Black People : How You Gonna Talk About Folk - And You Got The Same Kinda Folk in Your Family?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings,

I have often wondered, when hearing folk talk about other folk doing what they don't like being done, yet they have folk in their own Family, doing the same thing, and have not been able to convince them to stop.

That doesn't make any sense to me. For example ...

You problee got folk in your Family that worship God / The Creator different than you, yet you leave them be, and set out to change, belittle, or diminish others for doing the same that your blood kin is doing or has done.

You problee got folk in your Family that date or have married White folk, yet you leave them alone, and come out into the world to make sure no one else is doing it.

You problee got folk in your Family raising babies alone, unemployed, incarcerated, etc., yet you talk about the other folk that finds their life in this circumstance, as if you aint got blood relatives doing the same.

I don't get it. Doesn't charity begin at home?

If you can't get your own Family to hear you, adjust as you see fit, how you gonna get other folk to do it?

It's almost hypocritical to me, to act so haughty and proud about a thing ... unyielding in the face of others ... while your own Family (or your own self) is doing it, or has done it!

How are folk so easily separating themselves, from their own Families?!

I look forward to your responses, though i'm kinda think'n out loud right now.

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

As I digest this, the first thought that comes to mind is that sometimes the shortcomings of my own flesh and blood motivates me to enlighten those on the outside. In many ways, our family is a training camp for the world at large. Your mission doesn't stop with your family and whether or not they see and want to change the challenges before them is separate from what your purpose is..however, we should be extending more grace to one another with compassion..and to me that is the missing element.

I agree this why i don't judge or lable anyone because at some point i was them or
someone close to me is like them , I would only hope the change come in a unity
where we all learn and move forward not be judgemental

It's funny how this work but true we are quick to inforce something on somebody
and yet leave our very own in the stumbling block and not get them the message
how cam one tell me what to do or how to do it when they don't know the path
of it or been there but yet have family who have and they haven't tryed changing them.

Good question Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back