Black People : Hypocrites, Addicts and Haters

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I have a personal belief that we are all hypocrites, addicts and haters?

Do you agree?

Blackbird

2. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    The only thing I hate is a lie and the only thing I am addicted to at this point in time is Destee.com...

Now am I a hypocrite? I Got to think on that one. :laugh:

Astrologer4U

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Thanks Sister. I appreciate your candor and bravery. I would like to hear other people's responses as well.

Blackbird

4. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    If you can show me a person that is not a hypocrite, an addict, or a hater, I'll show you a person that never existed.

5. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

hahahaha

Do hypocrites come in different forms? If so, does this mean there is an exception to negative form of hypocrasy?

Do addicts come in different forms? If so, does this mean there is an exception. If so, does this mean there is an exception to the negative form of an addict?

Do haters come in different forms? If so, does this mean there is an exception to the negative form of haters?

I don't hate on my people but I hate and despise a lie.

I have been addicted to a man, but at this present time, I am addicted to Destee.com :laugh:

I said I had to think about being a hypocrite due to the fact that. The definition of a hypocrite is subject to change. Hypocrite in my opinion is an evolution process. One can be a hypocrite today, but not tomorrow. What you agree with today, through experience you may not agree with tomorrow. If you are honest that you have a change in opinion because your choice was rather impulsive, bias, and prejudged, does that make you a hypocrite?

What exactly is a hypocrite? In my opinion, a hypocrite is someone full of contradictions. Someone who really doesn't have a grounded argument. However, in the above paragraph, you can see that there can be a loop hole for hypocrites.

Astrologer4U

6. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    A hypocrite doesn't have to be "full of contradictions". Doing anything contradictory to something you've said or done, is being hypocritical. It doesn't have to happen often, just one time.

7. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    Hi Blackbird...

I can own up to being a hypocrite at one time or another and even an addict(cigarettes) in the past, but I can’t claim the hater tip.

But to answer the question... to some degree yes.

MaddSistahlyLove!
    Coco:heart:

8. free2b_me

free2b_me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    I CAN AGREE ON HYPOCRITES,ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT IF I DONT HAVE A STRONG CONSTITUTION ABOUT SOMETHING, DEPENDING ON HOW THE WIND IS BLOWIN I MIGHT BE SWAYED TO THE OTHER SIDE AFTER I PREACHED AGAINST IT.

IM NOT A HATER OF ANYONE, BECAUSE I FEEL THAT I HAVE THE SAME ABILITY TO DO ANYTHING I SET MIND TO, TO DO OR HAVE. SO WHY HATE ON OTHER'S?(that might be a hypocrite statement:))lol BUT SERIOUSLY, I'M ALWAYS HAPPY WHEN GOOD THINGS HAPPENS FOR OTHERS..

NOW, THE ADDICTION PART WELL, WE ALREADY KNOW THAT I'M ADDICTED TO DESTEE.COM AND JUST ABOUT ANYTHING THAT FEELS GOOD AND TASTES GOOD;). IM ADDICTED TO LIFE, KNOWLEDGE AND LOVE:hearts4:

9. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

What you are saying is, for example: If someone say's something like, I don't think spanking children is a good idea. Then they turn around and spank their children becuase their children maybe needed to be spanked etc.

Does that make the one who spanked the child a hypocrite? I have seen many instances like this before where a person say's something but their action shows that they are not practicing what they preach. I think in many cases, people like what I described impulsively speak out, not realizing that their opinion is based on say, not liking the fact that they, themself were spanked as a child. Any way, at some point, they realize that their opinion was premature and self involved, not being able to see the big picture. Can't see the forest for the trees. If they can admit to that, you still would call them a hypocrite?

Astrologer4U

10. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Yep a hypocrite is a hypocrite regardless to whom or what. Everyone has done something hypocritical. That doesn't make them a bad person or untrustworthy. It simply makes them human.