Haiti : Hugo Chavez and Venezuela aid to Haiti

bientempo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
Dominican Republic
For all of those who a few months ago were talking about how much Hugo Chavez and Venezuela were doing for Haiti.

Boatload of spoiled food returned Notice that these are also venezuelan newspapers that are describing the food as spoiled

Health authorities in the Dominican Republic are refusing to accept a boatload of what is described as "spoiled food" bound for relief efforts in Haiti. The shipment from Venezuela, now in the port of Puerto Cabello in the state of Carabobo, is described by Venezuelan newspapers as "51 containers with 30 tons of spoiled food in each one".
The newspaper Tal Cual said sarcastically that the shipment in the Santa Paula formed part of "the altruistic manner that the Venezuelan government found to 'reprocess' part of the more than 80,000 tons of out-of-date foodstuffs that it purchased and forgot about, in some cases for more than a year, in Puerto Cabello and in warehouses of the PDVAL", a branch of the state-owned oil company PDVSA.
The newspaper Ultimas Noticias says that the entire shipment was rejected by the Dominican health and port authorities.

Good evening, poster...

But, while I don't deny the disturbing nature of the allegations, also we in the states do operate on the basis that anybody and everybody is considered innocent until proven guilty...

And, given the nature of Senor Chavez stand against the Yankee downtrodders, i. e., which-- unlike Senor Castro--there's no rival world power--such as the Soviet Union--to watch his back--no telling who might've screwed up those food shipments--before they reached the Haitians--in the first place!

Also, keep in mind, in spite of sentiments supporting the ending of decades spanning embargoes against that other island nation, here in the states as well as around the globe, it is the Afrocubans who continue to suffer the most...

Etc, etc., etc.

Yes...

I have my criticisms of the aformentioned fella too...

But...

Before we unintentionally give aid and confort to shared enemies of our people elsewhere, let's do our homework and get our facts straight here, so we put forth truly informed opinions etc!

Another one from an ally--not a 'critic'...

:em0200:

You are right

Good evening, poster...

But, while I don't deny the disturbing nature of the allegations, also we in the states do operate on the basis that anybody and everybody is considered innocent until proven guilty...

And, given the nature of Senor Chavez stand against the Yankee downtrodders, i. e., which-- unlike Senor Castro--there's no rival world power--such as the Soviet Union--to watch his back--no telling who might've screwed up those food shipments--before they reached the Haitians--in the first place!

Also, keep in mind, in spite of sentiments supporting the ending of decades spanning embargoes against that other island nation, here in the states as well as around the globe, it is the Afrocubans who continue to suffer the most...

Etc, etc., etc.

Yes...

But...

Before we unintentionally give aid and confort to shared enemies of our people elsewhere, let's do our homework and get our facts straight here, so we put forth truly informed opinions etc!

even if th article is in Spnish it seems ironic that no english article has been cut and paste as proof, considering the amount of hate that comes from here towards that nation

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3739500579629840148

Good evening, poster...

Etc, etc., etc.

Yes...

But...

Not sure that I understand when you are saying allegations? The shipment has already been rejected by the Dominican health Authorities and the Port Authorities when it was inspected. Therefore these are not allegations. If anyone screwed with the shipment it was Venezuelans, as some of this stuff is coming straight from the state-owned oil company PDVSA

And described by Venezuelan newspapers as "51 containers with 30 tons of spoiled food in each one".

Tal Cual, and Ultimas Noticias are both Venezuelan newspapers. And this has nothing to do with the USA or Cuba. As this stuff trans ships through the
Dominican Republic, WE have the last word on if its acceptablel or not.

As far as links do a google search with haitian aid and spoiled food. you will get your links I would but my internetconnection is very slow tonight. opps spoke tooo soon speeded up a little. posted the one there are others, do what spanish links?? for that just go to the web sites for tal cual, and ultimas noticias.

http://english.eluniversal.com/2010/06/16/en_eco_art_venezuelan-ship-with_16A4034731.shtml

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back