Science and Technology : How to DELETE (not deactivate) Facebook.

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Washington
I considered that. But as they have already mentioned they are saving all Facebooks I'm curious as to whether or not they are maybe saving a copy and simply deleting the one that is available for public view. Not that I am important either.

I don't think they are. Facebook is a large corporation. You are not first on their agenda when it comes to deleting your FB profile. They don't want you too. They would rather you stay FOREVER, and they know some people may be unsure if they want to delete their facebook page.
For example:
I deleted mine...However, I am sometimes tempted to just go back because I do have family on their and fb games that I liked to play...and people I could possibly do business with for my future business venture I'm in the works with.
So for me the temptation to come back is there and I got this whole 2 weeks to decide if that's what I want or not.
Also, there's a lot of data on FB profiles...especially depending on how long you've been on FB and your activity. It's not like a Myspace page or Blackplanet page which doesn't store the enormous amount of data that FB does.
If you are so concerned with them keeping your information, then don't delete your page...Just keep it open and let them keep your information.

mywordsfly

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 11, 2012
I don't think they are. Facebook is a large corporation. You are not first on their agenda when it comes to deleting your FB profile. They don't want you too. They would rather you stay FOREVER, and they know some people may be unsure if they want to delete their facebook page.
For example:
I deleted mine...However, I am sometimes tempted to just go back because I do have family on their and fb games that I liked to play...and people I could possibly do business with for my future business venture I'm in the works with.
So for me the temptation to come back is there and I got this whole 2 weeks to decide if that's what I want or not.
Also, there's a lot of data on FB profiles...especially depending on how long you've been on FB and your activity. It's not like a Myspace page or Blackplanet page which doesn't store the enormous amount of data that FB does.
If you are so concerned with them keeping your information, then don't delete your page...Just keep it open and let them keep your information.
I tried to end it by saying I am not trying to imply importance. I was merely saying I'd be interested in the process because they are building that plant in UT to store information, and also the recent acquisition of Instagram and change of agreements regarding pictures on that site. I don't believe I do much to be watched by the government. Excuse me for implying otherwise; I simply had been hoping that because I can "deactivate" so easily, that deleting it would occur instantly.

Personally I see no reason for Facebook. While I see the use for business, I think there are better outlets. I think that it's far beyond what it was originally intended to be, and rereading my stuff before I deleted this morning showed me a lot that I had forgotten. I put a lot of information up there---had a lot of pictures of a lot of times and each one had a description. I had a lot of "friends" too. I haven't been on in more than a year, but it was eye opening to see just how much I divulged simply from the prompt of a button.

But yet again, excuse me. I was not asking for advice. I have no need for anything on there and hope that by following the link you generously provided that I indeed will delete my Facebook.

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I had considered getting a facebook acct where you can add friends and things. Right now I have a facebook like page. Can someone please tell me the pros and cons of getting one? Thank you

For me, I find Facebook useful in keeping in touch with family, some of whom I have never met in person.

Secondly, reconnecting with old classmates and friends.

Third, I belong to a large number of groups.

My problem is I had four accounts that became difficult to manage. Too many email and FB notifications.

I deleted three and kept one. As far as the like pages are concerned, you don't need a separate account to create pages.

Latest profile posts

Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love:
skuderjaymes wrote on Cindy's profile.
good to see you around Cindy.
2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.