Black People : How/Why do you celebrate christmas??

We get up and go ice skating in Bryant Park on 42nd street, then come back home and cool out with friends and fam and watch some B-ball...

Do you still do this Brother Info?

Sounds pretty kewl.

:heart:

Destee

Da Flash ... it is family tradition for me.

I hope that you and yours are doing well this day and all the days.

I miss seeing you posting and just hanging around ... :)

Thanks for your love and support all of the years.

Please come home for Christmas ... :wink:

[medio]1757[/medio]

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I was having a conversation with a family member the other day and they just couldn't grasp the concept of not celebrating christmas. My wife and I stopped celebrating christmas years ago and each year if we go to a family members house on 12/25, we inevitably have to explain why we no longer observe the day as we once did. I usually explain that I am an agnostic and that my wife is a christian and that the whole story/fable just doesn't fit nicely into either catagory. We both acknowledge that since most people are not working that day, that it makes it a good day to enjoy the company of our extended family and some good home cooking!! As I speak to friends/co-workers/neighbors I get a multitude of reason why people celebrate but I want to know why do Black people celebrate the day??

Is it a day that you observe because you're christian and if so how??

Is it a tradition that has been observed in your family for longer than you can remember that you just carry on because it's always been that way?

Do you believe that a chubby european will bring you present depending on wether you've been naughty or nice?? (from the people that I've spoken to, you'd be amazed!!!)

Hopefull this doesn't come across as patronizing, as that is not my intention.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, regardless of how you do or don't celebrate it!!!
I celebrate it because of tradition and it doesn't cause any harm to anyone that I do. I have family members that don't and I don't ask nor care why they don't. I don't want them however telling me why I shouldn't. I enjoy it. I like giving gifts and receiving them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back