Science and Technology : How Twitter lost the Internet War: “Just an ***-Backward Tech Company”

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
All I can do is :facepalm:

Twitter
How Twitter lost the Internet War: “Just an ***-Backward Tech Company”
Twitter faces more challenges than most technology companies: ISIS terrorists, trolls, bots, and Donald Trump. But its last line of defense, the company’s head of trust and safety, Del Harvey, isn’t making things easier. “Del over complicates things . . . and you can see that in the way some of these things are handled publicly.”

BY

MAYA KOSOFF

Del Harvey, Twitter’s resident troll hunter, has a fitting, if unusual, backstory for somebody in charge of policing one of the Internet’s most ungovernable platforms ...

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...pJobID=1341785991&spReportId=MTM0MTc4NTk5MQS2
how-twitter-lost-the-internet-war.jpg

Illustration by Lauren Margit Jones; from Alamy (twitter logo), from Getty Images (bandaid).

Last edited:

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
#twitterlockout
CONSERVATIVES MELT DOWN AS TWITTER ANNIHILATES FAKE ACCOUNTS
Twitter quietly purged thousands of bots overnight—cutting several prominent pundits’ follower counts down to size

BY

MAYA KOSOFF

... “Looks like thousands of Twitter users committed the thought crime of tweeting about ‘God,’ ‘the American flag,’ and ‘guns,’ were taken off the platform,” O’Keefe tweeted. “Our undercover reporting into Twitter showed those terms indicate to engineers you are ‘for sure a bot.’”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/201...pJobID=1342003067&spReportId=MTM0MjAwMzA2NwS2
Conservatives-Twitter-Bot-Meltdown.jpg

O'Keefe speaks at an event at the Southern Medthodist University chapter of Young Americans for Freedom in November 2017.
By Stewart F. House/Getty Images

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

Twitter is sick. The prognosis is grim

By Christine Emba Columnist

... In a series of tweets Thursday, Dorsey confessed that the company “didn’t fully predict or understand the real-world negative consequences” of the instant, public and global messaging it pioneered. “We aren’t proud of how people have taken advantage of our service, or our inability to address it fast enough,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin..._term=.20841ee56ddc&wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1
Twitter_Whos_Minding_the_Shop_28156-05ad2-2855.jpg

Jack Dorsey, the chief executive of Twitter. (Richard Drew/AP)

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Black People Politics : President Trump responds to Twitter account ban in tweet storm from @POTUS account Black People Politics 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : ELCA faces criticism for posting prayer to 'Mother God' on Facebook, Twitter Christian Study Group 0
Destee Black People : What / Where is Black Twitter? Black People Open Forum 9
Z Black Relationships : Do people on twitter also think/say junior/freshman in college is bad as well? Black Relationships 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : 'The Devil Is Coming!!!': Twitter Freaks Out Over Sinkhole Near White House Black People Politics 0
IFE Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : BLACK TWITTER COMES FOR VICTORIA’S SECRET FOR NOT LAYING BLACK MODEL’S HAIR FOR THEIR SHOOTS Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 1
Liberty Black Positive People : Beyond Black Twitter: Black Millennials’ Rule the Internet Black People Doing Positive Things 1
nilevalley Black Entertainment : Actress Leslie Jones decides to return to Twitter after two day leave Black Entertainment 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People : twitter-moves-to-actively-seek-out-terrorists Black People Open Forum 3
Liberty Internet Technology : Twitter’s Former News Manager Talks About His Current Project “Today In #BlackTwitter” Science and Technology 0
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : Jesse Jackson asks Twitter for racial breakdown of layoffs Black Money Business Jobs 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Twitter Explodes Over Obama 'Closest Thing to a Jew' Claim Black People Politics 1
S Law Forum : In a possible prelude to Federal charges, Black Twitter goes in on Dwight Howard over 16yr old girl. Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 18
S Science and Technology : Twitter's new look.. I think I like it. Science and Technology 0
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Twitter as a disaster tool for the Philippines Science and Technology 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Syrian hackers hit Obama-linked Twitter, Facebook accounts Black People Politics 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : @IssaRae Presents -Black Twitter Party Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Somalia : Twitter shuts down Somalia's extremists, again Somalia 0
MsInterpret Computers - Software Hardware : What Are Some FB/Twitter Pages to Like or Follow? Science and Technology 4
N Support : What Happened to twitter.. and the games.. and the private chat? Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 2
Ankhur Black People : What would Garvey, Malcolm X, or Fannie Lou Hamer done with the internet, facebook and twitter Black People Open Forum 6
L Destee Network : Follow @RelationshipsTN on Twitter Destee Network : 1
river Black People : Gosh Michael's Death Shut Down Twitter Black People Open Forum 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : Plenty of winners lost yesterday Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Arrived at the club deprived of lovebut survived a hug delivered by a chickstarted to quiver quick and licked her lipsclub a boss sitebut lost m Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : Put words on a truck and these nerds better duck make birds fly up lost in the sky while girls toss pie on a sexual high take vocab to the club for ac Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : What’s Lost When Black Children Are Socialized Into a White World Black Education / Schools 10
SkinTone Black People : A lot we lost in this Brother. It's our job to. Arr Black People Open Forum 0
KRAZYK The Front Porch : Lost The Front Porch 5
R Black Poetry : look I'm boss in the hood but got lost in the woods now in town and somehow found friends, didn't re Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
R Black Poetry : The cost is silly if you lost the ability to motivate folks and donate quotes to the knowledge hall Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : make my mind trip lost you try kiss off my lipgloss Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : 'Lost Tapes' series examines Malcolm X through rare footage African American History Culture 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Lost Playing Spades Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : Mystery of Lost Biblical 'Sea People' Revealed in Ancient Hieroglyphs Uncovered in Turkey Christian Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Anglomania ... How the Anglo World Lost Its Way (While the World Didn’t) African American History Culture 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : Lost Ancient Muslim City Discovered in Ethiopia Could Reveal Details of Islam’s History in Africa Ethiopia 0
Kemetstry Black People Politics : THE PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS LOST UNDER REPEAL Black People Politics 10
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Teen’s Prom Dress Honoring Black Lives Lost To Police Brutality Goes Viral Black People Doing Positive Things 1
J Support : Kind of lost.. Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 6
Al D Black People : Has China Lost Its Traditional Values? Black People Open Forum 11
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : How the ancient Egyptian lost its ability to read & write AACOOLDRE 0
Liberty Black People Politics : The #TrumpTape Debate: Either Hillary Clinton Wins Tonight or America has Lost its Way Black People Politics 0
HODEE Black Poetry : LOST and FOUND BOX Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Fine1952 Black People Politics : Lost History: Lost Movement Black People Politics 0
NikkiRenee Black Poetry : Lost Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Liberty Black People Politics : Jan. 7, 2008: The Day Hillary Clinton Lost the Black Vote Black People Politics 13
Orisons Black People Politics : Are our Mis-Leaders in the 21st century lost and confused NEGROBOTS or TRAITORS? Black People Politics 21
RAPTOR Black Education / Schools : Black College Households Lost Half Their Wealth Despite Degrees Black Education / Schools 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : This black woman manages $8 billion dollars for the city of Chicago and hasn’t lost a dime Black People Doing Positive Things 0