Black People : Hurricanes And Slave Ships - Is There a Connection

river said:
You've raised an important point brotha Isaiah. It wasn't the ancestor driven hurricane that destroyed New Orleans. It was the levee which they knew was a calamity waiting to happen.

It may be that the media just used the hurricane to cover up what was totally due to humane negligence if not malice.

What's Happening, Sister River...

Yes, that was the report, as I recall, that Mama Katrina was all set to spank some behind, and then she thought the better of it, and blew on through Biloxi and Gulfport(smile!) Which now actually may give some credence to what the writer and yourself have proposed, because most of those impacted in Da Magnolia were White Folks, to my knowledge...

I just did a post on Remembering this event, and not letting drift from our memories as we've done in the past... This was our wake up, and it is meant that we stay awoke... Remember the song, it wont be water, but FIRE NEXT TIME???

Finally, I BELIEVE now more than ever that those LEVEES were tampered with - period... MY "spider senses" just keep telling me so, ya know??? Time will tell, as Malcolm usta say...

Peace!
Isaiah

Peace!
ISAIAH

The all seeing EYE of Isaiah lQQks into the future

Isaiah said:
What's Happening, Sister River...

Yes, that was the report, as I recall, that Mama Katrina was all set to spank some behind, and then she thought the better of it, and blew on through Biloxi and Gulfport(smile!) Which now actually may give some credence to what the writer and yourself have proposed, because most of those impacted in Da Magnolia were White Folks, to my knowledge...

I just did a post on Remembering this event, and not letting drift from our memories as we've done in the past... This was our wake up, and it is meant that we stay awoke... Remember the song, it wont be water, but FIRE NEXT TIME???

Finally, I BELIEVE now more than ever that those LEVEES were tampered with - period... MY "spider senses" just keep telling me so, ya know??? Time will tell, as Malcolm usta say...

Peace!
Isaiah

Peace!
ISAIAH

I wonder if that might not be prophetic. Again they are trying to build their economy on our misery. And again they have left the spirits of those they murdered in the wake of their activities. Of course they will fortify the levee and build fflood protection. So maybe it will have to be the fire next time.

That's the thing about our white enemies--as devious and all powerful as they may seem they weave their destruction into their own plans.

More power to the ancestors!

river said:
I wonder if that might not be prophetic. Again they are trying to build their economy on our misery. And again they have left the spirits of those they murdered in the wake of their activities. Of course they will fortify the levee and build fflood protection. So maybe it will have to be the fire next time.

That's the thing about our white enemies--as devious and all powerful as they may seem they weave their destruction into their own plans.

More power to the ancestors!

Advanced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experts say Louisiana levees should have held: Post Wed Sep 21,12:51 AM ET

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Hurricane experts said Hurricane Katrina's storm surges were smaller than authorities have suggested and that poor design, faulty construction or a combination of the two were to blame for the failure of New Orleans' flood-protection system, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

Scientists and engineers at Louisiana State University's Hurricane Center -- with the help of computer models and visual evidence -- concluded the levee system should have been sufficient to keep most of the city dry.

They also said Katrina's storm surges did not come close to going over the floodwalls, contradicting statements from the Army Corps of Engineers, which has said the surges sent water from Lake Pontchartrain over the top of the concrete walls.

"This should not have been a big deal for these floodwalls," said oceanographer G. Paul Kemp, a hurricane expert who runs LSU's Natural Systems Modeling Laboratory. "It should have been a modest challenge. There's no way this should have exceeded the capacity."

Ivor van Heerden, the Hurricane Center's deputy director, said the real scandal of Katrina is the "catastrophic structural failure" of barriers that should have handled the hurricane with relative ease.

"We are absolutely convinced that those floodwalls were never overtopped," the newspaper quoted van Heerden saying.

The Post said the center's researchers said it is too early to say whether the breaches were caused by poor design, faulty construction or some combination. But van Heerden said the floodwalls at issue -- massive concrete slabs mounted on steel sheet pilings -- looked similar to the sound barriers found on major highways, the Post said.

Corps spokesman Paul Johnston told the Post the agency believes storm surges sent water flowing over the floodwalls and undermined the earthen levees they sat upon, creating the breaches. Johnston said the Corps would investigate to ensure that scenario is correct.

The Corps has said that Katrina, a Category 4 storm, was too massive for a levee system not intended to protect the city from a storm greater than a Category 3 hurricane.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050921...A2EjDOSl7MF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b2NibDltBHNlYwM3MTY-

Peace!
Isaiah

The U.S. Army Corps Of Engineers has been so historically corrupt that the infamous Jewish accountant for the Italian Mafia Meyer Lansky used it's command structure as his business model for The National Crime Syndicate which eventually held global power and influence. It was so insidious and purposely convoluted even the IRS couldn't decode his books. If the USACOE says it's a sunny day, the Senate Oversight Committees and other Government watchdogs reach for their umbrellas. The NOLA Levees were not tampered with, like levees and other types of construction projects under their control all over America were constructed by incompetent men without conscience using outdated construction techniques with inferior materials that didn't meet national codes and standards approved by well paid corrupt inspectors who for the most part never even knew where the sites they approved actually were. Hurricane Katrina's tragic aftermath was due to a vast number of inept, racist, greedy, corruptible and fraudulent reasons and the USACOE played a huge part, before, during and long after the resultant and senseless deaths were no longer front page news.

For those who know nothing of this true combined Military/Industrial Complex under the guise of a legal "for profit" Federalized Military Component.

www.usace.army.mil

https://www.usa.gov/federal-agencies/u-s-army-corps-of-engineers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Corps_of_Engineers

Black America: Meet the Devil.

www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/18/louisiana.katrina.lawsuit/index.html

www.motherjones.com/environment/2007/08/broken-army-corps-engineers/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back