Black People : how to raise a pimp

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by THA HOOKUPMAN, Oct 5, 2004.

1. THA HOOKUPMAN

THA HOOKUPMAN Banned MEMBER

FRRE THINKER
    Ratings:
    +17
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    "Pimpin'" is challenging work. It demands managerial skills, financial acumen, and an intimate knowledge of law enforcement policies and procedures. I've observed that a lot of women seem to be raising their sons (often unknowingly) to become pimps. Usually, when we think of a pimp, we think of a man driving around in a big car with a bunch of streetwalkers that he panders to other lusty men.

But there are other types of pimps as well. You probably know one. He's the guy you know that is perpetually looking for a woman (usually his mother, wife, or girlfriend) to take total financial care of him.

But contrary to popular belief, pimpin' is a learned behavior. You have to start training a boy to be a pimp in childhood. Here is how it's done.

First, raise him to think he's "cute." I'm not talking about a positive self-image. I'm talking about creating an impression in his mind at the earliest possible moment that his physical appearance is more important than how he treats his fellow man or what he knows or thinks. Do this by piercing his ears and braiding his hair from day one, making him indistinguishable from a little girl. Of course, you would never think of making your baby daughter look like a boy, but that's OK. And don't worry, you won't make him gay, but by focusing on his physical appearance and fashion, you will teach him that a woman's role in his life is for them to cater to his every material desire just because he is so "cute" or "fine" - you know, like a pimp. Let him think that the world revolves around him by virtue of "cuteness". That way, when the steel mill, corporate American or academia start hiring "cute" instead of "skilled", "strong", or "intelligent", he will finally be able to get a job - whenever that is.

To raise a pimp you must act like a whore. How else will your son know how to handle them? You've got to swear and talk nasty at every available activity. Keep a steady stream of different men coming through your house. Let your son hear you moan in your bedroom as you consort with the Man of the Week". Let him see how you manipulate men; this one to pay the rent, that one to pay NIPSCO. That way he learns that the only value men have in society is to use and be used by women. It won't make him a good man, but it will make him one helluva pimp.

Emphasize the importance of sexual rather than intellectual prowess. This is a favorite in black communities. For instance, they say black men have "big ones.". If your son is black, make sure he keeps focused on this. That is essential to keeping him on the "pimp track". You see, if he starts valuing "heavy thinking" over being "heavy hung", he might stray from the pimpin' path that some in the black community - and for that matter, in some segments of white society as well have chosen for some young black men. And you certainly wouldn't want that to happen, now would you?

Make your son "your man". I'm not talking about sexually, but emotionally. Let your young son talk to you like he's grown, even when he is a child. Get him involved in your personal affairs. Keep him away from his father and put his father down to him. He will grow with no respect for his father or himself. Since he is young and impressionable, your son may be the only "man" in your life you can "control". So don't love him, control him.

Never let him accept responsibility for his actions. Remember, when he gets in trouble at school, it should always be some other child or the teacher's fault, never his. If he starts using drugs, blame his friends, not him. If he gets arrested, bail him out immediately and tell the judge that your son is "a good boy". Remember, sorry excuses make sorry men, and sorry men make excellent pimps.

Look, if you follow my advice, your son will grow up to be a trifling, good-for-nothing, clothes-horsing, baby-making, no job-having pimp perpetually dependent on the women in his life (perhaps you) for his very sustenance. But you've got to decide early if you want a pimp or a man for a son, because you certainly can't have both.

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Amen playa. THis is a tight thread.

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    drop jewelz son....
    one love
    khasm

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Hookup ... uhhhh ... this is all good stuff that a woman can do, it seems, to keep her son on the road to pimp-dom ... but you didn't share any of the things a male can do to help him get there ... so i thought i'd add a few ... in an effort to bring some balance ...

If you really want your son to display pimp behavior ... let him see you beating on his Mother every now and again, then taking her in the bedroom and telling her how you hate have'n ta beat on her like that as you give her "some" ... 'cause it aint like you need none from her, you doin' her a favor ... then have her fix you something to eat afterwards, and wink at the boy as he passes the open bedroom door with you laying up there smoking a cigarette wait'n on yo' sammich ...

That's if you have the time to slap her around every now and then, because if not, it's just as effective if you simply decide never to come around at all ... yeah, let him know that seed is to be dropped where ever you lay your hat and when you're gone, you're gone ... what pimp do you know that has a baby seat in the back seat of his car ... nawwww ... never that ... drop the seed and be gone ... let him know by showing him, by never being there

and if you really want the child to sink his teeth into grasping the full experience of pimpology ... he's gotta know how to lie ... 'cause you can't hardly be no good pimp, if you can't lie ... so call him up a few weeks before his birthday and ask him what he wants, yeah, tell him to give you the whole list of things because you're his daddy and you want to make him happy ... but never show up ... that will show him how to lie and build up the expectations of his "women" ... just to let 'em down ... and to be sure that he has the lesson down pat ... do this every year, gauging just how hopeful he remains in spite of the fact that you've never followed through ... this is true pimp-dom at its best ... lying yet keeping them hanging on, dangling from a string ... just hoping that maybe this time you'll come through ... when you never have any intention of doing that ... after all, we're trying to raise a pimp here

if you do decide to hang out with ol' gurl for awhile, the boy's Mother, take him with you when you're visiting your other women, let him know that this is just a "man thang" and it don't mean that he don't love da Momma ... teach him how to juggle a few women at the same time, 'cause we all know what they say ... pimp'n aint easy ... show him how much man you are while putting the whole weight of cheating, lying, sneaking, and hiding on the shoulders of your young male child ... be sure to let him know that this must all remain between yall ... it's like building a bond between the two of you ... yeah ... it's a man thang ... and his Momma and Sisters would never understand

and while we're on the topic of raising a pimp, what good is a pimp without a prostitute ... so show your daughters that they have no value or worth in your life, so they'll never expect to have any worth to themselves or others ... and they will be perfect prostitute material for all the pimps we're raising ... yeah ... what's a pimp without his ... hmmm ... prostitute

yeah my Brothers ... spread your seed far and wide ... have women on every side of town and their babies with 'em ... let your young boys know how to live by showing them first hand ... like father, like son ...

Brother Hookup ... i'm certain that you meant well by posting the above scenarios, and much good can be gleaned from it ... i reckon ... but as i typed my addition, it almost made me ill ... that we would even suggest such things ... even if it is happening, and i'm sure it all is ... we have a responsibility, i believe, to set the record straight ... to let our youth know that this is NOT the way we want them to behave and considering the condition many of them (and unfortunately their parents) are in, we can't afford to let anyone read this and think for one moment that we might be suggesting that they do these things.

Our babies are our future and we must always present ourselves and information in the clearest manner possible, so that none become any more confused than they already are.

Brother Hookup ... i aint fuss'n or nuth'n 'cause i'm guilty too, as i think of threads that i've started ... that were meant to be taken in the same manner you meant for this to be taken.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Aaahhhhh...the bitter truth and ironies we encounter in our modern world. :kick:

Yes Sister Destee, it makes us angry at times, but the truth often will and should if we're ever going to develop the wisdom, courage and discipline to correct problems that we often have a tendency to perpetuate when we exhibit contradictory behaviors.

I'm sure this bitter satire is not meant to compare Black men to Black women. But it's everything about what the entire community should be addressing in every corner of our world. We have got to look at the Ying and the Yang in our daily lives regardless of the color of our skin or our economic levels or political beliefs.

Do we really recognize how consumed we have become with the ills in this society that we can't see how we have become part of the problem? It's ugly, true, but necessary to hear if we're ever going to stop living these lies that will certainly destroy us.

Queenie...MHO

6. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    IT'S LIKE "HOW TO BE A PIMP" PTS 1 AND 2. THERE GOOD THREADS THOUGH
    I WOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE VIEWING THIS AS SOME FORM OF ADVICE THREAD. IF THEY DO SEE IT AS ADVICE, THEY'RE PROBABLY ALREADY TRAINING THERE KID TO BE A PIMP.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

Queenie, on point again - as per the usual...

Destee, I think you gave HookUpMan's piece some balance, as I noticed, as well, that Mother seemed to be singled out as the main perpetrator and perpetuator of Pimp Behavior... That is unfair and untrue... Both parents contribute to a man becoming a pimp - either through their overt or covert actions...

By the same token, as so many of these brothers are, unfortnately, reared by women, and women spend most of the time with the child, it can be said that she passes on certain values which may contribute more to the psychology of the pimp... Frankly, I've seen many of the scenarios in HoookUpMan's piece being played out, and Khasm from Chicago, and Manasiac from Florida gave their resounding endorsement of the piece... Sistas, think about it a sec... Three brothers from different areas of the country, and we're seeing this stuff being played out in each of those locales??? That sounds like it's a cultural thing, and unfortunately, has some basis in fact...

On the other hand, brothers, if this stuff is going on in some form or fashion in some households(SOME households!), it may well be because we aren't there in those households to provide the kind of balance and love and support the sister needs to raise these boys to be men, instead of pimps??? It takes a mother and a father to rear children properly, and because African men are not there as they should be, it stands to reason that some of us might become glorified mama's boys(pimps!) Hmmmm, wonder if we gone step up and recognize that we are just as much at fault for the pimps that populate our world as our women???

Peace!
    Isaiah

8. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    *smh* Yeah, i know folks that are sooooo guilty of these things. The bottom line is if we want our children to grow up a certian way, we have to instill in them the tools they'll need to live that lifestyle. If you want your kid to go to college, show him the world of knowledge. If you want them to be pimps, playas, mack daddies, whores, drug runners, then I guess you'll expose them to that type of behavior. We have to think about the effect of our behaviors on our children.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    well on both side of the coin i see how pimp-dom stars are born
    too bad i didn't get all dis but cut ball head slap if i spoke of an ear-ring
    and never got to see pop spank moma nor dis i get to treat a woman bad
    nor did i feel her bend to my needs so i guess i'm not a pimp
    i didn't get to stay at home and moma take care of me coz dad toss me out
    and mold me , made me a man and how to work for what i want so i guess
    i'm no pimp this was great wisdom knowledge spoken here from the female
    and male side of how we turn our children to pimps at near birth a sad sad
    deep twist y'all on point and this be reality i see this so much going on

now what can we do to curb this pimp-o-tron glamor ????

10. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ban rap vidoes. :dance3:

Seriously, men and women need to work together to raise their children, even if it is in separate households. My ex and I are trying to keep our son on the same schedule and same rules in both houses. I have also found that many women do the things they do to/for "little man" because they're using him as a replacement for the man they want/need in their lives. And too many men are still filling their son's heads with garbage about keeping women in line, and getting them young so they can be molded, and to never settle down because h*** is scandalous. This is why relations are so :injured: .