Black People Politics : How To Please Black People While Working For White People - The Challenge of the Black Politician

I don't think it's impossible ... difficult yes ... but not impossible.

The education system is theirs too ... they created it ... they make the rules ... they useta keep us out.

It's theirs too.

:heart:

Destee

Public education, yes.

Private education, no.

Public education, yes.

Private education, no.

They got rules for private education too ... you don't get to act free of them or their system.

I'll go one further and say we are all operating in some avenue of their system.

We're all faced with this same conundrum, how to please blacks while working for whites, just different levels.

The teaching level is more traveled by us than the political one, we've made strides there, which created the space for you to not only be a teacher, but a student of their system ... and not the first of either, as could be the case with many a black politician. Even with many of our people having traveled the route of teacher, the educational system still does not work equitably as it relates to us. There are still improvements that need to be made ... (even with you having spent time there) ... but because it is not ours ... we don't determine policy ... there will be some instances where we are simply working (feeding self and family), with no great ability to manifest the kind of change we believe is needed.

With politics, it's probably a bit more daunting of a task, given fewer of us embark upon this path, and there are less substantive strides within, as in teaching.

It's easy to see that another failed to solve all the problems on their level ... when we forget neither did we.

Destee

They got rules for private education too ... you don't get to act free of them or their system.

I'll go one further and say we are all operating in some avenue of their system.

We're all faced with this same conundrum, how to please blacks while working for whites, just different levels.

The teaching level is more traveled by us than the political one, we've made strides there, which created the space for you to not only be a teacher, but a student of their system ... and not the first of either. Even with many of our people having traveled the route of teacher, the educational system still does not work equitably as it relates to us. There are still improvements that need to be made ... (even with you having spent time there) ... but because it is not ours ... we don't determine policy ... there will be some instances where we are simply working (feeding self and family), with no great ability to manifest the kind of change we believe is needed.

With politics, it's probably a bit more daunting of a task, given fewer of us embark upon this path, and there are less substantive strides within, as in teaching.

It's easy to see that another failed to solve all the problems on their level ... when we forget neither did we.

Destee

You make a lot of generalizations without much specificity. It seems that it's easy to state all of us are failures at what we do based on one man's chosen path.

Without any real knowledge about what most of us are doing.

However, I will just roll on and continue making the best of what time I have left on this planet in teaching our youth. At least I know that is where I am making a difference, where the system failed.

You make a lot of generalizations without much specificity. It seems that it's easy to state all of us are failures at what we do based on one man's chosen path.

Without any real knowledge about what most of us are doing.

However, I will just roll on and continue making the best of what time I have left on this planet in teaching our youth. At least I know that is where I am making a difference, where the system failed.

I intentionally tried to keep my comments general, as i don't know what anyone is doing specifically. That's true.

My point is ... at every level of life, we need more ... and the political arena is no exception.

With teaching, which you brought into the discussion, there are probably more and easier opportunities to please black people while working for whites. There is a lot of one on one encounters between teacher and student, and i'm sure you utilize them to the fullest ... but the challenges with education as a whole still exist.

Likewise with politics / the presidency ... challenges still exist ... even though one black man has had the job.

Destee

I intentionally tried to keep my comments general, as i don't know what anyone is doing specifically. That's true.

My point is ... at every level of life, we need more ... and the political arena is no exception.

With teaching, which you brought into the discussion, there are probably more and easier opportunities to please black people while working for whites. There is a lot of one on one encounters between teacher and student, and i'm sure you utilize them to the fullest ... but the challenges with education as a whole still exist.

Likewise with politics / the presidency ... challenges still exist ... even though one black man has had the job.

Destee

I don't work for whites. My company is a Bkack owned, independent learning center. I quit working for white people before the current president got elected. Yes, of course challenges do exist. But I never would accuse all Bkack people of failing in what they do. In fact, I have NEVER stated that the current president is failing in "everything" he is doing or has done.

I am still waiting for a clear answer to the question I have asked many times here: what has he actually done to benefit Black people?

It's ironic though his many speeches where he talks to us about our failings, yet we are criticized for pointing out his as well. Or questioning what he is doing for our benefit.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back