Black People : Hypocrisy is part of Human Nature

Oh no, it's not the answer. Sister D, this is just a personal sentiment of mine. I am still young, but in my 38 years of living, I never met one person who was not hypocritical in some way. I generally tell people that I think we are all hypocrites, haters and addicts. As humans, we all have emotions. It is these emotions that predispose us to hypocritical behavior.

Being hypocritical doesn't mean we are lacking in genuineness and authenticity - it just means we are human.

An example: A guy tells a friend that the friend's brother had sex with his (the guy telling) wife. The friend's response is "Oh I am so sorry. That is not cool but remain calm."

Now imagine the guy telling the friend that his brother had sex with the friend's wife. The friend's response is "I am going to kill that you know what."

Of this is hypothetical, but I have noticed a consistency for a person to give various response or act in different ways depending on the circumstances. This is pedicated by our emotional attachment or perceived vested interest related to the situation.

I have to agree with Destee on this because you are far reaching. There are various different degrees of character amongst human beings, far too variant for your statement to be true. What you're doing is giving true hypocrites a good defense, for they will say, well everyone is a hypocrite so why point out my hypocrisy? Some elders drink and smoke cigarettes and some don't and have never done any drugs or alcohol. Just look at your elders, some have lived good all of their lives, some have done wrong but repented and are examples of good character, some are fools and continue to sin greatly and some have a few flaws but are generally good. Some elders curse and swear a lot and some never use any gutter language at all. Looking at your elders, those who are almost at the end of the journey of life is where you should be making your assessments. Looking at your mates or peer group it may be truth that some if not most are hypocrites because most young people are still learning. Wisdom takes a while to develop, good character is the producer of true character, keep staying with the right thing and it will become you and then others will say that is the true you.

A very interesting Perspective!
I have to agree with Destee on this because you are far reaching. There are various different degrees of character amongst human beings, far too variant for your statement to be true.

What you're doing is giving true hypocrites a good defense, for they will say, well everyone is a hypocrite so why point out my hypocrisy?

Some elders drink and smoke cigarettes and some don't and have never done any drugs or alcohol. Just look at your elders, some have lived good all of their lives, some have done wrong but repented and are examples of good character, some are fools and continue to sin greatly and some have a few flaws but are generally good.

Some elders curse and swear a lot and some never use any gutter language at all.

Looking at your elders, those who are almost at the end of the journey of life is where you should be making your assessments.

Looking at your mates or peer group it may be truth that some if not most are hypocrites because most young people are still learning.

Wisdom takes a while to develop, good character is the producer of true character, keep staying with the right thing and it will become you and then others will say that is the true you.​
All of which is very true, however wouldn’t you agree that though hypocrisy on an individual level can be viewed as a character flaw; isn’t the real cutting edge of this thread’s title a somewhat bizarre attempt to universalize one of the European collective’s culture’s most maliciously EVIL weapons/conscious hypocrisy with regard to their ongoing crimes against humanity in general, the peoples of African ethnicity specifically, as merely the human condition as opposed to just THEIR’S?

Marimba Ani described this phenomenon in her book Yurugu – An African centred critique of European cultural thought and Behaviour as European Culure’s having a RHETORICAL ETHICS BASE especially when relating to the “Cultural other/non-white ethnic clans"; as very spectacularly highlighted by the Native American lament with regard to “Whiteman speaking with forked tongue”; whereby peaceful rhetoric/a peace treaty disarms dangerous hostiles whose word is their bond, whereas for whites [with hypocrisy as such an integral part of their ethos/asili] wasn’t the peace treaty ALWAYS a tool that merely made you easier to conquer/subjugate?

What about the fact that in European culture cruelty to animals has never ever been viewed as acceptable behaviour, yet THEY had no problem enslaving our African ancestors [and their tortured mutilated and murdered siblings who were treated worse than animals as standard so as to either destroy those who refused to be broken, or to traumatize the rest of us into total subservience] which was all legally sanctioned by both their church and state for over 250 years wasn’t it; with even their racism/eugenics/cultural Darwinism attempt to classify us as a Sub species of humanity still in no rational manner explaining the so sadistic brutality of their onslaught on non-whites in general, our African ancestors specifically, how exactly apart from conscious HYPOCRISY?
Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Last edited:
The way I see it we are all hypocrites. Now be merry for we will all die.
Why would YOU or anyone of African ethnicity make this statement universalizing hypocrisy as the human condition as opposed to the fact that it probably the most toxic poison/contaminant/residue from the ongoing European onslaught of over 2000 years duration on non-whites in general, the peoples of African ethnicity specifically?

Have you ever heard of or read “The Iceman Inheritance" by Michael Bradley; which is promoting a hypothesis that utilizes having to survive harsh Artic winters/the last ice age as the catalyst that forged the maliciously evil malice into the European collective’s ethos/asili?

However isn’t that rationale/perspective’s relevance completely dismantled by how the Eskimo peoples can and still do live in an environment just as extremely cold and dangerous as Europe was even during the Ice Ages in a holistic spiritually attuned to the environment manner; in stark contrast to savage predatory behaviour/barbarity that is STILL an integral part of the European collective’s psyche/ethos/asili [despite their mass media’s benevolent humanitarian hype] TODAY?

In fact isn’t this GRIEF compounded by their CONCEIT with regard to consistently universalizing their so appalling behaviour as the human condition [as opposed to just theirs] along with their so delusional Platonic GARBAGE re the so fundamentally flawed/warped concept of OBJECTIVITY, in that where or how would it be possible for any human being to be born into and live in the so bizarre socio/economic/cultural vacuum necessary to make true objectivity about anything, even marginally feasible?

Can you tell us exactly who or what apart from Lucifer and his lackeys the British and other European colonists/Christians were praying to as they eradicated most of the indigenous people of Newfoundland, vast areas of the Americas, and ALL of the Tasmanians in order to steal their land/sovereignty; while also overrunning Australia's Aboriginals and New Zealand's Maoris into being a 25-100:1 powerless minority in THEIR homeland?

When you add instigating and orchestrating the ongoing African HOLOCAUST by enslaving and extorting the free labour of my African ancestors and their tortured, mutilated and murdered siblings [for over 300 years and other Crimes against Humanity for which there has been no apology or reparation to date] in the USA and the rest of the Diaspora, while carving Africa into unreal countries still trying/but failing to become intelligently functional TODAY during the colonial debacle that followed slavery, isn’t this thread’s theme a fundamentally flawed attempt to either deny or universalize their ongoing despicably cowardly, maliciously EVIL WAR on non-whites in general, the peoples of African ethnicity specifically, in the 21st century?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back