Black People : Hunger Strikers Urge You To Come to Washington July 30 | Dennis

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by PurpleMoons, Jul 29, 2013.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
  2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Oh Dear God, I couldn't watch all of that! Are they forcing him to take food or something through his nose? If he doesn't want to eat, or is striking, I don't understand the purpose in forcing him [them] to live and suffer in prison or suffer in forcing him to eat. What in the world is going on? That is unbelievable and then the worker rubs him on his back, after he broke down. What kind of world and government are we in? This is a nightmare. Well, I can't be at the march, but I will be praying for intervention from an Higher Power.

If someone is so miserable and suffering to the point that they want to die, that is really heartrendering. If there is no intervention to appeal to people in that kind of quest, then obviously they have suffered some kind of human trauma that has made them feel so bad they want to die, and again, that is really heartrendering. We need more peace on this earth. I'm praying and hoping for peace.

If there has been a successful attempt to convince a person in this state to keep fighting through living, and they still want to die, then it is awful to force them in this way. God please help that man, in the name of Jesus Christ, please God make an intervention. Humans should try to help humans. Let me tell you, that is a job that I could not do!--What that worker was doing, Man! I don't know how he can sleep at night!

3. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    All 3 Sister. They are striking by not eating because of poor treatment and violations of their rights. The institution is forcing them to eat. They are even holding prisoners there who were supposed to have been released. If you ask me, I think the institution is preparing for situations if Marshal law ever takes effect. But that's just the little conspirator in me.

I should have posted more info about it. Its crazy! I don't understand how they have the right to force someone to eat.

Here is more about was going on below:

Pelican Bay Prison Hunger Strike: 30,000 Refuse Food

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/841701/pelican-bay-prison-hunger-strike-30000-refuse-food/#tAXFZtcisecc2UtP.99

More than 30,000 inmates incarcerated in California’s 37 state and private prisons have launched a massive hunger strike to protest the conditions at the Pelican Bay Supermax Prison.

The hunger strike is the third in two years to be carried out by disgruntled inmates who are showing solidarity with their fellow prisoners who are incarcerated in isolation units.
    The prisoners are protesting the fact that more serious offenders and gang members are held in solitary confinement for up to 23 hours per day.

:heart:

4. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Gitmo hunger strike: Timeline
    A mass hunger strike has been unfolding in the notorious Guantanamo Bay prison for over three months now. RT has been badgering the UN, prison officials, detainees’ attorneys and activists to get a full account of the situation.
    July 26

The US Defense Department notified Congress on Friday that it plans to repatriate two Guantanamo detainees to Algeria, White House spokesman Jay Carney said in a statement.

“We are taking this step in consultation with Congress, and in a responsible manner that protects our national security,” the statement said.

A mass hunger strike has been unfolding in the notorious Guantanamo Bay prison for over three months now. RT has been badgering the UN, prison officials, detainees’ attorneys and activists to get a full account of the situation.

5. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Yes Guantanamo Bay should have been closed, but I have no sympathy for Arabs, who lived in their nations from childhood and aint not a doggone grain for sympathy for the African slaves there in each and every one of their respective nations!

We seem to be the only race of people on the earth, who because of a common religion, forget or rationalize or ameliorate the evils done by another race to our people, and go out of our way to show the world sympathy for their plight!

6. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Thank you for posting. Oh My God, I will be forever praying for Human Rights! This is so wrong. What is wrong with this world!

This should not be happening. If humans are so stressed that they would starve themselves then, where is the human intervention.

Prison systems are not supposed to be an organization to bring that kind of human suffering. What ever happened to 'do unto others as you would have them to do unto you'?

If someone has done a crime that was so heinous they need to be locked up, then lock em up, but the ultimate judgment belongs to the Higher Power, so don't take away someones human rights to be able to stand for their ultimate judgment. That should be the responsiblity of A CIVILIZED GOVERNMENT. People should be trained, educated, and responsible to be able to handle 'hardened criminals' and serve justice without evil human torture.

Again, thank you, I will be praying for peace. This world is filled with bad spirits. You know, some of the ones on the 'otherside of the bars' need to be behind the bars, that's the problem. There are some Criminals that are allowed to commit crimes against humanity at the protection of big government.

7. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Was that man in the first youtube in this thread, an Arab?

Nevertheless, even if he is, it is so wrong to do that to him. I am hurt. I do agree with you completely though, about how many Arabs have intreated us.

But I believe that a civilized government should deal with human beings that are criminals right and not take away their human rights. That is so wrong to do that to that man!

8. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Personally I am not one to agree with seeing children hungry across the street, but what kind of father would I be if I fed the children a cross the street before I fed my own?

I live right here in BK; School closings, three murders in the past 5 weeks, regentrification..all of a sudden Mos Def is a muslim and now he cries more tears for those in Gauntanamo then he does for his own Black sisters and brothers right here in Brooklyn?
    http://www.destee.com/index.php?threads/yassin-bey-mos-def-force-fed-voluntarily.76941/

9. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102

We are who we are!

As a people i think our first emotion is to be compassionate, but experience has taught many of us how to block it. Some of us don't want that fire energy which is so prevalent in non-Blacks. We really have to be careful how we use our fire energy because we can become that which we oppose.

It's funny how many non-Blacks around the world hate who we are, yet they're always watching, studying, and often times imitating that spiritual soul which we possess. I'm growing to a point where i will no longer let others feelings of me detour me from the soul that i am. And in the same vein, i will also protect myself as much as i can.

10. PurpleMoons

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102

The man in the video is an entertainer. He goes by the name of Mos Def. He wanted to demonstrate what its like to be force fed so we could have the visual of whats being done. I'm not sure if he's a Muslim though.