Black People : Hurricane Katrina anniversary

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Its getting worst and worst Family, glad we have a caring President in the White House this time around...

By 8 p.m. about 1,500 people had been evacuated, most to a nearby church being used as a temporary shelter, and Gov. Bobby Jindal's office said up to another 1,500 more were expected to leave their homes.

3ff5a0985bdbad18190f6a7067007148.jpg

Associated Press/David J. Phillip - Chuck Cropp, center, his son Piers, left, and wife Liz, right, wade through floodwaters from Hurricane Isaac Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012, in New Orleans. As Isaac made landfall,

Isaac's rising water forces more people from homes

LAPLACE, La. (AP) — The state sent scores of buses and dozens of high-water vehicles to help evacuate about 3,000 people from St. John the Baptist Parish after Tropical Storm Isaac pushed water from lakes Pontchartrain and Maurepas into parts of LaPlace.
Rising water closed off all main thoroughfares into the parish, which is about 30 miles west of New Orleans. In many areas, water lapped up against houses and left cars stranded. The water was being driven higher by south winds as Isaac passed to the west and was expected to continue rising through the night.
http://news.yahoo.com/isaacs-rising-water-forces-more-people-homes-015629079.html

Peace In,

... The plot continues to thicken Family:

Beyond Wind & Rain: Isaac Could Stir Up Oil

2012-08-29T183037Z_1021886680_GM1E88U06X101_RTRMADP_3_STORM-ISAAC.JPG

A man and a woman walk through flood waters on St. Roch ave. as Hurricane Isaac makes land fall in New Orleans, Louisiana August 29, 2012. The two were trying to reach a local gas station to retrieve supplies

"After danger to humans has passed and field teams can get into the field, samples of oil that has been exposed will be taken," Regalado told OurAmazingPlanet. If chemical analysis finds that the oil was from the Deepwater Horizon, BP may be required to clean up the oil, she added.
http://news.yahoo.com/beyond-wind-rain-isaac-could-stir-oil-232333929.html

Louisiana Father-Son Team Rescues 120 From Flooding

"We rescued a lot of people, saw a lot of things you never thought you'd see," the older Shaffer told ABC News, beginning to cry.
Each Shaffer controlled a boat, in which the pair saved a combined 120 people in 12 hours, as well as animals.
http://news.yahoo.com/louisiana-fat...-flooding-223023752--abc-news-topstories.html

Peace In,

3d8191897607c718190f6a706700f2ae.jpg

Milton is taken by boat from a flooded neighborhood, Thursday, Aug. 30, 2012, in Reserve, La. Isaac soaked Louisiana for yet another day and pushed more water into neighborhoods all around the city, flooding homes and forcing last-minute evacuations and rescues. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)

No water, no power means days of misery for La.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Isaac crawled into the nation's midsection early Friday, leaving a soggy mess in Louisiana. Neighborhoods were underwater, and many homes that stayed dry didn't have lights, air conditioning or clean water.
It will be a few days before the soupy brown water recedes and people forced out of flooded neighborhoods can return home.
http://news.yahoo.com/no-water-no-power-means-days-misery-la-072436522.html

Peace In,

Hi Clyde Coger, I'm new to destee and Louisiana native. It was our own politicians that jacked us up during Katrina. I'm not excusing the President Bush but we have some of the most crooked politicians in the United States. President Obama and Governor Jindal (I'm not a fan of him either) were more prepared for this storm. However there are still a lot of people without today and the President needs to declare the rest of our Parishes a disaster so people can start to rebuild again. Thanks for bringing attention to the devastati
on that Issac brought.

Hi Clyde Coger, I'm new to destee and Louisiana native. It was our own politicians that jacked us up during Katrina. I'm not excusing the President Bush but we have some of the most crooked politicians in the United States. President Obama and Governor Jindal (I'm not a fan of him either) were more prepared for this storm. However there are still a lot of people without today and the President needs to declare the rest of our Parishes a disaster so people can start to rebuild again. Thanks for bringing attention to the devastati
on that Issac brought.

... Hello trying to find my way, yvw(you are very welcome)... We're glad to have you join us here, and thanks for giving us the (skinny) on your State... no one knows better than an insider. Hopefully, Mr. Obama will make that declaration; he'd be hard pressed not to, in my opinion.

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back