Black People : How would you rate George Dubya during this crisis?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by epiphany, Sep 17, 2001.

1. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hello Destee Family, I'm just wondering if anyone else find it a tad bit odd, that George Bush hasn't had much to say during this whole situation? His television appearances and comments seem to be very brief and doesn't make much sense (tho I'm not surprised). Personally, I don't think he has tried to heal or comfort the American people as a leader should. Do you agree or disagree?

Epiphany:heart:

2. shaneak

shaneak Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Support engineer
    Ratings:
    +7
    I think..

he's trying but his efforts are effortless.. meaning.. he's trying.. I just don't think hard enough.. But we do have to remember... he's human.. not to mention got some age on him.. So i'm personally trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I do commend him on how he's handle things.. the way hes got everything planned and organize.. I'd rather for him to go about that way rather than react the same way those terrorist did.. That would make us less human if he didn't proceed with this.. with caution...

3. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    hmmm, very interesting thoghts. I would say that he is doing the best that he can without allowing his personal feelings get involved. as the leader of the country, he must be as neutral as he can as well as determine what the next step of action should be. When it comes down to him expressing his emotions on this point please note that he was crying during his interviews on thursday afternoon. This whole crisis has shaken him but you can't expect so much out of him personally becasue he is serving in the "Office of the President" meaning his advisors is telling him to be strong. I feel his efforts to respond to the actions are good because he is taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening again. Although i am not a supporter of his administration, i do give him credit fro seeking more avenues than just war. In others words seeking econimc sanctions and whatever they may feel pertinant to resolving the matter. But i do sense a level of pain in his voice when he does make himself available to the public.

There are some reasons why he has not been available as much as expected. One is National Security meaning that because there are still threats out there he needs to be on the move constantly. This is why he was flying all over the country on Tuesday rather than staying in the white house. Remember he is still a target.

The reason for his few selective words duringt his time? to avoid the presumption of his reaction to this tragedy. He is being very selective in order to not alert the other countries his plans. also he did not have the judicial right to call for all out war without the support of Congress. so because his hands are tied he has to be careful how he worded his statements during the last week.

As for the age thing. I feel thaqt his age really has nothing to do with how he reacts to this situation but since it was put out there my questions would be this:

1. If he was a man in his mid 20's, how do you feel he would have responded to this situation?

2. Why is age such an important parameter to you when it pertains to such political discussions? I have been following your responses to many of the forums and it seems that age is such a large stronghold for you. (Shaneak) I've read your views and conversations but please enlighten me as to what age has to do with it?

4. shaneak

United States
    Ratings:
    +7
    Well for One.. Dnommo

When running for a president a person or individual usually had to meet certain criterias. .now if that changed within the past few years please let me know.. and one of those is age.. and Bush is not even in his 30 thirties if you really want to brake it down. An individual is also suppose to serve some time in the military to meet that criteria.. i'm not sure of all what is pertained in the criteria to run for president but I do now their are restrictions and guidelines. You will also find some of the criteria located here: http://www.debates.org/pages/news3.html just to confirm a little bit of what i just told you.

Now my opinion... :x: As for a 20 year old running the US.. Fat chance.. I won't even allow it.. i've dealt with going on twenty year olds and twenty year olds and i'm only 21 one.. And i know.. I have more sense than than the average 21 year old. :x: But no.. an individual of that age doesn't now the depth of his Countries history... like they truly should.. many arent' even in the reserves...and so many lack the knowledge and education needed to govern a country like this.. now I do think a 2 year old could run the country... Teach them our worldly values and morals.. get an old wise man to back him.. and by golly george we'll be back in business. :D

But I can't wait till the next election.. I'm voting for Hillary.. I pray that she runs... I need to check and see if she's done her military duties though.. maybe it won't apply to her... Anxiously waiting on your views D!!!

5. dnommo

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    ACTUALLY dubya is well in his 50's. It's impossible for anyone to become president if theydo not meet the basic criteria. Also, how could he be in his thirties when his daughter is 19 and 20? He meets the criteria very well and the criteria for military experience is not true. There is no criteria for military ecperince for many preseidents were not in the military, bill clinton being one of them.

You might want to reevaluate your ciriteria because while your views are itneresting they are a little off course. As for maturity. Maturity is not solely fdefined by one's age. There are many who are more settled beyond their years but it cannot be validated by age. I fidn it troubling that your views are so egotisitcal that you don't even see that you lack support for half the things you say. You attempt to validate your wisdom with rhetorric and assumptions without completely investigating the facts. As i have dealt with many 20 and 21 year olds i find when involved in a discussion with them that the at least make the effort to get theri facts straight. Forgive me for being harsh but as much as you fight for respect of your knowledge, it's hard to take seriously when you spew inaccuracies. I chalk this up to age and lack of experience not wisdom. I believe you are a very intelligent person but in order for it to come across as such i would suggest you investigat more clearly the topics on which you freely express opinions without foundation. Although there are times that Kemetstry, Wisdomseed and I do not agree, i do respect their efforts to support their opinions with facts.

