Black People : I am SHOCKED by what I learned in class today - FBI CIA Infiltration of Black Organizations

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SophiaG, Oct 31, 2011.

1. SophiaG

SophiaG Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    So, I'm white, and perhaps a bit naive and uhm withdrawn from the realities of the black community. I've been taking a class called Islam in America and we've been reading a biography of Malcolm written by Manning Marable (spelling?), and today we began talking about how the FBI infiltrated different civil rights movements and the CIA how there is some evidence that they planted drugs within the black community after the civil rights movement to destablize them.

I was shocked to hear this. I had heard this/read about this on Destee.com before but I thought it was some conspiracy theory

Contel papers? (I don't think I am spelling this right) but my professor (who is also white) began talking about them, (they're CIA papers obtained under the Freedom of Information Act).

As I continued to listen to my professor talk about how there is some evidence that the FBI tends to infiltrate movements within America and undermine them, such as the Vietnam Protests at kent state and Wounded Knee 2, I became more and more outraged listening to what my professor was saying.

Outraged because, it made sense! It finally made sense and here I am in America, thinking for years that because we live in a democracy that our protests actually are effective and do something for the nation. Not true, we live under oppression of a state which wishes to keep the status quo.

I'm pissed. I feel like some of my innocence has been taken away, but maybe it's for the better. It's been replaced by a simmering anger and less respect for our government (which I respected before).

God am I pissed.

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    well, welcome to the world.. it might blow your mind even further when you realize that the FBI and CIA do what they do on your behalf.. to benefit you.. to ensure the domination of your group over all other groups.. what you learned in class is just the tip of the iceberg..

3. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Conspiracy theories are usually true theories which are made to be so scarey and unbelievable that folks, somewhat, throw it in the back of the trunk! If someone can think it up it is worth researching for your own good! 9 times out of 10 the chains begin to link up together to the truth, which is the scarey theorie that was stated! In this US Goverment anything anything is possible and probable!

4. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    [​IMG]
    COINTELPRO is an acronym for a series of FBI counterintelligence programs designed to neutralize political dissidents. Although covert operations have been employed throughout FBI history, the formal COINTELPRO's of 1956-1971 were broadly targeted against radical political organizations. In the early 1950s, the Communist Party was illegal in the United States. The Senate and House of Representatives each set up investigating committees to prosecute communists and publicly expose them. (The House Committee on Un-American Activities and the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee, led by Senator Joseph McCarthy). When a series of Supreme Court rulings in 1956 and 1957 challenged these committees and questioned the constitutionality of Smith Act prosecutions and Subversive Activities Control Board hearings, the FBI's response was COINTELPRO, a program designed to "neutralize" those who could no longer be prosecuted. Over the years, similar programs were created to neutralize civil rights, anti-war, and many other groups, many of which were said to be "communist front organizations."
    The FBI conducted more than 2000 COINTELPRO operations before the the programs were officially discontinued in April of 1971, after public exposure

5. SophiaG

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    I don't think it's always done to perpetuate the power of the white race (though I do think it is done to suppress minorities in the USA at times, which could include minority OPINIONS-which could be held by segments of white America.)

What about the Vietnam Protests? Weren't they done by white college students and apparently they were suppressed at Kent State by FBI agents?

In the news I am seeing clashes between occupy protestors and police forces, and it's pissing me off.

:/

And yes, i can easily imagine this is just the tip of the ice berg. It's kind of irritating how I am having to go and research things on my own in order to learn the history of minority groups in america (such as the black community and native american community) since these things were glossed over in my high school history books (which I am viewing more and more as indoctrination textbooks, or perhaps just written by the viewpoint of the white man, and not intended for indoctrination?)

History is written by the victors (which in this case is the White Man), so yeah, going to have to continue to learn about things independently for a more fair and balanced view of things

6. SophiaG

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hey OldSoul, thank you for that, I'm going to print it out and read it. :D

7. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Hello again SophiaG!
    When you state victors I would replace that with violaters!
    Just to give you a feel on how we take it!

8. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    One thing that Americans seem to be ignorant about is the fact that white people have perpetuated their ideas of superiority not only here but all over the the world...for centuries. Of course the whites who are able to do this are in the one percent but the other 34% aren't complaining about it because you all enjoy the benefits by default whether you know it/accept it or not. There is one respectable man that you may not know about who goes all over the country talking about this. His name is Tim Wise http://www.timwise.org/. He is a white man who goes around talking about white privilege.

9. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    what was vietnam? let me answer it for you.. it was about an internal riff between white nations fighting for control of the system of white supremacy.. white folks that disagreed with vietnam were suppressed just like the rest.. but that doesnt mean that the fight in Vietnam was not about white subjugation of the Vietnamese people. In the case of the vietnam war, as in Afghanistan, two white supremacist nations were racing for who could subjugate the non-white nation first.. they were engaged in a struggle for control.. but both groups were unified in their white supremacist ideologies.. they simply disagreed on the economic philosophy.. capitalism vs communism.. but both countries were in the business of dominating nonwhite nations through the use of ruthless violence and brutality.. and both nations maintained the social position of whites in their societies through a system of racism.

So white students protesting vietnam were simply out of context.. they didnt really understand what their country was all about.. they truly believed in bull$hit concepts of freedom and equality they had learned about in school.. and the busting up of those protests was just white folks bringing other white folks in line.. They were protesting about their brothers and cousins going off and getting killed and maimed.. they werent protesting the subjugation of the Vietnamese people.. their protest had a deep selfinterest component to it.. because if they could see the vietnamese as humans, then why couldnt they also see the Africans in their own country as humans deserving of basic rights?

White supremacy is a philosophy of domination. Racism is a system used to maintain favorable social, and political positioning for the white race.. its about maintaining white control.. And to keep it candid, lets remember that this Dominance is not the result of some superior form of enlightenment that the socalled white race has.. this dominance has been attained through ruthless and horrific violence.. through blood and bones.. the outright slaughter of nonwhite men, women and children.. Thats a key point to remember.. this is not some theoretical dominance based upon academic performance or iq.. this is a dominance built upon a physical dominance.. How many millions of non-white people were slaughtered in the building of America? And how many nonwhite people have been slaughtered, imprisoned and oppressed in the maintenance of the dominance attained through ruthless violence? The FBI/CIA breaking up protests? thats nothing.. What was Iraq about? What is this beef with Iran about? What was Afghanistan about? What was Korea about? What was Vietnam about? What was Kuwait about? What was Libya about? What was WW2 about? and why wasnt the bomb dropped on Germany instead of Japan? And why is America still supressing the Japanese 66 years later?

If you take a long hard look at the history of western culture, you will see the steady and deliberate spread of a system of domination of nonwhite countries.. And you'll see contentious white powers pause from time to time to fight each other over which of them will lead.. but once those fights are settled they get right back to business dominating.. that is.. murdering nonwhite men women and children to win control.

Why is China vilified? and Venezuela? and Cuba? and North Korea? all nonwhite countries that lay outside the control of the white supremacist west. Why did germanys genocide against he Jews result in the hijacking of Palestine? Why wasnt germany forced to give up some of its territory to form a jewish state instead? Take a long hard look at history and war again.. what nonwhite nation has killed and maimed as many men, women and children as the white world?

If youre going to wake up.. wake up all the way.. dont just catch a glimpse and fall back to sleep..

10. SophiaG

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    ...on second thought that loooks like a lot of printing...

Guess it's going on my electronic reading list.