Black People : how you like dem thugs now............?

I think as far as the looting, it was purposely delivered to the public via the white media to make us look bad. However, we all know that there are knuckleheads that love when stuff like hurricane katrina happens, because they now have a chance to run around acting as stupid as they are. I don't doubt that there were a large number of rapes, because there were black people saying that women and young children were getting pulled into houses and raped. All of the rapes didn't happen in the Superdome. Some were done on the streets and in alleys. Look at cities that riot. Yeah, there are people rioting in the name of justice, but there are also a large, large number pf people that are rioting so they can act a fool and get some free stuff, and could care less about the cause. Our people need to stop acting up, especially in situations like this. We need to also stop making excuses for them and pretending that every negative statement about us is an untrue fabrication by the white man, because some of it is not.

kente417mojo said:
I think as far as the looting, it was purposely delivered to the public via the white media to make us look bad. However, we all know that there are knuckleheads that love when stuff like hurricane katrina happens, because they now have a chance to run around acting as stupid as they are. I don't doubt that there were a large number of rapes, because there were black people saying that women and young children were getting pulled into houses and raped. All of the rapes didn't happen in the Superdome. Some were done on the streets and in alleys. Look at cities that riot. Yeah, there are people rioting in the name of justice, but there are also a large, large number pf people that are rioting so they can act a fool and get some free stuff, and could care less about the cause. Our people need to stop acting up, especially in situations like this. We need to also stop making excuses for them and pretending that every negative statement about us is an untrue fabrication by the white man, because some of it is not.

I don't think everything was a fabrication by the white media. I know that there was a criminal element in NO. I just refuse to let what some people do (the people acting a fool in NO) color my view of the rest of us. And the point of this thread was (I assume) to find out if black women still like "thugs" after what happened in Katrina. My point was, don't believe everything you see/hear on TV about "thugs" or any of our people. And I haven't been on this site long, but I doubt any of the enlightened sisters here get down like that.

As far as riots and the like, I agree that there are some of us who like to act out just for the hell of it. But that's true of any population. White folks don't let a few stupid white folks embarass them. They riot all the time and the media doesn't show it. Woodstock 99? Winter Olympics in Utah? Minnesota State? Red Sox World Series?

Why should you and I feel guilty for the behavior of some thugs? It's human nature for a population to have a criminal element. We've simply bought into the lie that our people are the worst offenders. There were rapes and murders after the tsunami, but did we get constant stories about it? Was it used as proof the opinion that South Asian men are beasts and criminals? No. Do you see what I'm saying?

And Sekhemu, I'm sorry about your family.

mominga said:
I don't think everything was a fabrication by the white media. I know that there was a criminal element in NO. I just refuse to let what some people do (the people acting a fool in NO) color my view of the rest of us. And the point of this thread was (I assume) to find out if black women still like "thugs" after what happened in Katrina. My point was, don't believe everything you see/hear on TV about "thugs" or any of our people. And I haven't been on this site long, but I doubt any of the enlightened sisters here get down like that.

As far as riots and the like, I agree that there are some of us who like to act out just for the hell of it. But that's true of any population. White folks don't let a few stupid white folks embarass them. They riot all the time and the media doesn't show it. Woodstock 99? Winter Olympics in Utah? Minnesota State? Red Sox World Series?

Why should you and I feel guilty for the behavior of some thugs? It's human nature for a population to have a criminal element. We've simply bought into the lie that our people are the worst offenders. There were rapes and murders after the tsunami, but did we get constant stories about it? Was it used as proof the opinion that South Asian men are beasts and criminals? No. Do you see what I'm saying?

I definately see what you're saying. When people act as though black people are the only ones raping and acting up, I have pointed out that the Tsunami had women and children raped. Also, a lot of children went underground into slavery/ prostitution, after being saved and then kidnapped by their rescuer. Believe me, I know that. My point is, I've heard many people say that there were no rapes (on radio and interviews) and that the media was trying to make us look crazy. Trying to act like every knucklehead thug in NO straightened up and started pulling old ladies out of the water. Now, I know the media is guilty of that to some extent, but I'm sure rapes, robbery, assualts and looting were prevelent in NO. All of these poor black folks are nt lying when they say that they saw these things happening. It would just be nice to get some honesty on both sides. It seems like people are either trying to make us out to be villans or saints. There's never just a happy, truthful medium, and neither one helps us in the long run.

As far as white people looting and rioting, they've done way worse things than that. We all know their legacy.

mominga said:

Thank you sistah, that was very kind of you.

I think the basic premise of this thread was that why are people who victimize the community glorified? While it is true that these individuals are glorified by both men & women. It is the attention and affection that they get from women that entice so many men into the thug lifestyle. Although many of the reports in New Orleans are undoubtedly questionable. There was certainly evidence of the thug/criminal element at work, victimizing their community. In the aftermath of that, can we continue to glamorize such behavior?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back