I thank you fro the link but the criteria for president is High School Political Science 101 or in sokme edicational systems, History 101.

Once again forgive me for the harsh statements but they are spoken in order to stregnthen and not harm.

i would like to continue this discussion but i just found it frustrating when the facts were clouded...

once again i apologize if my words were harsh. that is not the intention...

6. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    epiphany,

i know a few (my uncle for one) who when they were in vietnam, they did not want to even think of their family for this reason(s):

(1) for fear that worrying will get kill or get them killed
    (2) they didn't feel like it :lol:

what i'm saying is that judging by the appearance you would think that he is an impassive person, but i don't believe that is the case.

like Dnommo said it could be for his security. Also to think of seeing him all day on CNN will tell me he is not at work with the matter at hand. i mean, you know, check my thoughts ma...

jh.

7. shaneak

United States
    Ratings:
    +7
    ummm Hmmm...

No.. I don't feel your words are harsh.. actually I've heard worse.. no big deal. Anyways.. First off.. i didn't say president Bush was in his 30 if that be the case.. i would be wrong right off. Because that is one of the first criterias.. that you have to meet. Now.. military issues.. That i looked into more and found that it was not necessary but they do prefer that most presidents carry that background.

I personally feel you words are wisdom and never take offense to what you say.... so feel free to express yourself.. in whatever way you see... fit.

Also.. alot of what I speak on is my views as you very well should know because I state off the back.. these are my views or my opinions.. I also state if I don't know the facts... whether Or not I am accurate enough about those things.. which is why i provided you with the link and also.. the reason why i knew all this.. is because i took history in High School.. somethings just seem to stick wit ya!!! ;)

8. epiphany

epiphany Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +40
    Shaneak,J'hiah, Dnommo

Thanx, I appreciate your input to my thread, it offers me different perspectives and gives me the opportunity to evaluate and think about my own viewpoint. as well as others. Much love. Epiphany :heart:

9. dnommo

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    hey kemet,

i would NEVER compare you with Wisdomseed. that would be unfare to Wisdom :rolling:

No seriously. We do agree on most things but we have stood on opposite ends before and that increased my respect for your views. Not only because you stood your ground but youo supported your opinions so clearly. It's always good to pop in and se whats going on in the mind of Kemet...

We cool tho' cuz you knows i got cha back bro'

as for his efforts. In light of some information that occurred this weekend (executive order to shoot down commercials planes) i am certain that Bush is still in shock about it all. Cheny and Powell is his strength and without them he could barely stand (unless he calls his father :lol: ) Bush has a lot on his hands and lately he is making the situation personal. In his position his personal feelings have to be quieted in order to see responsibly the right action to take.

The sad reality is this: We are going to attack warring factrions against us. There wil be a loss of life but it determines whether it would be one (Bin Laden) or many (military troops). At this point the choice is left up to the Taliban and the religiuous leaders of that area.

It's a waiting game at this point.

Shaneak, how very true are your words and i am glad you did not take offense to my words. Once again they are for strengthening not destruction. But i reiiterate my statement. While your opinions are YOUR opinions, it would be advisable to know more about the subject and not just go on your opinion. That can lead to a very dangerous position when it comes down to what you stand on and what you don't. Although the optimal society would be that people respect your opinions, very few do. They will challenge it in attempts to change it. TO prevent such problems my suggestion was to know more about it before expressing your opinion. It gains support and respect for your attempts to be ackowledged as wise. It's all good to me for i tend to stay in the shadows until i see the situation get out of hand and then i speak or as some say STRIKE.

I anjoy the dialogue and look forward to more...

Hey Kemet, what's the next exciting topic? My pen is itching for some comments....

10. Bakari

Bakari Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Kemetstry
    I do agree with your opion that a few cruise missiles will not resolve this issue. My question to anyone who believe that this would resolve the issue is...... where would you point these missiles?? What guarantee does the US have that they will capture Bin Laden in Mr Bushes words "dead or alive"?My understanding is that Bin Laden has the finance to move about and hide as he sees fit. I do agree that more attacks are inevitable. There are groups of people out there that feel they have nothing left to lose. There country has already been reduced to nothing and without a rational resolution what is to be accomplished.
    Dnommo
    My question to you.... do you really think that the Taliban will turn Bin Laden over to the US.
    Shaneak
    I applaud you for your comments and opinions and how you stand behind what you believe to be true.... Although I do feel that your comments are based on emotions and your perceptions of a perfect society, rather than the rational needed to deal with situations such as this.which as Dnommo stated " the optimal society would respect such but very few do".