Black Entertainment : How will Afrika Bambaataa allegations affect Hip Hop History?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by UBNaturally, Apr 22, 2016.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

This video is from about 5-6 months ago.
    Wonder how these allegations will affect the history of "Hip Hop"

Recently this show was promoted in Chicago for April 16, 2016
    upload_2016-4-22_10-27-20.png
    http://promontorychicago.com/?event_id=6487445

Party people, come out and celebrate The Father of The Electro Funk, Afrika Bambaataa's birthday
    4/16 at 9:00pm!
    www.facebook.com/ThePromontory/posts/986902181364548
    www.facebook.com/events/1172152676146585/

CIMMfest and Promontory Present: Afrika Bambaataa the Godfather of Hip Hop, with Lovebug Starski

WHERE: The Promontory / WHEN: Saturday, April 16@ 9:00 PM

http://cimmfest.org/cimmfest-and-pr...he-godfather-of-hip-hop-with-lovebug-starski/
    http://www.getvamos.com/events/the-godfather-afrika-bambaata-lovebug-starski/11140782

This is video of the event

Looking at both sides that are presented...

1. Young boys were interacted with inappropriately and thus, were molested by an older adult.
    2. A conspiracy to defame the image of a supposed Hip Hop pioneer.​

Considering the conspiracy angle, we would have to look at what would be the purpose of doing this after Hip Hop is already on life support? To bury it completely?

Have the vultures used up all they want, and now are tossing it aside?

Or is this just one of those cases of, "..it happens"?

2. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

What was the background music about?

But KRS-One finally responds...

"But if you wanna dig into dude's personal life and accusations is being made, personally... I don't give a f"

Should we give a "f..." if older men are molesting young kids?
    Yea, this shouldn't reflect on Hip Hop, but the responses that are coming are more interesting than the allegations.

3. Panoramic

Panoramic Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +5
    Child sexual predators can be found within every demographic, so the allegations surrounding Afrika Bambaataa aren't a conspiracy, but a tragic reality which must be confronted and investigated.

I'm not the slightest bit concerned about hip-hop. I'm concerned about the very real possibility that multiple children were sexually abused in what sounds like an underground pedophile ring (pedophiles tend to operate in clandestine groups). Pedophiles also tend to have dozens (and sometimes hundreds) of victims over a lifetime. So if the allegations are true, there is a high probability that Bambaataa has offended more than the 4-5 men who have come forward. There could be more recent victims out there who are still minors (pedophiles tend to sexually abuse children all the way into old age). So yeah. . . I'm really not concerned about hip-hop.

Two different studies on child sexual abuse of Black girls (by Black men) revealed that about 40% to 60% of Black girls have been sexually abused by the age of 18. There is no telling how high the percentage is for Black boys, but if it's anywhere near as high as the percentage for Black girls, this indicates that child sexual abuse is an epidemic within Black America.

I have worked in this field, and til this day, counsel victims of sexual abuse. I urge parents to get informed about child sexual abuse and child sexual predators by experts, and teach their children about child sexual abuse in an age-appropriate manner. There is a dark evil veil of silence that shrouds child sexual abuse within Black America, and this veil can only be lifted by getting informed, shining light on the issue, advocating on behalf of victims and holding their offenders accountable.

4. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    KRS-One On Allegations Afrika Bambaataa Committed Sexual Abuse: "I Don't Care"
    April 29, 2016

When it comes to allegations that Afrika Bambaataa is guilty of child molestation, KRS-One has made his stance clear.

“For me if you keep it Hip Hop, nothing can be taken away from Afrika Bambaataa. … But if you want to dig into dude’s personal life and accusations that’s being made and so on,” the Boogie Down Productions rapper said during an interview on N.O.R.E. and DJ EFN’s “Drink Champs” podcast. “Personally — me personally – I don’t give a ****. Look, if somebody was harmed or whatever, y’all gotta deal with that ****. Deal with it. That don’t stop Hip Hop. That don’t stop what you did for Hip Hop. It don’t take away none of it. History is history. But deal with that. That’s personal.”

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.38587/t...-bambattaa-committed-sexual-abuse-i-dont-care

The video and the user's channel that posted the video, has now been closed.
    But here is another copy...

KRS Makes Insensitive Comments About Victims

Zulu Nation Boss Goes In On KRS ONE & Bambaataa!

