Black People : I Am Proud To Be An American

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PurpleMoons, Feb 17, 2011.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    In today's present economical, social, and mental status of Black American people, what does these words mean to you?

"I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"

Does these words offend you when you hear anyone of African descent make such a bold and conflicting statement of declaration of sentiment?

As Black People, are you proud to be an American irregardless of the abuse, mistreatment, accomplishments, and social status of us thus far? Why are you proud to be or not proud to be an american?

Even if you are not American, i would love to read your input as well. Do you think it's contradictory for Black Americans to proclaim such? If yes or no, please share your thoughts?

:heart:

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I am proud to be Black and of Africa descent, but in all honesty, looking at what this corporation called the USA has done to us from the 1600s to the early 1800s, what it has done to South and Central America in the 100 years after that,
    what it has done to South East Asia in the 20 years after that, what it has done to every citizen 10 years after that,
    what deals it made with Hitler to ave a war for porfit by funding both sides, 10 years after that, what it did to Africa and and South America for 20 years after that,
    what it did to destroy a building in NYC and then try to cover it up 31 years after that,
    and the senseless wars that continue to this day that have killed and harmed millions,

no one could be proud of such a record or live in such a nation.

3. bientempo

bientempo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Dominican Republic
    Ratings:
    +165
    There are quite literally millions of people around the world who are willing to trade countries with you!!!:qqb026:

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Obviously, there would have to be a reason for that....what is it? What conditions would cause that significant number of people to want to trade places?

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    :SuN013::SuN013::SuN013::SuN013::10400:

And have you ever wondered why ?

Have you ever wondered what brough the first wave of imigrants from Europe to this antion dirng the industrial age at the end of the 19th century?
    The Jews? from Poland Germany and Russia?
    The Italians? and the Irish?

has that ever crossed your mind?
    are you aware of the banks in this antion that worked to destroy the value of the dollar in those nations as well as work to destroy the banks there causing abject poverty so that the middle class had no choice but to come here:qqb002:

Did you know that the US banks have done the same along with the Federal Reservbe, to the Carribbean nations during the 40s to the present?

Did you know that after Larry Summers and Robert Rubin manipulations with Korean banks, in thier plan to create the so called "Golden Tigers of Asia" actualy backfired like it did with thier scheme with Russia, and caused the banks and economies n Russia and Korea to fall causeing a massive immigraion of Koreans here???

did you know that the US dealings with the Saud, and the Saudi' relation to the despot in Yemen, a man who has kept that nation in abject poverty along with the commodities market manipulations in food speculation, had caused Yemen to have a population where one third face starvation, so thier middle cllas familes came here and now run 24 hour grocery store and supermarkets, in every state

6. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    yeah, they wanna trade now. Would they have been willing to trade in the 1700's? This ish came w/ a price...

Remember when Chris Rock said, "If you're black, America is like the uncle that paid your way through college but molested you."

funny but so true...

Yeah, I am proud(most of the time)lol

7. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Why do you think that is Brother Bientempo?

Like Brother Ankhur, there are those things that Brother Ankhur mention that saddens me about this country. As a Black descendant of enslaved Africans, the racial biases that still prevail today, and the treatment of my people around the globe by American government, it is very difficult to say those words honestly and with pride. Then when i consider the basic privileges that we do have compared to other countries, it makes me feel lucky to atleast be here. When it comes to America, what i am proud of is to be amongst so many great contributors for the liberation of Black People here in America. I'm proud to have the right to say this freely and without backlash. Atleast for now that is. I'm proud to have many opportunities for self-advancements using whatever venue there is available.

So for me to say wholeheartedly that i'm am proud to be an American, i would have to disregard what it may mean to non-Black Americans and insert my own meaning and understanding. Even still, i find it difficult to say it truthfully. Perhaps if i was an outsider looking in, my sentiments would be different. I'm proud to be of African descent here in America. That's the best that i can do for right now.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    and there are millions more who would not.......

9. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304

It means that the mental health professionals have a lot of work to do.

10. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102

:lol: Well okay! lol