Black People : Human Society is changing into a Robotic society?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by YingYang11, Sep 1, 2014.

1. YingYang11

YingYang11 Active Member MEMBER

Hidden Poet, Enlightener
    Ratings:
    +29
    I believe that most societies in the world are heading into the direction into becoming a robotic society. I'm starting to notice that humanity is getting more intellectual in explaining events and anatomy, etc which is a good thing. But I think at the same time we are losing the ability of the "self". That for everything we do is based on our personal choices(not because of genetics or the brain). Thus thsi creates the mindset that we are not accountable for teh actions that we make in which we become more lazy and depend on robots to do our work.

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I'm a fan of Dune...check this out.

Peace!

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Whoa, slow down for a second YingYang11,

Computers and robots are made and programmed by humans, making humans the smartest thing on earth. Computers and robots possess what is known as "artificial intelligence." Without us, there would be no such thing as robots or computers.

Nearly 20 years ago, the grand-master chess player beat the supercomputer, Deep Blue; of course he lost the second time they played. Computers are able to calculate faster than us, but that's about it ... they cannot THINK.

Below are a couple of excerpts and links substantiating my claims:

Computers might be able to beat human brains every time when it comes to mathematical calculations, quantitative analysis and game show questions, but that doesn't mean they're smarter overall. Humans are better at analyzing new situations by recalling past experiences and making inferences about a new challenge. Humans can experiment until they find a solution -- computers need to be told what to do. Humans are capable of qualitative analysis and emotional intelligence. Humans also are better at recognizing and adapting to complicated patterns. In short, it breaks down like this: Given a very narrow field of specifically quantified tasks, computers perform better, but in any broad context, humans are more intelligent than computers.
    http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/smarter-human-or-computer

Because we need to get better at organizing the way computers work. The human mind is the most efficient organizational system on the planet, could be in the universe for all we know. But we can put microprocessors together, link them together, have thousands and thousands of computational nodes within that huge, monstrous microprocessor system, but until we figure out how to organize the data movement, organize the data storage, and the computation between those nodes, we can't even begin to come close to the way a human mind works. So, maybe in some very, very specific algorithms, or kernels, if you will, those computers could be as smart as the human mind, but when you start talking just pure intelligence and recall and remembering, emotion, those type of things, I think we're many, many years -- probably 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years -- from even coming close to that.
    http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/human-brains-better-computers

Finally, to answer the question of which is smarter, a computer or a human, perhaps it's helpful to simply remember this: Humans program computers, not the other way around.

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question/smarter-human-or-computer

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    This has been an age old battle, hasn't it bruh. AI will never replace man, because the mind, and little things like gut feelings. It's just things about humans that machine aren't able to be programed with, or interpret.

Peace!

5. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    I think like most things the introduction of robotics into the world is more driven by the greed for profit than by lazyness and theres still a long way to go in terms of replacin people by machines -a lot of the more mundane factry jobs are still done by people but could be done by robots - if you look at where people are used the most over robots like in china its where the cost of labor is cheap - eventually though the cost of the tech will fall to where its below even the cost of labor there - this is the prob of living in a system which is totally driven by makin more an more money - i could easily imagine a future where only the highly qualified have jobs and theres a permanent majority of unemployed - pretty bleak i know - but it is one possible future

6. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I agree, there are more pros than cons from an economic stand point. Machines and lift more, work faster, and run longer that humans can. I know a few sawmill that went from a workforce of approx 300 to 20, and that included office personal.

Peace!

7. YingYang11

Hidden Poet, Enlightener
    Ratings:
    +29
    Oh, I think yah misinterpret me a little bit:hulk:. I wasn't actually talking about actual "physical robots". I'm talking the psychological mindset of humans turning into something robotic. But.....

If we are talking about actual "physical robots" I believe that everything that is created can be used as a vessel. A vessel is suppose to contain a soul. Since humans is a creation we are naturally vessels( which is why spirits and other spiritual beings are interested in us). But since we are one of the only animals that is consciousness of our existence we also have souls. If we create robots in a way that is most suitable to contain a soul then they may become smarter then humans(exactly how we became smarter then most creatures). Obviously from the way people view robots we have a long way ahead of us. Because never identify the soul within robots. Plus robots remind me too much of slave I rather use my own hands.

Now I was originally talking about the "psychological mindset" of humans turning robotic. People these days want everything do be done fast and more efficient and perfect which is all traits of roboticism(This is my new word :) In urban communities people are getting more obese due to this robotic thinking oppose to people in rural communities in which obesity is rare. Even though New York City is not that obese the mindset of most people there are robotic. Like we must workout to be healthy can we must take vitamins to give us the proper nutrients for the day. :cardio:Also people are repopulating wayyy to fast. Robots are the ones that are suppose to reproduce fast, not humans. If humans want More robots there needs to be Less humans. But I don't see the population going down anytime soon.

:baby:I don't think I'm going fast enough.Anyway tell me what you think?:thinking:

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Actually, it really isn't a battle, but I understand your referencing bro. Enki; humans create, control and manipulate computers and robots, not the other way around.

We touch and agree that humans trump the on-going debate, automatically.

9. YingYang11

Hidden Poet, Enlightener
    Ratings:
    +29
    I don't think anyone really understands me. If you want to know what I am talking about please read my recent post.I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT ROBOTS TALKING OVER THE WORLD!!!! I'm talking about how humans themselves will turn into robots.

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Ok, now I understand, but I think you are mixing apples and oranges. Obesity doesn't really equate to fast and efficiency. A healthy TV dinner has both of these qualities, and obesity is caused by many different things.

Peace!