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Lord Jamar: Mister Cee, Gay Has No Place in Hip Hop

"This is hip hop... We don't give passes for that type of *bleep*, like you just don't"

DJ Mister Cee Makes Emotional Confession on Hot 97

DJ Mister Cee was a guest on Hot 97 Thursday (Sept. 12) morning addressing the latest rounds of sex allegations, and admitted to being "in denial" about rumors that he solicited oral sex from men. "I never had actually sexual intercourse with another man, and vice versa," Cee said in the nearly 30-minute interview. But he did admit to accepting sexual "favors" from a "transsexual person."

He also acknowledged the recorded encounter with Bimbo Winehouse, a male he reportedly picked up for a sexual exchange. Cee said the run-in with Winehouse went down last year.

The BK native denied being gay but broke down in tears several times, exposing his fear of not being "looked at the same way," and shaming his West Indian family. "I just feel like I let a lot of people down," Cee explained, adding that he needs time to deal with "who," and "what" he is.

http://www.bet.com/news/music/2013/09/11/mister-cee-leaves-hot-97.html

Lord Jamar: "I Feel Dismayed"

6. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    2016:
    Afrika Bambaataa makes statement on The Ed Lover Show

https://soundcloud.com/thetruth999-435492828

"It could be me today, and you tomorrow"

2004:

"If this could happen to him, just imagine what could happen to you"

Hope he does better against these allegations than Malachi did...

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  7. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Red and Blue Pill discuss KRS One's Defense of Afrika Bambaataa Sexual Allegations

Bambaataa's Bodyguard Sets The Record Straight

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Interesting imagery from new KRS One video

upload_2016-5-9_10-32-27.png

May 6, 2016

9. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Keep The Focus And Ignore The Haters [Part-One]

By KRS-One

I have just arrived in Barcelona; sorry for the delay. In response to the responses and comments made after my interview with Nore, I am taking this time to clarify some of my statements to those that seem to be confused about my remarks regarding the controversy surrounding Afrika Bambaataa. One headline that I had read stated “KRS-One Doesn’t Care If Afrika Bambaataa Molested Kids”. Wow! Really? Fortunately, anyone can go to the audio and/or video recording of my entire interview with Nore and see for themselves just how irresponsible such headlines are. It seems that people will say anything these days to draw attention to their site.

I am indeed concerned about the accusations made against Afrika Bambaataa, but I will not become entangled in a controversy that seems to be less about justice and more about self-promotion and revenge. Of course, I care if a young person is being abused or even neglected, my entire life is based upon the protection and further development of young people; I teach and inspire young people every day! But, as you can see, irresponsible headlines like “KRS-One Doesn’t Care If Afrika Bambaataa Molested Kids”, and trying to turn a funny song I did years ago into some kind of question regarding my character is precisely the type of sensationalist gossip which I really don’t give a **** about! Let us have Focus And Ignore These Haters.

I said then as I am saying right now, it is not that I don’t care at all about the accusations made against Afrika Bambaataa; I am saddened at the whole controversy and how it is being handled. It is not that I don’t care, it is more the fact that I don’t gossip, I don’t take sides in real disputes that don’t concern me, I don’t slander people’s names and I don’t believe in abandoning your friends when they may be accused of crimes or make mistakes in life. What is so confusing about that? My position is clear! At this moment, all I am seeing and hearing regarding Afrika Bambaataa is gossip and sensationalism, and like I have already said, “I really don’t give a **** about all that!” I don’t apply my mind to gossip and slander. Slandering the accused for the sake of slander is not justice, nor is it the seeking of justice. I would like to see justice and healing for both the accusers as well as for the accused. But continuous slander and disrespect are not healing anyone or even correcting the situation. Disrespect and slander is NEVER an indicator that true justice is being sought. Disrespect and outright slander proves personal vendettas and revenge against the slandered, and I don’t participate in such immaturity, nor am I naïve to political set-ups and character assassinations.

Read the rest here:
    http://www.krs-one.com

"Personally, me personally I don't give a f..., personally. Look if someone was harmed or whatever was done, whatever, yall deal with that shi, yall deal with it. That don't stop hip hop"

upload_2016-5-9_10-53-32.png

What was this all about then if he don't give a f... personally?

Hypokrs-One

10. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    There is a chat on here, near the top and I believe a chat bar (but think it has been removed)

Contact a mod here, their names are listed in Red Font