Black Spirituality Religion : I am not my re ligon

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by emanuel goodman, Dec 4, 2011.

1. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Normally I stray away from "keeping it real" is because it will be perceived as crazy. The statement I am not my relgion because I refuse to have a very small part of me the who I am be defined by a religion.There is a verse that speaks of a god coming down to confound language and since then there is nothing but terror going on. We need to be and act at this day in time to be smarter there is more at stake then your re ligious affliation from what ever is kemetic to a seventh day Adventist.. it is all the same things all coming from the same source it has willed all these things into an existence . Until all us smart people figure that out we will continue to be a demise.. hetep

2. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    I like at it like blades of grass on a lawn. It's all grass, yet one claims they're this, one claims they're that. It all looks so silly. If a person's heart is in the RIGHT place, that's all that matters. I don't care what you call it, do you hurt or help people? It's like a blade of grass says, hey I'm a daisy today, yea I'm poison ivy today, yea I'm a rose today. No you're grass, the sooner you recognize that all you're following is fear and confusion. Like Bro Keita "the naked truth" post shows, that the origins of the religions are all based in fear, from people 60+ centuries, yet here we are in so called modern times still scared to death. Do right by people, do right by your heart and soul. Life and Death know no labels.
    What will you be thinking about on your death bed? What color the bed sheets are?

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    With all of the Christians, Muslims, and Hebrews, Yoruba, Ibos, Bhuddhists, Kemetians, of the 12 thousand people here on this webstie

the only ones who seem to be
    talking about
    or focused on religion and mythology,
    each day every day for years,

as opposed to what
    is going on in the world,
    in the community,
    in Africa, in politics, in economics, in the ecology
    , or technology that harms life
    are the ones who like to criticize religion.

As if religions and mythology did not exist,
    they would have no reason to post:rolleyes:

4. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

Once again u speak without thinking what does posting have to do with definition? I also only speak for myself not my fellow site members although I would love thier input.. religion philosophy science metaphysics all have an equal stance with me but none define me as well. It would do u some good if u do a little research before u post but u strike me as some one whom is more interested into quantity than substance..

5. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

Very accurately and eloquently put my friend .. at the end we are all the same substance rather indifferentiated or defined physical or mental.. peace hetep budda Christ Allah krisna all have the same meaning. Democrat republican, male female all extremes of the same entities.. hetep..

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    my thing about religion and why i would never let it define me as an individual is that
    so many religious people use their religion as a shield for their actions...
    from not taking a life saving blood transfusion(or letting their child have one) to shunning someone because they do not believe what u believe....

this world would be a wondrous and constantly elevating place if people let their actions speak for themselves
    instead of masking them behind the shroud of religion....imho

one love
    khasm

7. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    The sentiment is appreciated, but the state of things seem to indicate otherwise. If you're an adherent of a religion, it's very unlikely it's a small part of who a person is. I'm not saying that people don't have the right to believe whatever they please, but if we probed around certain subjects those beliefs become even more defining characteristics.

I think the trick is being able to suspend them.

8. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    democrat republican, male female, the polar dual nature of the universe.
    You are so right my brother. There are religious people who are good-natured and that good nature translates thru their actions. Then you have the ones who can't think on their own, they say "let me see what the bible says", they "quote" scriptures or other people, yet can't seem to create an original thought. I asked a religious guy one time how he felt about homeless people. He looked at me dumbfounded, and said "um I don't think I saw that in the bible.

People must know faith is flaky otherwise they wouldn't scream so much to defend it. If something is pure, there's no need to defend it right? It stands on it's own. They feel incomplete, something is STILL missing. That missing thing is called reality and relativity. They get in such a uproar about labeling. ABOUT LABELS. Your actions should suffice enough to prove who you are. Remember the term, I can show you better than I can tell you. But religion is backwards, it says I can tell you better than I can show you. Religion has one thing RIGHT. Humans do need a code of conduct to follow, I'm ALL for that. Peace, harmony and balance. I don't feel we need to follow a walt disney production of religion.

There are people with good nature and those that are not. Religion is NOT pure. If it were you wouldn't had priests humping on little boys for CENTURIES, if it was. Religious people it's not about what you say, what you follow, it's about how you act and what you do. Instead saying "I'm doing this in the name of.......", how about doing something because it's the RIGHT thing in the name of humanity?

People are so scared to death to open their minds, scared what they might find. The ugly TRUTH. The truth that we've ALL been bamboozled. I don't need you label. I need to know do you hurt people or help people. Do you pre-judge people based on what the "call" themselves or judge by their actions?. Last time I checked the human is ONE family. We all take food to the mouth, and bend over and when it digests is comes out the back. Until I see someone eat with their anus and defecate with their mouth, then I'll will declare that person different.

Until then we are ALL family. Let's open our hearts and open our minds, and concentrate on transforming our common enemies. Illusion, delusion, pettiness, jealousy, and ignorance.

Show me your heart and soul, not your list of "quotes".

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    no doubt...because at the end of your time in this plane of existence...ur deeds will be the only factor that can be judged....not what u believe...

one love
    khasm

10. emanuel goodman

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759