Black People : Hug Your Boys!!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by carlhurd, Oct 16, 2002.

1. carlhurd

carlhurd Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +10
    I was just thinking about the so-called state of my fellow brothers in the struggle for claming our manhood, our self-esteem, and a sense of identity. Look ladies, women, and sisters. If you have children make sure you hug and kiss them and reassure them. I know it is hard at times because of so many issues that affect us as a people.
    When I look back on my childhood I remember some of the harsh things that was said to me as a child, from various sources, so called friends, family, teachers, and white society as a whole. Even though I am much older now, but at times the effects of the negative things that was said still bothers me today and at times it is hard to shake off. Sisters I don't know how other brothers feel, but it really disturbs me with the constant bashing and re-enforcement guess what our little boys hear this too, so what are they to think!!! Some people is more sensitive than others different things affect different people in different ways. Please ask GOD for wisdom in how to talk to our children.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    CarlHurd ... this is so true. I often hear (and have heard of) women talking about, "your daddy aint no good," or men talking about, "your momma aint no good." That child is 1/2 of that person you are telling them is no good and they love that person. Likewise, if "men aint no good," and "women aint no good," ... then the chances are great the child will think he/she is no good. We really must be careful with what we pour into our children.

CarlHurd ... You had posted this thread in a couple of other forums in addition to this one. I deleted those because posting in one forum is usually enough and it allows for all comments to be found in the same place.

Thanks for the wise words.

:heart:

Destee

3. Mike Ramey

Mike Ramey Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    One extra thing...

Hug your boys and girls!

Teach them your history.
    Teach them to stand alone in the crowd for that which is right.
    Teach them to resist peer pressure.
    Teach them the value of earning their own money.
    Teach them the Bible.

The home is the first institution...and the most lasting institution to build quality kids....and MOST of our kids ARE quality kids.

Mike Ramey

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    i'll just say Amen ! and thanks for dis here
    we need to heed da word for our furture one's