Black People : i always feel like somebody's watching me

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, Nov 4, 2011.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    (well, they say they are watching other countries, but english language users would be even easier to keep follow, eh?)

CIA following Twitter, Facebook

Originally printed at http://www.komonews.com/news/tech/133248663.html
    By KIMBERLY DOZIER,AP Intelligence Writer November 4, 2011

McLEAN, Va. (AP) — In an anonymous industrial park in Virginia, in an unassuming brick building, the CIA is following tweets — up to 5 million a day.

At the agency's Open Source Center, a team known affectionately as the "vengeful librarians" also pores over Facebook, newspapers, TV news channels, local radio stations, Internet chat rooms — anything overseas that anyone can access and contribute to openly.

From Arabic to Mandarin Chinese, from an angry tweet to a thoughtful blog, the analysts gather the information, often in native tongue. They cross-reference it with the local newspaper or a clandestinely intercepted phone conversation. From there, they build a picture sought by the highest levels at the White House, giving a real-time peek, for example, at the mood of a region after the Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden or perhaps a prediction of which Mideast nation seems ripe for revolt.

Yes, they saw the uprising in Egypt coming; they just didn't know exactly when revolution might hit, said the center's director, Doug Naquin.

The center already had "predicted that social media in places like Egypt could be a game-changer and a threat to the regime," he said in a recent interview with The Associated Press at the center. CIA officials said it was the first such visit by a reporter the agency has ever granted.

The CIA facility was set up in response to a recommendation by the 9/11 Commission, with its first priority to focus on counterterrorism and counterproliferation. But its several hundred analysts — the actual number is classified — track a broad range, from Chinese Internet access to the mood on the street in Pakistan. [continues]

2. Mikha'el

Mikha'el Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +246
    Ohh best believe uncle sam is watching

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Yeah .. they been watching ... for like a gazillion years i think ... :)

In fact, i heard that we're all recorded on video some humongous number of times a day, just living normal!

Thanks for Sharing!

:heart:

Destee

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    At sight of human life from the womb , everyone was watched and kept track of
    i'm not surprised because every movement as countered for and kept in a data base
    nothing is a secret not even your own thoughts as stated it's all broken down reversed
    and translated into a term .........

Just becareful what one say and do openly and what type of movement one enters into
    build and or create because your watched !