Black People : Hypocrisy is part of Human Nature

Nah, I don't believe all are hypocrites.

Have most been hypocritical at some point in their life? Yes.

But by definition, a hypocrite is one who indulges in hypocrisy. I don't believe that describes everyone.

By the way, what do you consider a "hater"? Because I hate no one. And what do you consider an addict? Because I can't say I'm particularly addicted to any one thing.

You're using hypothetical situations as a basis for your far-reaching claim that everyone is a hypocrite.

It's difficult to take that seriously ... though serious merit regarding your claim may not be the goal.

It's all good in the hood. Thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

First off, Sister D, you know Blackbird, I go for shock value. I will admit I used a poor choice of words but I was piggy backing off a member's use of hypocritical behavior. I know hypocrite is a strong term, very charged and often used as a condemnation. I admit my error in this.

I will say that my short years on earth has poignantly illustrated the contradictory behavior of humans. Rarely is any of us consistent in thought and behavior 100% of the time. The reason for this in my mind is due to the fact we are emotional beings. Some people would say we should rise above emotions or not allow them to influence us so heavily; however, the way I see it is emotions are what makes us human. If we consistently used logic and rational thought at the expense of emotions, we would cease to be organic beings and our existence would be tantamount to that of robots that have no emotion.

So I apologize for my poor wording as I can see it hindered the facilitation of clarity and took away from the message I was really trying to convey. That was a rookie mistake and irresponsible. Yet, if I didn't pursue shock value, my online personality of Blackbird would be lacking a significant element that makes it unique.

Brought to you by Blackbird, the irrational rational, contrary extraordinaire.

Nah, I don't believe all are hypocrites.

Have most been hypocritical at some point in their life? Yes.

But by definition, a hypocrite is one who indulges in hypocrisy. I don't believe that describes everyone.

By the way, what do you consider a "hater"? Because I hate no one. And what do you consider an addict? Because I can't say I'm particularly addicted to any one thing.

There is something we all hate. According to your bible, even god hates. He hated Esau.

Addict... we do some things to a very great degree. Perhaps not pathological but there are things we do to maintain sanity, escape or for pure pleasure.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back