Black People Politics : Howard Dean.. as President

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/opinions/articles/1220satlets206.html

Dean is far from the lefty portrayed
Dec. 20, 2003 12:00 AM

I am surprised that the press did not challenge Al Gore's statement that "the only major candidate who made the correct judgment on Iraq was Howard Dean."

In fact, the only major candidate that voted against the resolution giving President Bush authority to go to war was Congressman Dennis Kucinich of Ohio. Howard Dean was a "Johnny come lately" who waited for public opinion to determine his position on the war.

... Anybody.. ( except Liberman, and Sharpton ) would be better than what we have now. ... I hate being lied to. Our current administration does it openly and all the time.

:star: :star: :star: DEAN and GORE in 2004. :star: :star: :star:

Can Gore run again as Vice President?

ON DEAN AND GORE.. 2004

http://gi.grolier.com/presidents/ea/side/const.html

" The Constitution was a product of the thought of the 18th century "Age of the Enlightenment." European and American philosophers, such as John Locke, Voltaire, Montesquieu, and Thomas Paine, attacked despotic government and advanced the following ideas: that government comes from below, not from above, and that it derives its powers from the consent of the governed; that men have certain natural, inalienable rights; that it is wise and feasible to distribute and balance powers within government, giving local powers to local governments, and general powers to the national government; that men are born equal and should be treated as equal before the law. "

It hasn't worked. It is still not working. Because it hasn't corrected long standing issues of racism. Continued racism. Blatant racism. It still hasn't made me a citizen. It is so poorly written and carries little support for the freedoms of Black Americans. There exist checks and balances… LONG AGO establish. Let’s focus on making those who use laws to control the public.

Stand up and be held responsible by those laws. No more of this above the law... I get a break, diplomatic privilege stuff. They can commit murder and not be punished.
I want to see judges and politicians that break the law arrested. I want real justice for all.

POLISH OFF THIS OLD WORLD. MAKE THE APPLE SHINE.

======================

Indeed, so impressed were certain of the framers with the viability of Montesquieu's concepts of separation and balance of power that John Adams counted eight explicit balancing mechanisms and proudly proclaimed them as evidence of the Constitution's republican virtue. These instances of government branches checking one another were as follows:
(1) The states v. the central government
(2) the House v. the Senate
(3) the president v. Congress
(4) the courts v. Congress
(5) the Senate v. the president (with regard to appointments and treaties)
(6) the people v. their representatives
(7) the state legislatures v. the Senate (in the original election of senators)
(8) the Electoral College v. the people

Individual Liberties.. The Bill of Rights haven't given me or my parents the rights and respect deserved.

OUR FOCUS SHOULD BE ON number...

( 1 ) making the states accountable for our well being. I'm a tax payer.

( 6 ) Voting against those who oppose equal rights. Your job is over. I'm your BOSS.
YOUR TERMINATED.. CONGRESSMAN!

( 8 ) You can get rid of this.. It should be decided by the ( popular ) vote and will of the people. Not a few hundred hand picked representatives who care even less than CONGRESS what happens to us.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NEW YEARS WISH FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...

GOD WILL COME THRU..HIS WILL BE DONE

==========

U.S. AMERICANS... not U.S. Aryans - They need to go by the way of the dinosaurs.

http://gi.grolier.com/presidents/ea/side/const.html

Corporations were assured of access to federal courts and thereby given protection against the narrow legal localism often used to guard local vested rights. The Taney court also granted the states a new body of police power to better look after the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens.

Yet the Taney era ended ingloriously because the dominantly Southern membership of the court sought, as in the Dred Scott decision, to cast the law so as to underwrite Southern assumptions about slavery when the nation was rejecting them.

Under Chief Justice Salmon P. Chase (1864-1873), the court preserved much of the Taney court's attitude toward legal localism, but at times it used the need to protect local sovereignty as an argument against national solutions.

Although measures such as the liberal Granger laws of the early 1870's were upheld, much of the liberal Reconstruction legislation, geared toward finding national legal solutions for race relations, was struck down as infringements of local sovereignty.

The courts of the 1880's and 1890's, dominated by such champions of uninhibited property rights as Stephen Field, Joseph Bradley, and Melville Fuller, returned constitutional interpretation to the spirit of the rulings of John Marshall. State legislation was assailed on every side as either a violation of the due process clause of the 14th Amendment or as an improper local infringement on the federal government's commerce power. Federal legislation, such as the Interstate Commerce Act, the Sherman Antitrust Act, and a federal income tax law, similarly was destroyed as unwarranted assault on private property owners.

==============

America.. has been making changes for some time now. This nation has been in constant change since it's taking.

Can't get it right. No attempt made to get it right.

During the Reconstuction years, Progressive years, Industrail years, and Technology years
Being these are the only years I care about. They are still effecting me today. I am not interested in the founding years. The taking of the country years. Those years are owed to the Native American's. Focusing on the years.. I don't feel was taken SERIOUS, and as a time and year or years of change.

Time and opportunity for the INFANT to change diapers and clean up it's own mess.
AIN'T NO CHILDREN UP IN HERE!

Now I gots my butt in a TERROR ERA...didn't handle any of the last construction periods correctly. I am afraid my country men and women. I can't do this alone.

We have been hood winked..
bamboozled... taken out on a date and left on the streets. Back panel, of my pajama's.. has a hole torn because somebody wants easy access.

HODEE said:
... Anybody.. ( except Liberman, and Sharpton ) would be better than what we have now. ... I hate being lied to. Our current administration does it openly and all the time.

:star: :star: :star: DEAN and GORE in 2004. :star: :star: :star:

Can Gore run again as Vice President?

Brother HODEE, show me an American politician that doesn't, hasn't and won't lie to the people and if you find some that say they haven't, then they're probably lying. As for the current administration doing it openly and all the time, what's the difference between a hidden lie where nothing happens, versus an open lie where nothing still doesn't happen? Do you honestly think that the current administration invented lies and is the first one to blatantly throw buffalo chips in the faces of the American people? Apathy among voting age people is the killer disease, not the lying politicians. Politicians are just messengers. I know we have to live with them, but frankly, I don't trust any of them. Maybe I'm being too pessimistic about the whole political system in this country, but as far as I'm concerned, when you vote, you're simply choosing the lesser of the many evils because when it really comes down to it, how much really changes in the end? I'm not jumping on any politicians' bandwagon right now because I don't see any 'honest' depth in those that are running, including the current administration. So I'm in a bind--caught between a rock and a hard place as they say. I intend to exercise my right to vote during the upcoming presidential elections, but let's be realistic about this, it'll probably be in favor of the one that I "think" might hurt my community less. As Black people, we should learn how to be selfish in ways that are productive for us. What has any one of them done for us, and especially, lately and how are we demanding their attention and influencing their political decision-making? Foreign affairs is important and I realize that, but so is domestic affairs. I am concerned about what's happening to my Black people around the world but I'm more concerned about what's happening to us living in America, with America being the so-called "super power."

Dean and Gore? Why?

Peace!

Good points Queen. I had a response. It cleared when I tried to enter it.
I knew better. I normally make a copy in case this happens. I got distracted.. and submitted.

I'll do it again later.

I will say.. Dean alone couldn't pull off the race. He could use a strong Vice Pres. Plu's I wouldn't mind a rematch. I want to see what the polls say then.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back