Black People : I am an uncivilized Afrikan man

Brother Ikoro ... i think there are many things meant to desensitize us, harden our hearts, all of that.

The thing about that process, is while it appears you can direct it toward a select group of people, it often affects all who are around you, those you love the most, just because it is inside of you. While you'll intend to use it against others, more often than not, the ones closest to you are hurt most by it.

It's good you're aware, for it allows you to resist it.

Love You and Remain Forever Encouraged.

:heart:

Destee

I'm going to chime in like a few. You are not uncivilized, I have and do feel the same way. I at one time felt as you, but came to the realization that I will react to what moves me, and that what doesn't, I won't worry about it. This bombing made me want to go to a particular site and rub it in their faces. When ever we have something big happening here in America, I know many blacks,myself included that hope the perpetrator is not black.

I would have lost money on the Beltway Sniper being white because that was all the way white behavior. So I feel the same way.

Peace!

Peace everyone, and thanks for the replies.

Alright then, I guess I'll accept this for what it is; justified callousness :D

No, seriously. I am a rational and intellectual person, I deal with the real and I deal with how I feel on a daily basis. But I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't crazy. I'm sure if I had been in town during 9/11 I'd be hella shook.

But this was no 9/11, though it was a tragedy. Too much foolishness happened those few hours between the explosion and they found out he was white.

I know I ain't wrong for this, good to get that support. Sometimes I just fear that I get to Khalid Muhammad on'em, you know what I mean? I love me some Khalid man, but I can't get any love from black or brown if I start talking too much like him. But they can't stop a Brother from thinking.

Thank you James, largo, anAfrican, Ankhur and Destee - I needed all that input.

Meaningful validation ya'll!

One,

- Ikoro

Y
Peace everyone, and thanks for the replies.

Alright then, I guess I'll accept this for what it is; justified callousness :D

No, seriously. I am a rational and intellectual person, I deal with the real and I deal with how I feel on a daily basis. But I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't crazy. I'm sure if I had been in town during 9/11 I'd be hella shook.

But this was no 9/11, though it was a tragedy. Too much foolishness happened those few hours between the explosion and they found out he was white.

I know I ain't wrong for this, good to get that support. Sometimes I just fear that I get to Khalid Muhammad on'em, you know what I mean? I love me some Khalid man, but I can't get any love from black or brown if I start talking too much like him. But they can't stop a Brother from thinking.

Thank you James, largo, anAfrican, Ankhur and Destee - I needed all that input.

Meaningful validation ya'll!

One,

- Ikoro

You know what Brother Ikoro ... i think many a Black Man has been taken advantage of, his anger, frustration, disgust, at the system, condition of his people, and perceived helplessness in it all ... encouraged to do the wrong thing, because he's become so desensitized by it all. There are people that would use this moment in your life, and try to funnel it in ways that helps them, but hurts you and your Family. You'd end up locked up in prison, or dead, acting on this, and your Family would forever mourn your loss ... while the 'conintelpro' type people find another frustrated Black Man and do it all over again.

Yep ... i believe that with my whole heart ... so you be careful.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

But thing is, I'm not sure. I'm at odds with myself. So I'll rant a little bit here and hopefully you can pitch in.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Brother Ikoro,

Based on the time of the first post into the thread, I could have easily been the first to reply; but knew after reading the title that whatever it was, you were okay. Reading this only confirms my belief, largely centered around our first encounter here at Destee.com...Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back