Black People : Hurricane Sandy on verge of New Jersey landfall

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Is this HAARP Family? Is this a conspiracy ensuring re-election of the President, or what?

[​IMG]
    The skyline of New York's Lower Manhattan and One World Trade Center are seen while people pull their luggage at Waterfront in New Jersey, October 28, 2012. Tens of millions of East Coast residents scrambled on Sunday to prepare for Hurricane Sandy, which could make landfall as the largest storm to hit the United States, bringing battering winds, flooding and even heavy snow. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENVIRONMENT DISASTER)

Hurricane Sandy on verge of New Jersey landfall

NEW YORK/REHOBOTH BEACH, Delaware (Reuters) - Hurricane Sandy, one of the biggest storms ever to hit the United States, lashed the densely populated East Coast on Monday, shutting down transportation, forcing evacuations in flood-prone areas and interrupting the presidential campaign.
    Fierce winds and flooding racked hundreds of miles of Atlantic coastline and heavy snows were forecast farther inland at higher elevations as the center of the storm moves ashore along the coast of southern New Jersey or Delaware on Monday evening.
    http://news.yahoo.com/evacuations-shutdowns-east-coast-storm-004900195.html

Peace In,

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

I have a friend in New Jersey and her family, also friends in Maryland, my ex has relatives in New York. I do pray for them that they will be safe. Wish all the folks here all the best and pray for their safety and that of their families. This hurricane is a ferocious one.. Barbados was not in its path and for that I am grateful. Life is so funny, that when something like this is occurring, the things that we think that are so important are not that important anymore. Folks are concerned about their personal safety, that of their loved ones. Even if a home is destroyed and the lives are saved...we prefer that. In times like these we become more aware of what IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Well, so much for partisanship and big government... smh, my how things change:

Gov. Christie Praises President Obama

One of Mitt Romney's biggest supporters, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, had nothing but praise forPresident Barack Obama today, as his state prepares to rebuild from the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy.
    "I have to say, the administration, the president, himself and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate have been outstanding with us so far," Christie said on Good Morning America. "We have a great partnership with them."
    http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...ident-obama-124558550--abc-news-politics.html

[​IMG]
    Associated Press/Charles Sykes - A parking lot full of yellow cabs is flooded as a result of superstorm Sandy on Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012 in Hoboken, NJ. (AP Photo/Charles Sykes)

Peace In,