Black People : HOw you gone build a nation when you can't build a table?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you right about that!

now we live in their cities, live by their rules, shop in their stores, work in their jobs, go to their schools ... and don't have to worry about doing our own vehicle maintenance!!

guess that's why we are where we are today, eh?

the times are different now. we don't live in the country no more.

the times are different now. we don't live in the country no more.
LOL, I have a garden in my back yard that feeds my family all year long, in the middle of the city! Let's just say that if I wake up tomorrow and all the yt people are gone...I'll be okay ;) but only because I have some basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing and irrigation! Ijs, without basic survival skills, education is failing the digital generations, especially black youth!

So I have taken on the responsibility of caring for my 88 year old uncle who lives alone. His home is paid for, but in need of 30 years of repair. He gets a pension and SS so he has money coming in, but the problem has been actually finding black men to do the work! Now I was raised by a strong man who owned several homes and "worked with his hands", back in the day when you had to! He taught all of his children some skills in that area. For example, He made me learn how to change all four tires on my car before I drove off to college and we all had to help him at his rental properties! This makes it difficult for me to understand the lack of skilled black laborers today. Everyone seems to be able to work in a factory and put a leg on a table, but can't MAKE the leg or build the top if their life depended on it! I actually had to convince a brother who worked for a yt contractor to go and get his license and I would have plenty of work for him. Well he did, hired a Mexican crew to put the roof on and I haven't heard from him since! smh Heard he got locked up on an outstanding warrant...

Anyway....long story short, I asked my daughters boyfriend, who works in the warehouse industry, if he knew any one who did "man's work" and he looked at me crazy! LOL, after I explained, you know work with their hands, build, fix, create THINGS that require analytical and physical prowess, he knew NOONE, However, if I ever need a telemarketer, lawn care worker, or rapper, he got me....OMG! Is this what it has come to? Reminds me of something I heard recently where some celebrity twitted how he was tired of seeing all of these soft *** men posing all over social media and suggested they " GO BUILD A HOUSE!" :)

sure do miss the do-it-yourself era!! haven't learned surveyin', but i reckon if someone dumped me on 10 wooded acres with the tools i could get the land cleared, lay out and pour a foundation, do the framing, plumbing, wiring and roofing, build my furniture from the clear off and more'n likely build my appliances! sounds like funs!!!

sure do miss the do-it-yourself era!! haven't learned surveyin', but i reckon if someone dumped me on 10 wooded acres with the tools i could get the land cleared, lay out and pour a foundation, do the framing, plumbing, wiring and roofing, build my furniture from the clear off and more'n likely build my appliances! sounds like funs!!!

That's what I'm talking about! That is what it takes to be "independent" and all of the freedom black people think they need is worthless without independence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back