but let me strongly profess
that my kindness
is not limitless
Yes, there is a limit to my smiles
they do not extend for miles
I cannot grin through every tear
when you turn a deaf ear
and make it abundantly clear
that you ain't really trying to even hear...
me...
I can be
the most selfless
person you'd ever want to meet
applaud your success
be candy apple sweet
and I confess
I'd lay roses at your feet
even kiss them to make
you feel complete
Only God in heaven, me, and you
truly know the things that I do...
But don't...
ask me to lose my pride
because I won't
They say that pride goeth
before the fall
and after all
I have been through...
I am still willing to try
to climb the highest mountain
to get to your sky
swim the deepest ocean
no matter how wide
But I am not limitless
I cannot forfeit my pride
to be by your side...
I love you...

This is a great poem Watz. I can see your pen :cook: ing.

The more one takes the more others push the line. Stepping on hearts and wasting valuable time. But this drop will set them straight.

Your pride is your self respect. Your right, they do say pride does go before the fall, but it is possible to fall and keep it too. Even die holding on to it. This drop is proof of that fact.

Trying your patience. Trying the limits. Pushing the edges of no return. Why folks do these things? Can’t let them go to lunch, they forget the ( lesson, or rules ) limits. I like how you came with all the facts. Explained how you won’t tolerate being walked on, whacked ( tempted, tried ) drained or weakened. In the end you still showed your love. :luvv: Because pride allows one to keep their respect and esteem.

WHOA...

Pride goeth before the fall.../ I've never heard that but it truly struck a chord
because it's so raw with truth, the kind that pricks one's heart, mind and soul simultaneously

This piece is phenomenal in its message
you have this ability to write, in that it flows so smooth
but the undercurrent, the cleft beneath the stream
is absolutely tumultuous...which in itself says "there is a limit"
and all who cross this river...better know
if pushed to far, the tide could change
....but that's everyone
for if we don't have limits...we lack vision
and a man or woman who lacks a personal vision
is destine to be lost...in the aftermath of predators

mmmm...I must agree with Hodee, it's :cook:

Yes, Justbnme, forsaken pride is definitely a no no, glad you liked this, thank you.
Thank you for the love on this gempis. Everyone has their boundaries, so true poet.
Hodee I was thinking about the possibility of falling and keeping the pride too, quite a lot to take in, but one can if they have to. Without our self esteem, what do we have? Thank you brotha poet.
"if we don't have limits, we lack vision"...so true sage. And it is important to see clearly despite oneself. Thank you sage poet, your words are appreciated.
Glad you like the way this piece was posed deepy. If you don't love self, how can you truly love anyone else? Thank you deepy, always nice to "see" ya.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back