Black People Politics : I am Not Impressed with The United Nations

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by dunwiddat, Feb 23, 2013.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    UN rejects Haiti cholera claims

Thousands in Haiti died from the cholera epidemic. Now the Haitians are seeking compensation the UN is twisting their mouths what a SHAME
    :(

Photos: Cholera in Haiti - Plog - Denver Post Blogs - The homepage ...

Report: UN Peacekeepers Caused Cholera Epidemic in Haiti

With the kind of behaviour the UN is exhibiting... it shows that this agency does not have the interest of black folks at heart. Blacks died from cholera as a result of raw sewage being thrown into the rivers in Haiti by the UN troops... All I can do is SMH. The life of black people is worth NOTHING. Yet leaders of black countries from Africa to the Caribbean will be there making speeches and behave as if nothing has occurred. You can bet your last dolllar that there will be no voices of black countries who will speak out. The report showed that the UN soldiers were the ones responsible.

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,731
    Thanks for this information. I am both shocked and hurt to hear this news. If these people are affected with cholera, it came from something and if the un has been appealed to, it seems that they should provide a solid answer as to the source of the problem. What a shame. But I don't believe they will get away with ignoring those people. I'm hurt to hear this news.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Let's not paint such a bleak picture, reprieve is on the way according to the same source; our people are being represented:

[​IMG]
    Brian Concannon, Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti, explains why the UN says it is legally immune to such claims

The lawyer, Brian Concannon, said the victims' legal team would challenge the UN's right to immunity from Haitian courts, on the grounds that it had not established an alternative mechanism for dealing with accountability issues, as stipulated in its agreement with the government.

He also said lifting immunity would not challenge UN policy, which is protected by the convention, but its practice, such as how to test troops for disease and properly dispose of sewage.

UN rejects Haiti cholera claims

The background or back-drop:

New Cholera Outbreak in Haiti
    Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Oct 22, 2010.
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/new-cholera-outbreak-in-haiti.63905/#post-664285

Hatians Sue UN for their Genocidal attack of Cholera
    Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Nov 8, 2011.
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/hatians-sue-un-for-their-genocidal-attack-of-cholera.69092/

Peace In,

4. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

Don't hold your breath... I am not optimistic. Remember what happened in Somalia, where fishermen lost their livelihood as a result of toxic chemicals being dumped in the sea. The same old problem of oil companies causing problems in Nigeria. Some farmers here in Barbados are still awaiting compensation for their lands which were damaged from oil seepage. No one really cares, and the fact that the Haitian politicals leaders are so indifferent, I cannot see anything happening there. The UN has a lot of clout and I am sure their defense lawyers have their plans...I do hope that they get compensation....one other thing IF they get the compensation I would hope that it is not syphoned off.. I just am so tired of the treatment the Haitians are receiving.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Right, definitely not going to hold my breath, lol, but I am optimistic. Wish I could get word to Stevie Wonder before the concert; although Little Stevie follows the demise of African people, he may need to be educated about this. Nevertheless, I'll be watching and listening just in case he mentions the lawsuit, hoping he makes an appeal to the UN to do the right thing:

Stevie Wonder says UN Day Concert to be on TV
    Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Clyde Coger, Wednesday at 9:12 PM.

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/stevie-wonder-says-un-day-concert-to-be-on-tv.75007/

Peace In,

6. mywordsfly

mywordsfly Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    Yes, unfortunately they are willing to say "It was our fault", but apparently thousands of deaths being your fault doesn't mean you have to repay if it was an accident.

Though honestly, I think it goes WAY past common sense BECAUSE I doubt that any of those "Peacekeepers" would have disposed of all that the same way in their own country. They would have found the PERFECT place to dispose of all garbage if they were at home, but in Haiti, hey is that drinking water up stream from everyone? Perfect trash can, apparently, when you don't think you will have to deal with consequences. And lo and behold, they apparently DON'T have to deal with the consequences :(

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    The idea is a Stevie Wonder has such a great worldwide appeal, we need not ask a lot of other artistis/entertainers/etc., let alone any number of black elected officials, also to stand up for our dark skinned relations...

The real is my guess Stevie's mailbox gets flooded with such urgent appeals....

The cynic in me would merely have me blast the hypocrisy of folk crying over insurgents blasting U. N. health workers striving to wipe out other diseases elsewhere, with those efforts also reflecting somebody's politics....

Now I wouldn't dare suggest that those dark skinned relations convert to Islam, support the worldwide Jihad, but it also does lead this fella to go: Hmmm....

So, let's do recall who the major players are, and why blame those who aren't for this b. s., too?

C'mon, none of us were born 'brain dead', posters!

SMH

8. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Stevie Wonder, not only was a major artist that came to the aid of the anti apartheid struggles in South Africa, as well as lead the push for a national holiday to honor Dr. Martin Luther King , Jr., needs more schooling?!?

:10500:

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Its possible...

Peace In,

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF