Black Authors : How To Work with White People And Win!

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Alley, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Alley

Alley Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi, My name is Alley and I have just submitted my first eBook to Amazon. It is about the techniques I have used to manipulate the work environment that many of us find ourselves in.

The advice I give in this short eBook, are tactics I use everyday at work. I hope people find this book inspiring and funny(at times). So please check it out. Right now it is in the publishing process, but it is on Amazon right now.

How To Work With White People And Win!

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......Welcome to Destee.com Alley, the most productive site on the Internet for black people. Here's a link to a forum which speaks for itself, enjoy your stay here, and we look forward to discussions that will enlighten our people....Peace In:

Black Authors - Books - Writing - Poetry Discussion

http://destee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

P.S. From one author to another, much success on the promotion of your book...Peace In,

3. Alley

Alley Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    Black Authors - Books - Writing - Poetry Discussion

Thank you, Clyde!

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Update!

.......No problem Alley., yvw(you are very welcome)..and again, much success on your work, it sounds good, effective, and its original...Peace In, for real straight-talk,

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I do not understand what the term manipulate

means, in regards to a wokr environment

White people are no better then any people, and that is the fact therefore there is no need to treat any one

'priveledged or special" in a work environment

When one understands business and those who worship business and money , one understands that business is about intitiative, and production of the bottom line.

If one is serious about work then one works for any one as if they were working for themselves, and that is the real key IMHO.

And that is from working with white people for over 33 years

As far as Us getting along better with any race of people

that one is dependant on for gas, electric, water and communications, cable,

in real life business terms,

it behooves that group of people to be at least 75%

free of that dependency, and maintain some real self or collectively sufficient, in regrds to those utilities.

That makes one in a position to speak the
    "language" (as Malcolm had said)

of the other

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
  7. Alley

Alley Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +14
    Thank You!

It's very nice to have this kind of support. When I was writing this book, I only shared it with close friends. I am very happy to hear your kind comments.

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    With all due respect and candor, and in lieu of the title of the thread

as the economy takes a nose dive, white corprorate business is well aware that, there is no longer any affirmative action
    therfore it behooves us in lieu of past experience,
    to assume that the inner sense of white priveledge would come out of pandoras box and they would now expect some form of subservient behavior for blacks to maintain jobs in the professions,
    and the capacity to sue for racial abuse and harrassment is being eroded

Also the same may or may not hold true in light of the rampant union busting which effects the blue collar worker and his protection from racist abuse and exploitation.
    The power to write up an employer to EEO is getting removed as well as the capacity to bid away from a work area , that may have an abusive supervisor or manager

The case of making interacial marriage illegal, in Misssissippi,
    the case of removing black studies from the school curriclum in Arizona,

may have more to do with a return to states rights and a desire for a very real return to Jim Crow and real seperate but un-equal again.

Understanding the mindset of any employer is important before acceptng any position of employment.

And no group of people should lack collective power where any indivdual in that group is reduced to a state of,

"I will do any thing and put up with any thing just to get that job and keep it"

The Aztecas in Manhattan made white employers well aware of that fact, when they staged that wild cat strike a few years back,
    and corproations lost , tens of millions in those few hours in the restaurant businesses and the garment district

9. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I'm just looking forward to the day when white people can work with us.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Brother Ankhur ... while you're starting threads talking about folk ATTACKING Islam ... here you are, attacking this new Member's book, work, and post here.

You really can't see yourself ... even though i've continually warned you about this.

Do you know you can write a book about all that stuff you're posting about, instead of ATTACKING this Member, for writing a book about what they want to write a book about?!

I almost suspended you last night, when I saw that Islam Attack thread ... because you refuse to focus on your own behavior.

Leave this Member alone ... you're really getting on my nerves ... as i try with all my might to be patient with your less than stellar behavior.

Alley ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave: :wave: :wave:

I wish you much success with your effort, and am honored that Sister River has already purchased your work ... showed great support by actually putting her money where her mouth is ... and has even offered to add your book to her Amazon Store.

Right in this thread, examples of both extremes are represented ... hurt and help ... and while i wish it would only be help ... each Member manifests what they want.

I am honored ... that you shared your work here ... and that Sister River responded so kindly.

With her example, we have evidence of hope.

I'm gonna move this thread to the Books / Author's Forum.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee