Black People : Howard Dean...was his comment racist?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kente417mojo, Mar 2, 2005.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
  2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Don't fall for the okie doke, Fam. Dean saying this could be a test...a trick. I don't trust White folks on gp. On the one hand, Democrats are insulting us in our face. And, on the other hand, the Republicans are using this to sway Black folks who have problems with the Democrats over to their side of the fence. Don't fall for the okie doke, Fam.

However, because he made these comments, this wouldn't make me run and join the Republican Party either. We do better with Democrats than Republicans.

Nevertheless, I think it's insensitive. He should at least apologize.

Caveat: We were not there to hear everything that was said. So, we can not put that comment in it's proper context. Having said that, I believe he behaves as a racist.

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
  4. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I think people put too much faith in politicians based on their political party anyways. We black folks know good and well white people...whether democrate or republican are probably racist above anything else. I mean, I won't pull for either one. It's just funny how people will give him a pass based on his political party. If bush said that he would be labeled racist with the quickness. The fact that a democrate said it makes people believe that he must have been misunderstood or mis-quoted. I don't think there is any other way you can take that statement. It is what it is. Even Jesse Jackson gave him a pass on it. That's not saying much though.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I would believe it's being more exaggerated a bit by the GOP
    moreso then the total black communities

his characterization was simply an accurate observation
    by thin line it could have very well been or taken that way
    i don't think he was out right being racist because the truth
    is Republican party do lack Black supports and this a way to
    steal voters

By saying: do you think Republicans can fill the room with these many people
    of color was not Racist
    buy what raised issues was the last part (less they have the whole hotel staff)
    is when he hit that thin line .

JMO ....and what message i get til proven wrong .

6. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    $$RICH$$, I agree that's where he screwed himself, but one has to ask where that statement came from and what he was trying to accomplish by saying it. He could have just as well said the first part and left off the second part, but he said what was on his mind, and that got him in trouble. Like Khasm said, he was just telling the truth....truth that should open a lot of black people's eyes to that truth...that just because Dems. rally to secure the black vote doesn't make us a priority in their eyes. They still ahve their jokes and stereotypes about us just like the Reps. do.

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    truth be told...i start of viewing all white people as being racist to some degree...
    the only time that i am suprised is when they are not...politics are so shady...i try not to think about it too much, life is to short to be wrapped up in deceptions and lies.
    no single person has disappointed me more then jesse jackson in my 33 years on this earth. he marched with mlk and he has evolved into nothing more then a compromise'n yes man. and to think that he ran for president...smh...politics are the biggest game of chess on this earth. to truly understand what happens...you have to look at the move behind the move.

one love
    khasm

8. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah, I'm on that wavelength nowadays too. My thing is, even white people that come off as "cool with black people", are only cool on a certain level...in their own mind. Like, they'll always try and bond with black folks on certain issues that are mainstream issues. They'll always talk about rap, basketball, music in general and how many black friends they have.

I think Democrates just do it on a bigger level. They'll say whatever to make sure they have black votes in pocket, but they really don't know where to start regarding the issues that would really help the black community. They only know what's on the top layer, they don't care to dig down deep and really fix something. It's all a front, because when they go to bed, in their heads they are still superior to us because they are white and we are black..plain and simple. That's why nothing gets done, because everything they do for black folks is in some way in their best interest also....as white folks first and foremost.

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    tru indeed...

one love
    khasm

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    now i do agree with that and truefully 99.99% of whites are at some degree racist
    they will always try to slide a comment in about blacks in america infact those
    blackz that helm at the feet of these whites are racist toward there own people
    this show how divided we are as a whole , we will forever be stereotype to them
    a the fluky jokes , they truely don't know how to address blacks and our struggle
    or what define our communities not saying i agree with what he said but how he
    cross that thin line toward Blacks it came to a point looking in he dis respected
    the hotel workers and do and should apologies i trust none of the political arena
    DEMS or REPUBS not one side do a darn thing for Blacks and our community
    to them it's just a voting number game to see how many Blacks they can get one way
    politics is a hoax to me and some of the black politicians has disappointed me
    and themselves as people of color i don't trust none of them .

I fully understand y'all and the point made clear and well taken .

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Howard Deans comment about blacks

2. did Howard Dean make a racist comment