Black People : How Will You Be Remembered?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Hello Family,

I've been online since 1996, and since that time i've had the pleasure of meeting many Sisters and Brothers. There have been many too that have passed on, since i've made their acquaintance out here.

As they've passed, i've thought on them, some kind, some not so kind.

Based on your online persona, how do you think folk will remember you?

Does it matter?

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i will not be remembered :cool:

3. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have no idea.

For the most part the few communities I belonged to have been disolved. Some of the people I met are on my IM and we still chat every now and again, but I couldn't tell you what they think. :zipit:

4. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    On some sites I am infamous because I speak my mind and dont back down from a battle. On this site, I dont think much will be thought except by those that have directly fought with me or got to know me. One site I am on will have good memories since for what ever reason I am REALLY well liked. That is interesting because I dont change personalities from one site to the next. Its all over the place.

5. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Good question Destee, hmmm...I'm not sure how I'll be remembered, I've never thought of it. I just do "me" and if that creates a persona, then so be it. I tend to leave more of an impression, outside of the online experience, than I intend to. I'm usually pretty laid back and try to just go about my business, so this is often a surprise to me. Thoughts to ponder Destee.

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Words cannot explain how I will be remembered. I will just let my past, present, and future actions speak for words on behalf of that.

Cedric Denson

7. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    Wow, I never thought about this before because this is the only site where I have "belonged" and actually made friends that I speak with. How I am is how I am. I am cool. Don't try to cause many waves. I like to know people, but I don't need the stage. I hope people will remember that I am respectful of others.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Thank you all for responding.

Brother James ... i will most certainly remember you for as long as i live, you have to know and believe this. You do don't you? Please tell me that you do believe this. You have given me the pleasure of knowing a very kind, gentle, and loving Brother. Even now as i think on you, i can do nothing but smile. Your Spirit embraces mine, and it is warmed by it. I'm honored that you've given me the pleasure of knowing you this way. No Brother, you will be remembered for as long as i live.

Sister CarrieMonet ... i will remember you as a Sister that speaks her mind, that is very open and wise. A Sister that is willing to do for others what they might not do for her. Taking chances to show love to those whose path you cross. You are beautiful and even if this community closes down, and i happen to be living and hear of your transition, i will thank God that i was allowed to know you, even in this very small frame of time.

Brother MrBlak ... i will remember you, and think that he never gave me enough of a chance to know him. I will think that MrBlak is a Brother that was seeking a place to truly open up, and share more of himself with others, but was a little reluctant to trust. Perhaps he'd been hurt and wasn't willing to put his feelings in harm's way. That is understandable, and i will forever hope that he felt comfortable here, as comfortable as he could.

Sister Watz ... i will remember you as a very intelligent Sister. One that spent most of her time in the poetry forums but how we all could have been served better by her knowledge and wisdom if she would have shared more in the discussions. I will be thankful for that that you did give, for it made me all the more richer. Reading your responses to some of the poetry is evidence of the wisdom and love you have. The ability to discern and be patient with others, lifting them up, even when they might have needed a spanking.

Brother Cedric ... i will remember you as a very fiery, dynamic, determined young man! Confident in himself and the goals he has for the future. I will remember you giving love so abundantly in this community, often surprising me, that someone would be giving love even more than i give love! Kind, patient, loving, yep ... that's how i'll be remembering you.

Sister Jazzy ... gurl !!! ... i just saw your post to this thread, so i gotta update mine to include you! oh my ... i get a real big smile on my face when i think of you! You're such a Sweetie Pie! Always willing to give love to others, sharing in every capacity that you can. Sincere and honest. That is what i think of, when i think of Sister Jazzy. Yep, i think of a great big ol' smile! :)

Family, it doesn't take death to come to our lives, for folk to think on us. We are all being looked at, read, and opinions are forming every day. We are examples to each other and i believe that we are doing a wonderful job at that. I'm honored to know each of you, and whether it be death, a job, or just life situations that separate us ... i will forever think fondly of you all.

As i type this, i'm reminded of how important it is to give each other flowers while we're living. To let folk know how much they mean to you, how their (small) kindness made a difference in your day or life. Yes, we need to do this now. Do not put it off, do not forsake it, for we may not come this way again.

This is a great place for me to add a link to the Giving Love to Our Moderators thread. Whether you all know it or not, they give a great part of themselves to this community and we should return that love to them, while their living.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

9. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Who knows how I'll be remembered. Maybe as a loving, warm, sensitive, caring individual? :dance: Come on people......use your imaginations. Really, I think I'll at least be appreciated for being honest. Hopefully. :couple:

10. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161

no james ...you won't *smh*

I'm just joking...that was temping :haha: