Black People : How/Why do you celebrate christmas??

I got with family and had a good old time. I am probably one of the most non-religeous people you will find anywhere, but I can get behind getting with family and having a good time together. Beyond that, forget the underlying ish as the underlying ish do not mean squat to me. Call it "Gettingwithfamhavingfunand enjoyingyourselfmas" as far as I care.

I got with family and had a good old time. I am probably one of the most non-religeous people you will find anywhere, but I can get behind getting with family and having a good time together. Beyond that, forget the underlying ish as the underlying ish do not mean squat to me. Call it "Gettingwithfamhavingfunand enjoyingyourselfmas" as far as I care.

"Gettingwithfamhavingfunand enjoyingyourselfmas", I like that!!! Is chillin with fam all that you guys do or is there some gift exchange, etc?

We didn't have a tree or lights up this year...well at my house I don't, cause I'm too lazy to put anything like that up and take it back down.
But at my parents they usually do, they're good for that kinda stuff...my dad just gets in that Xmas mood and starts putting up stuff.
We gather with other family just like every other holiday and eat my grandmother's cooking....It's something we have always done.
I was never taught about Santa growing up. My parents made it very clear who the gifts were coming from...My mom would always say that Santa was from the devil LOL or something like that...and my other family members would ask me what I wanted, so it was obvious who it was coming from.
My other family is Jehovah Witness and they don't celebrate, but they make sure they come over the DAY AFTER to get a plate while the rest of the family is long gone...which pisses me off.
Anyways, Christmas is really just for the kids...and since my daughter is the only true child who acknowledges Xmas, she's the one who gets all the presents...which is always fine by me.
The women talk and talk about everything under the sun...and the men watch and talk about sports.
But I'm just there for the food and seeing my family since we all live far and are busy.
I don't see it as being anything else but that...

As a christian, do you do anything out of the ordinary involving your faith on this day? Do you view it as the birthday of Jesus?

"Gettingwithfamhavingfunand enjoyingyourselfmas", I like that!!! Is chillin with fam all that you guys do or is there some gift exchange, etc?

Yeah, we do the whole 9... gift exchanges, eat calorie laden food, imbibe a little,spades, jokes. I just choose to celebrate family than focus on a character.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back