Black People : How You Gonna Talk About Folk - And You Got The Same Kinda Folk in Your Family?

That is precisely right. Selecting certain people to be friends, enemies, mates/dates/spouses, etc. to the exclusion of others requires behaviors and attitudes that we may call judgment. By doing it, you are determining what is "good" or "bad." Everyone does it; it's a built-in mechanism to protect yourself. It becomes problematic when it's used with some form of harmful or controlling intent.

To address the thread question, like Bootzey indicated, you cannot be responsible for what someone in your family does or believes anymore than a stranger off the street. If you have something (a message) to share, you share it; people, whether family or not, will accept, reject, or ponder it. If it's critical information, then you don't prevent outsiders from hearing it just because folks in your family refuse to.

EVERYONE judges...to say you don't judge is a LIE...whether you judge them good or bad...YOU'RE JUDGING.
I swear, some of you people are living in La La Land

Peace and Blessings,

I have often wondered, when hearing folk talk about other folk doing what they don't like being done, yet they have folk in their own Family, doing the same thing, and have not been able to convince them to stop.

That doesn't make any sense to me. For example ...

You problee got folk in your Family that worship God / The Creator different than you, yet you leave them be, and set out to change, belittle, or diminish others for doing the same that your blood kin is doing or has done.

You problee got folk in your Family that date or have married White folk, yet you leave them alone, and come out into the world to make sure no one else is doing it.

You problee got folk in your Family raising babies alone, unemployed, incarcerated, etc., yet you talk about the other folk that finds their life in this circumstance, as if you aint got blood relatives doing the same.

I don't get it. Doesn't charity begin at home?

If you can't get your own Family to hear you, adjust as you see fit, how you gonna get other folk to do it?

It's almost hypocritical to me, to act so haughty and proud about a thing ... unyielding in the face of others ... while your own Family (or your own self) is doing it, or has done it!

How are folk so easily separating themselves, from their own Families?!

I look forward to your responses, though i'm kinda think'n out loud right now.

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

Because oft times, it is easier to convince a stranger than it is someone in the family or close at home; thus, people are more willing to change a stranger for what could not be done with their own flesh and blood. It's not really hypocritical, but all that many can hope for when the people in your life won't listen to you, when you're actually right, that is.

Consider what the Holy Son said in the Scriptures about a prophet not having dishonor except within His own country among His own people. He was saying that people outside of the country who didn't know who He was as a person would show more honor, and give a listening ear to the wisdom He proclaimed than those who grew up knowing His ways. This was evident when the Judaeans called for His crucifixion, though they were His nearest in blood.

So, to me, people having a problem at home that they couldn't fix but now try to fix out in the street isn't really hypocritical save for when they try to fix it in the street and condone the action at home as if it's welcomed only when their family member does it. Then, I believe, they are being a hypocrite, because how are you going to criticize the same deed that you praise at home with the same tongue?

Peace and Blessings,

I have often wondered, when hearing folk talk about other folk doing what they don't like being done, yet they have folk in their own Family, doing the same thing, and have not been able to convince them to stop.

That doesn't make any sense to me. For example ...

You problee got folk in your Family that worship God / The Creator different than you, yet you leave them be, and set out to change, belittle, or diminish others for doing the same that your blood kin is doing or has done.

You problee got folk in your Family that date or have married White folk, yet you leave them alone, and come out into the world to make sure no one else is doing it.

You problee got folk in your Family raising babies alone, unemployed, incarcerated, etc., yet you talk about the other folk that finds their life in this circumstance, as if you aint got blood relatives doing the same.:luv::lol:

I don't get it. Doesn't charity begin at home?

If you can't get your own Family to hear you, adjust as you see fit, how you gonna get other folk to do it?

It's almost hypocritical to me, to act so haughty and proud about a thing ... unyielding in the face of others ... while your own Family (or your own self) is doing it, or has done it!:toast:

How are folk so easily separating themselves, from their own Families?!

I look forward to your responses, though i'm kinda think'n out loud right now.

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

You are so right Sis.. Destee. I believe at times we tend to want to put on a show...we know that many times we and our families behaviour would shame the demons in hell...BUT we love to point fingers at others. I have come to realise what it means to walk in another man's shoes....We keep our families dirty linen secret...BUT want to expose other people's own.
I have seen this whole scenario so many times. What you have said is something to really ponder on.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back