Black People : Hypocrisy is part of Human Nature

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    The way I see it we are all hypocrites. Now be merry for we will all die.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    yo, get some rest.....

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Is this your answer to my question?

hmmm ... okay

:heart:

Destee

4. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Oh no, it's not the answer. Sister D, this is just a personal sentiment of mine. I am still young, but in my 38 years of living, I never met one person who was not hypocritical in some way. I generally tell people that I think we are all hypocrites, haters and addicts. As humans, we all have emotions. It is these emotions that predispose us to hypocritical behavior.

Being hypocritical doesn't mean we are lacking in genuineness and authenticity - it just means we are human.

An example: A guy tells a friend that the friend's brother had sex with his (the guy telling) wife. The friend's response is "Oh I am so sorry. That is not cool but remain calm."

Now imagine the guy telling the friend that his brother had sex with the friend's wife. The friend's response is "I am going to kill that you know what."

Of this is hypothetical, but I have noticed a consistency for a person to give various response or act in different ways depending on the circumstances. This is pedicated by our emotional attachment or perceived vested interest related to the situation.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

You're using hypothetical situations as a basis for your far-reaching claim that everyone is a hypocrite.

It's difficult to take that seriously ... though serious merit regarding your claim may not be the goal.

It's all good in the hood. Thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Nah, I don't believe all are hypocrites.

Have most been hypocritical at some point in their life? Yes.

But by definition, a hypocrite is one who indulges in hypocrisy. I don't believe that describes everyone.

By the way, what do you consider a "hater"? Because I hate no one. And what do you consider an addict? Because I can't say I'm particularly addicted to any one thing.

7. novek

novek Active Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +36
    I don't agree with use of the term "human nature". Seems like a crutch for justifications.

8. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    First off, Sister D, you know Blackbird, I go for shock value. I will admit I used a poor choice of words but I was piggy backing off a member's use of hypocritical behavior. I know hypocrite is a strong term, very charged and often used as a condemnation. I admit my error in this.

I will say that my short years on earth has poignantly illustrated the contradictory behavior of humans. Rarely is any of us consistent in thought and behavior 100% of the time. The reason for this in my mind is due to the fact we are emotional beings. Some people would say we should rise above emotions or not allow them to influence us so heavily; however, the way I see it is emotions are what makes us human. If we consistently used logic and rational thought at the expense of emotions, we would cease to be organic beings and our existence would be tantamount to that of robots that have no emotion.

So I apologize for my poor wording as I can see it hindered the facilitation of clarity and took away from the message I was really trying to convey. That was a rookie mistake and irresponsible. Yet, if I didn't pursue shock value, my online personality of Blackbird would be lacking a significant element that makes it unique.

Brought to you by Blackbird, the irrational rational, contrary extraordinaire.

9. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Nope. Not a cop out or not a crutch for justifications, just an observation.

10. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    There is something we all hate. According to your bible, even god hates. He hated Esau.

Addict... we do some things to a very great degree. Perhaps not pathological but there are things we do to maintain sanity, escape or for pure pleasure.