Black Women : I am not as young as I used to be........

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by LB2000L, Aug 25, 2013.

1. LB2000L

LB2000L Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    I was talking to a friend on the phone and he let me know that because gravity has occurred, I don't have to wear VS anymore, he said "just go to Walmart and that is fine." How do you deal with the aging process and the physical changes that occur? My hair is not as pretty as it used to be but I do have hair and I wear wigs. I am healthy so I am grateful for that as well. I have my eyesight and can still do for myself (eat, dress myself and wash myself) and I can still exercise, I love to walk. My bust is not as perky as it used to be, I have more weight around my middle but I thank God that I love myself and that God loves me as I am. This friend hasn't seen me in 2.5 years and I admitted to him that I am not the same now as I was back then. Even so, I realize that he is not the only man out here for me and that other men are attracted to me as I am. But besides all that, women, how do you deal with the aging process that occurs as we all get older?

2. LB2000L

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    Well, my friend called a few minutes ago and I haven't talked to him because I was out. But I wonder what are the things that as women and men get older, what are the things that people continue to see as attractive in their mates/significant others as we get older?​

3. LB2000L

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    Or should I assume that men seek out younger women and women try to seek out men who are in their age group?

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i see her soul and her spirit…….

5. LB2000L

United States
    Ratings:
    +38

That is beautiful jamesfrmphilly, but some men don't see the soul and spirit in women, they see the physical characteristics and that is it. I am working on myself to make myself a better woman physically, emotionally and spiritually for me. I am not trying to compete with these younger women out here, the men can and will have them. I am working on self love, commitment to God and helping others less fortunate.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    If the above is true, you're an embodiment of Jamesfrmphilly's words about "soul and spirit." All you can do is to be true to yourself, act in a manner that allows you to sleep well at night - with or without a warm body beside you - and trust that you are living out God's plan for you.[/quote]

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Sister ... Welcome Home !!! ... :wave:

I think this would make such a great live discussion topic! Where we could actually talk about it on the air, live! I don't know if you're aware that we have this functionality now ... http://desteelive.com ... where we can all be on the line talking together and stuff ... but this is a great topic! :toast:

I think it's unfortunate that as we get older, women, the world wants to kinda write us off ... it seems.

There's an entire campaign against aging ... especially for women ... all kinds of tricks, nips, and tucks, to try and keep the inevitable from happening ... but it's a very natural and expected experience of life that should be embraced ... but in this male driven society ... where the only things that count are those that tickle their fancy ... well ... we're basically left to lick our wounds.

As far as the walmart comment goes ... that's just ugly and he wouldn't get to talk to me no more!

First of all, once gravity begins to play a part, it's more important to have a good bra!

If you aint been going to VS or some other high quality intimate wear shop, you should start!

How you gonna mistreat a pair of breasts that have given you the best they had to give, and simply throw them in the cheapest bra you can find after years of faithful service! Now is the time they need good support! Please! How many breasts does this man have, and how long has he had 'em ... ?? ... giving bra buying advice ... sending folk to walmart at dire times in a life ... :getout:

The whole world is on this tip though ... breast augmentation surgery is all the rage.

The sad thing about it though, it's not just older women ... young young young women are doing this!

Actually cutting their bodies ... for what ... so a man can get his fancy tickled quicker?! ... please ... :puke:

Aging is seen as some grotesque ugly thing, when it is a natural progression of life.

Personally ... i embrace all that i am ... all of my years ... all of the changes ... all of the progressions in my life ... i wallow in them all ... daring anyone to deny me even one second of loving me in my fullness, right now, as i am.

Far too many Sisters are trying to be, look, and act 20 again ... and it's over.

That's sadder to me, not loving where you are in life, than a breast dragging on the ground ... :lol:

No ... wait ... i didn't mean that ... wait ... that came out wrong ... :look:

But for real ... it's so wrong to me ... older women trying to be 20, competing with young women for young men ... not allowing the 20 year olds their full experience, cause the 50 and 60 year olds are at the same club all in the middle of the dance floor ... twerk'n ... and the young Sisters can't even get in! ... and yeah ... it's plenty of ol' men at the club too, waiting for those young Sisters to have one too many drinks, so they can look good to 'em ... they oughta be ashamed of their selves too (and leave those young women for the young men).

We had our day for those things ... it's now time for new things ... new experiences ... and i say let's embrace 'em!

Wait ... skuze me ... that's my breast you're stepping on ... :lol: ... :love:

If you wanna have a live show, let't do!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

8. LB2000L

United States
    Ratings:
    +38
    [/quote]

Now that I can say, I am true to myself and I treat others as I would like to be treated. I know God is in control of all things in my life and I am able to sleep with a clear conscience at night. I am still working on improving and pleasing myself though and I am content with my own company. I am learning to let go and let God guide my life.

9. LB2000L

United States
    Ratings:
    +38

Thank you Destee, it is great to be back home here on this forum, and no, I didn't know that you had live discussions here, that is great! This would make a great topic and I would be interested in some of the responses. I agree, as I am getting older, my friend is showing less interest in me and I know that it is because of the changes that are occurring in my life as I get older. Well, I agree, the right bra will help a lot but my friend does not agree. He feels a bra will not help because if a woman is naked, the bra is not on and the breasts will drag!!!! I don't know that I am embracing getting older though, I miss my strong healthy full hair and my youth. Yes, I have gone to VS in the past and I want to go now but my friend says that would be a waste of time, just go to Walmart. But I am not listening to him, I am going to do what makes me happy. I am taking care of my hair to promote growth and I am exercising and trying to eat right but I have to try much harder to see the results that I want. But I feel there is hope.

10. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

:SuN049: ROFLMAO!

....although you did give me food for thought....

Something we don't think about, but this is on the serious tip! :10200: