Black Spirituality Religion : Hurricanes and Black Suffering

mrron said:
Ray Nagin, mayor of New Orleans spoke at the Essence festival earlier this month. My opinion of what happened in New Orleans is completely different from most of the writer's here, but then I have inside information. Anyway, in reference to New Orleans becoming a predominant white city, let me say this. According to the mayor, land is available in New Orleans to the general public for 50% of it's appraised value. Anyone interested can get their own appraiser and purchase property there. If black folks don't buy any, then guess who will? Talk is real cheap, let's see some action.

"Talk is real cheap, let's see some action."

By that, it must mean you have already invested. Personally, I decided to invest in another market and no longer have any family that i know of in the area.

cursed heart said:
Feeel free to explain if you'd like to.
I'm trying hard to have an open mind about this.:kiss1:

Ok...i may be away for awhile so let me say this...the chez vodun is a "living museum" combined with a restaurant and bookstore....it is a spiritual center...as a male, my masculine energy is unbalanced and out of harmony with the female principle. since it was a strong, female (and by strong i'm speaking of my aun't SPIRITUAL POWER) who introduced me to the "occult" her passing affected my spiritual FORCE....therefore, i believe that i can only enter such a place to draw upon the positive nature of the feminine power if accompanied by a "like force". a close family member or friend that has a similar "life force". the only two women i KNOW who have similar energy are 1) my daughter and 2) my ex-wife. however, even though we have talked the past two years of making that "pilgrimage" to NOLA other circumstances have not allowed us to. the bottomline with me is that the spiritual force from my father's mother's side of the family is stronger than my mother's side.

the interesting thing is that dr. coulter, to last word, moved to atlanta, which is where my daughter and ex live, which is also where my Queen Mother (Ancestress) Louisa resided when her eldest born daughter, my great-great-grandmother was born.

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. Think about it. My daughter is the last born of the first born sons in my family line. And she lieves where the first born first gave birth...

the same place where "massa" had a plantation home which is still standing!

the point is i already have a strong connection to my ancestors and "my seed" is part of that covering so i have no need for a spiritual reading or a "medium" to open up for me that which has long been established. therefore, i can not open myself up to forces which may be contrary (or adversary)to my ancestral spirits..

hope thats helps and sorry if it all sounds confusing...again, its difficult to explain.

omowalejabali said:
Ok...i may be away for awhile so let me say this...the chez vodun is a "living museum" combined with a restaurant and bookstore....it is a spiritual center...as a male, my masculine energy is unbalanced and out of harmony with the female principle. since it was a strong, female (and by strong i'm speaking of my aun't SPIRITUAL POWER) who introduced me to the "occult" her passing affected my spiritual FORCE....therefore, i believe that i can only enter such a place to draw upon the positive nature of the feminine power if accompanied by a "like force". a close family member or friend that has a similar "life force". the only two women i KNOW who have similar energy are 1) my daughter and 2) my ex-wife. however, even though we have talked the past two years of making that "pilgrimage" to NOLA other circumstances have not allowed us to. the bottomline with me is that the spiritual force from my father's mother's side of the family is stronger than my mother's side.

the interesting thing is that dr. coulter, to last word, moved to atlanta, which is where my daughter and ex live, which is also where my Queen Mother (Ancestress) Louisa resided when her eldest born daughter, my great-great-grandmother was born.

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. Think about it. My daughter is the last born of the first born sons in my family line. And she lieves where the first born first gave birth...

the same place where "massa" had a plantation home which is still standing!

the point is i already have a strong connection to my ancestors and "my seed" is part of that covering so i have no need for a spiritual reading or a "medium" to open up for me that which has long been established. therefore, i can not open myself up to forces which may be contrary (or adversary)to my ancestral spirits..

hope thats helps and sorry if it all sounds confusing...again, its difficult to explain.

Thank you I understood perfectly!:spinstar:

All that sounds fine and dandy when you have money. There are too many who have roots that can't afford to pay the high cost to be able to take advantage of the 50%. It's all a trick anyway, but you ain't heard that from me. They don't want them to get the land (back). I hear EVERYDAY of my people trying to get to first base and it's already almost a year since this took place. There are stipulations, the insurance ALONE is one of the main problems. They demand that you have insurance, insurance went up. They make you pay it back like tomorrow, and most don't even have a permanent residence, and if you don't pay you go to jail. I mean it's ridiculous! It's not easy as you may think. You have to think about their means as well, and most don't have it, let alone had it to start out with.
Sorry if this sounds crazy, trying to clock out and head into traffic!

mrron said:
Ray Nagin, mayor of New Orleans spoke at the Essence festival earlier this month. My opinion of what happened in New Orleans is completely different from most of the writer's here, but then I have inside information. Anyway, in reference to New Orleans becoming a predominant white city, let me say this. According to the mayor, land is available in New Orleans to the general public for 50% of it's appraised value. Anyone interested can get their own appraiser and purchase property there. If black folks don't buy any, then guess who will? Talk is real cheap, let's see some action.

VirgoMistress said:
All that sounds fine and dandy when you have money. There are too many who have roots that can't afford to pay the high cost to be able to take advantage of the 50%. It's all a trick anyway, but you ain't heard that from me. They don't want them to get the land (back). I hear EVERYDAY of my people trying to get to first base and it's already almost a year since this took place. There are stipulations, the insurance ALONE is one of the main problems. They demand that you have insurance, insurance went up. They make you pay it back like tomorrow, and most don't even have a permanent residence, and if you don't pay you go to jail. I mean it's ridiculous! It's not easy as you may think. You have to think about their means as well, and most don't have it, let alone had it to start out with.
Sorry if this sounds crazy, trying to clock out and head into traffic!

Sister, it doesnt sound crazy to me! I have a cousin who was born and raised in NOLA that moved to New Mexico 18 years ago. I spoke to him about this last year and his belief was the the hurricane was the best thing to happen for NOLA because the city was dirty, crime ridden with a very large unemployed sector. A lot of black folks going nowhere except to the pen and the grave.

A little while back I was reading Forbes or Money magazine where it ranked the top 100 places to live in amerikkka. albequerque was at the top of the list.

I have no argument for cousin Doug after reading that one!

Fact is a lot of Black folks have found beeter housing and job situations in Dallas, Port Arthur, Houston, Atlanta, Shreveport, Oklahoma City, Los Angeles, Orlando, etc. Personally, last year I was planning on going there but folks ended up coming up north where i'm at. Why then should I uproot again and go where I no longer have any family that I know of??!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Savarnas Beauty Spa
It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Back