its not about playing harder but smarter. But what do I know coming from UCLA?!

10. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    LOL Yall are funny.

I am glad you did not try to play football :)