Black People : HOw you gone build a nation when you can't build a table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me for wanting to keep my money in the hood :( I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS ALREADY and HAD TO GIVE IT TO WHITE MEN because of unskilled or motivated blacksmen, but okay I see what it is....it's in the water for real! LOL! Anyway, Here, let the YT man tell you how it goes down economically..... smh

"..young unskilled men, particularly black men, have decreased their labor force participation and their hours of work. While evidence of labor market discrimination still exists, much of the remaining gap in black and white men’s wages can be attributed to their level of skills before they enter the labor market. Despite rising levels of formal education, many adults lack the basic math and reading skills, work habits, and interpersonal skills that most employers require. " http://www.dol.gov/oasam/programs/history/herman/reports/futurework/conference/trends/trendsVII.htm

"While the jobs market overall remains weak, demand is high for in certain sectors. For skilled and reliable mechanics, welders, engineers, electricians, plumbers, computer technicians, and nurses, jobs are plentiful; one can often find a job in 48 hours." yet...the unemployment rate for black men in Baltimore between the ages of 20 and 24 was 37 percent in 2013 and nationwide "The jobless rate for African-American males is more than double that for white men"....

What about all of those college degrees where you can work with your mind and not your hands?
"African-Americans With College Degrees Are Twice As Likely to Be Unemployed as Other Graduates!"

GET Your Skills UP! Nuff said.....
neely-fuller.jpg

Excuse me for wanting to keep my money in the hood :( I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS ALREADY and HAD TO GIVE IT TO WHITE MEN because of unskilled or motivated blacksmen, but okay I see what it is....it's in the water for real! LOL! Anyway, Here, let the YT man tell you how it goes down economically..... smh

"..young unskilled men, particularly black men, have decreased their labor force participation and their hours of work. While evidence of labor market discrimination still exists, much of the remaining gap in black and white men’s wages can be attributed to their level of skills before they enter the labor market. Despite rising levels of formal education, many adults lack the basic math and reading skills, work habits, and interpersonal skills that most employers require. " http://www.dol.gov/oasam/programs/history/herman/reports/futurework/conference/trends/trendsVII.htm

"While the jobs market overall remains weak, demand is high for in certain sectors. For skilled and reliable mechanics, welders, engineers, electricians, plumbers, computer technicians, and nurses, jobs are plentiful; one can often find a job in 48 hours." yet...the unemployment rate for black men in Baltimore between the ages of 20 and 24 was 37 percent in 2013 and nationwide "The jobless rate for African-American males is more than double that for white men"....

What about all of those college degrees where you can work with your mind and not your hands?
"African-Americans With College Degrees Are Twice As Likely to Be Unemployed as Other Graduates!"

GET Your Skills UP! Nuff said.....

you or the white man saying it ... sounds the same

What's that title got to do with me? It's the truth, just one size of shoe that is out there, if it don't fit you well then, but to take it personally on a community forum..really? Kill the messenger if you must, but shame on you for belittling the message when it just points out what is really happening in the non digital world...Black men are dying for lack of knowledge!

maybe i got it wrong ... you seem sincerely surprised at what i have broached

i do look at things in ways others may not ... very protective of us and this place

but do carry on ... i am sure all will be well

:heart:

Destee

Lrae, before you made your conclusions about AA men, did you check Google or search the Yellow Pages in Indiana, or did you only check among your friends? I ask, because, I know I could find what you are looking for, no problem.

I am not the only one on this block even doing remodeling work and they are ALL white contractors! I have even gotten bids from 3 ( 1 unlicensed) black contractors who never showed up! I will get my work done Liberty, no worries, I was just appalled at the participation or lack there of, young black men in the industry. Every culture seems to have their stereotypical work niche, I thought we were better represented here, I know better now. :) Like I told the owner of a new soul food restaurant nearby, I am a vegetarian and I love to support black businesses, but they just don't support me...she puts meat in all of her side vegetables :( but I like her Mac & Cheese, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back